It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reference to Adv. Aero Threat and I.D. Program found in 2018 issue of Congressional Record...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well this might be interesting. It is possible there is one and maybe more than one Congressional committee looking at conducting hearings on the topics of ufo's.

New research:

Recently a group of collaborating researchers, composed of Roger Glassel from Sweden; Curt Collins from the USA; Paul Dean from Melbourne, Australia, and myself from Adelaide, South Australia, have been following up on this subject area. The group has found a very interesting item, in the US 'Congressional Record.' The 'Congressional Record' is the official record of the proceedings and debates of the United States Congress, published by the United States Government Publishing Office.

very interesting item found

House of Rep. Armed Services Committee's Subcommittees:
Note in the last sentence " our nation is protected against terrorist attacks and unconventional threats."

'The Emerging Threats and Capabilities subcommittee is responsible for overseeing Counter Terrorism programs and initiatives and counter proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Additionally, the subcommittee overseas US Special Operations Forces, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), information technology and programs, force protection policy and oversight and related intelligence support, it makes sure that our nation is protected against terrorist attacks and unconventional threats.'

Based on this new information a request under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act has been filed to the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Is there another Congressional Committee looking at the subject matter?
This is very interesting: a US Navy witness to the famous 2004 tic-tact ufo sighting has been invited to speak before a Congressional Committee.

It is common knowledge that a US Navy witness to the 2004 USS Nimitz 'Tic tac' case has been invited to speak before another congressional committee, other than the House of Representatives Armed Services Committee. In deference to the fact that this discussion may not have yet taken place, we will not name this other committee. However, this means that at least two US congressional committees may have already taken, or may still be taking, or will shortly be taking, evidence from a variety of individuals who have some knowledge of the subject of UFOs in general, and more specifically work undertaken by the AAWSAP/AATIP.

This item has 7 interesting comments so far:

7 comments: CybereyeAugust 16, 2018 at 5:09 AM I have the email from Kirk McConnell confirming the Senate Armed Services Committee is interviewing all known to be involved with the Nimitz incident. Reply Replies Keith BasterfieldAugust 16, 2018 at 9:21 AM Cybereye, thanks for this comment. Reply ParabunkAugust 16, 2018 at 8:48 PM The wording "Advanced Aerospace Threat and Identification Program" is interesting as it's the same that Reid used in his letter on the second paragraph, which looked like a typo (like AAITP after it), especially since that extra "and" in the middle wasn't in the attachment page of his letter. Might indicate some relationship to that letter. It's also interesting it mentions AATIP "contract", while Reid mentioned it's a nickname. I would like to know if there even was a contract with that name. Reply Replies Keith BasterfieldAugust 17, 2018 at 10:42 AM Hi Parabunk, Precise wording is always difficult to achieve. So, the following is my understanding so far. We have the August 2008 solicitation document for a program called Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications Program. We have found no contract documents for that program anywhere on the Internet. Yet we are told that BAASS got the contract. George Knapp did give us a small section of a form where it said "Contractor" BAASS. But that's all we have. Elizondo stated that the AAWSAP became AATIP in 2008.

source

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yes, because our pew pew guns are certainly a match for whatever energy weapons and shielding are aboard a spaceship.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Seems a waste when we have known we could down them with a strip of Mylar since Roswell.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Thank goodness.

I'd be upset if we WEREN'T looking at these possibilities.

I gotta say, the weapons we're working on in secret, for Earth defense, are quite interesting.

For "security" reasons I won't be listing them off, but rest assured, crazy scientists have your backs if any of these things turn out to be threats.

I almost wish Troy Hurtubise would tackle this idea, he works on practical technology, but that man is the closest thing we have to a Tony Wayne or a Bruce Stark. He's pretty much Iron Man, without the money.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

Thank goodness.

I'd be upset if we WEREN'T looking at these possibilities.

I gotta say, the weapons we're working on in secret, for Earth defense, are quite interesting.

For "security" reasons I won't be listing them off, but rest assured, crazy scientists have your backs if any of these things turn out to be threats.

I almost wish Troy Hurtubise would tackle this idea, he works on practical technology, but that man is the closest thing we have to a Tony Wayne or a Bruce Stark. He's pretty much Iron Man, without the money.

To bad Troy Hurtubise is dead

And who the heck are Bruce Stark and Tony Wayne me thinks you haz those names backwards.

OP does this mean we will get any insight? I am doubtful...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Once again, I am not holding my breath under these science suppressing times in America.

new topics

top topics

join