It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farage back in the Brexit games.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: markojo

I for one look forward to what mr farage will say. I do hope he sticks it to both the eu unelected and the bozos here in the commons and lords. this current government are building us up for a major fall I suspect to bow down to the eu throne. come leave day there will be no allies and the foreign banks (us and eu) will try to financially tear us apart. talk about asset stripping you aint seen nothing yet sadly not helped by current governmental individuals addictions to offshoring monies away from the electorate. the traitors to our fragile democracy need to understand there will be consequences beyond democracy's death.

f

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

It doesn't work that way. No outcome amount was set and never is because it would make elections ridiculous. And it was half of the people who could be bothered to vote. Those who didn't don't get a say because they chose not to vote. And No I'm not kicking and screaming at the EU (even though they refuse to do trade unless we agree to all these rules which has dragged negotiations out because they refuse to budge on anything and yet they made a deal with China and the US in pretty sharp fashion), I'm just looking to leave and had fair trade. The EU is just refusing because they know that if (and I say that because I know a second vote will happen) but hopefully when we leave and make a success of it other nations will want to do the same and if they lose another major country like us they know the EU project will fail (as it has been for a while now for the smaller nations).

Oh and just so you know, if you're talking about paying money into the EU, we're technically owed a ton of money because we invested in a large number of projects, paid for toward the buildings, the interest that we are owed on loans we've made, hell there is even a wine collection worth a lot of money that we should be given a share of once we leave but of course that won't happen. I think remainers and their ilk should take a step back and stop pretending that we're walking off a cliff, if the EU would grow up and act like adults and do what's needed this can go well for both, they and apparently you need to remember that trade and tariffs go both ways and we buy more of theirs than they do of ours.

They should count themselves lucky that I wasn't PM. I'd have walked the moment they started making demands that they wouldn't budge on. Ridiculous stance in a negotiation. No deal would've been a last resort but one we should've stuck to and one that I would've but alas I'm not PM.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: markojo
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, he's not worthy of the title. He's a # stirring #gibbon. Much like his tangerine looking mate.

I'll give Farage way more credit than Trump.

Whether you like or hate Farage, he is convicted and passionate about what he believes. He has kept his vision and hasn't swayed. And the man can speak.

I'm not from the UK, so I'm not going to say I support his politics. Frankly, I don't know what you all need to do. But I always admire someone who is convicted and passionate about what they believe, even if I disagree with them.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Hell there is even a wine collection worth a lot of money that we should be given a share of once we leave but of course that won't happen.

You'd have to get past Juncker for that!! He'll have the proposed 'EU army

guarding it!!

They should count themselves lucky that I wasn't PM. I'd have walked the moment they started making demands that they wouldn't budge on. Ridiculous stance in a negotiation. No deal would've been a last resort but one we should've stuck to and one that I would've but alas I'm not PM.

With your stance I would have voted for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

(Horrified pause)
Farage? As PM? Are you deranged? He's a lunatic with delusions of competence!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Nigel is back and speaking up, will there be time to change things I sure hope so ?

Farage should not have stood back from the public eye.
His perseverance and passion were probably the single biggest factor in forcing membership of the EU to the forefront of UK politics.
We all owe him a debt of gratitude for that.

With all our politicians on a six week summer holiday in their Euro villas or similar ?

A disgrace, but hardly surprising and it probably makes no difference to the running of the country.....we have been drifting aimlessly with a complete lack of leadership and direction since the result of the referendum was announced.

He is the person I think should be running our Country.....

Good grief, never.
Farage is pretty much a one trick pony and very much a frustrated Tory.
Take his stance over the EU away and his policies were pretty shallow and lacking substance.

.....and telling the unelected Rulers of the European Union Kingdom where to get off.

Oh definitely.
The Eurocrats are scared of Farage and his open disdain for them and all they stand for.
I think he'd give the negotiations focus and drive.
He'd see through their bluff and bluster.

We want freedom to Free trade and that is not going to happen with Mrs may dithering and giving concessions at every turn.

We should cancel all future negotiations and simply tell them that we are coming out on the agreed date.
Bollocks to them - we've tried, they are arrogant, bullying and very dismissive of us.

If they want trade agreements etc they'll come back to us....if not then fair enough.

We need to ditch the party political model that dominates our politics and start working together for the common good of the British people.
If people deem that should include Farage then so be it.

edit on 21/8/18 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

This vote for GB to leave the EU is a politically motivated campaign....

Of course it is.

.... but the price that has to be paid will be an economic one of hard currency.

I think most of us are aware of that and are quite prepared for it.

It's slowly sinking in and consequences are becoming apparent.

Err, I think you do us an injustice....most of us were and still are well aware that there may be short term economic hardship.
But its worth it for the long term gain and to reclaim our sovereignty from a foreign body.

It's in my opinion very unfortunate, especially given the fact that the EU is most of all an economic union, the vote came out the way it did.

But it DID come out the way it did, despite Project Fear and everything other tactic The Remainers used.
The EU was sold to the British people as a Free Trade Association - and most of us can see the benefits of such - but it has become more about political union.
The EU is bullying, anti-democratic, exceptionally corrupt and wishes to eradicate its constituent nation states.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
Farage back in the Brexit games]

Nigel Farage has never been away from the 'Brexit games'. He is still leading the party in the European Parliament but he hasn't been given much publicity by the MSM recently, mainly because he hasn't done or said anything controversial or anything the media can spin and twist.

He is also on the increasingly popular LBC radio on Monday to Thursday 7pm-8pm, and on Sundays at 10am-12am which he discusses Brexit frequently.

He is now joining 'Leave means Leave' who are a cross party group with the aims of "ensuring the UK makes a swift, clean exit from the EU, as the country voted for on 23rd June". He will be going around the country making speeches and will be getting another battle bus

And at the end of it all, if we don't get the Brexit that the British people voted for then he will be coming back into party politics, either as the leader of UKIP or the leader of a new party.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yh that's probably true. People seem to forget or just completely bypass the fact that Junker has mentioned many times and spoken openly about his hopes for an EU army or at the least all country armies that are under EU control (very scary to me by the way and that was before we left) and yes we all know they will fight tooth and nail (or should that be hoof and horn) to stop us getting our share of what we invested into.

And thanks for your imaginary vote lol at least we'd have a PM who believes in Brexit and our future instead of constantly putting us down and pretending that we are going to fall off a cliff without the EU.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join