It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farage back in the Brexit games.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Whoo In my humble. Nigel is back and speaking up, will there be time to change things I sure hope so ? With all our politicians on a six week summer holiday in their Euro villas or similar ? He is the person I think should be running our Country and telling the unelected Rulers of the European Union Kingdom where to get off. We want freedom to Free trade and that is not going to happen with Mrs may dithering and giving concessions at every turn.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Great interview. Makes things clearer. Go, Nigel! Stiff upper lip and all that.

edit on 20-8-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

I am of the opinion that this parliamentary summer recess should have been cancelled because of the unique nature of the
situation the uk is in.

I am also of the opinion that if the remainers get their way on a second referendum and it backs up the original, all members who pushed and forced democracy to one side should resign forthwith from all parliamentary connections.

I will be interested in nigels forthcoming statements lol after witnessing him in the eu parliament on many occasions.
f.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I voted for Brexit and still want it and if required I will vote again in the same way, but to want this guy running anything other than his own household is IMO foolish, he is no better than any other politician, he certainly is no shining beacon of truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
I voted for Brexit and still want it and if required I will vote again in the same way, but to want this guy running anything other than his own household is IMO foolish, he is no better than any other politician, he certainly is no shining beacon of truth.

Can we give him most entertaining politician award though?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
He is one of a tiny minority of British, political figures who really does want us out of the EU.

I'd certainly trust what he says far more readily than May or most of the sleazy labour lot.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
I voted for Brexit and still want it and if required I will vote again in the same way,

But to want this guy running anything other than his own household is IMO foolish, he is no better than any other politician, he certainly is no shining beacon of truth.

Oh I dont know....He's the only one who has ever got anywhere with the

EU bureaucracy.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

I agree sir

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I look forward to his input into what has become a very stale process.

Brexit needs Farage.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Nope. The reality is that if they go for a second and lose that as well they will demand a third. They (remainers) will not accept the results until it goes their way. This is the reality of Brexit (Of which I voted for). I've said it before, this whole messing up stuff with the trade deals etc. is all for show. It will continue until last minute and they will then say that it was so bad that a second vote will be needed and sadly I honestly think people will just not bother to vote.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Nope. The reality is that if they go for a second and lose that as well they will demand a third. They (remainers) will not accept the results until it goes their way. This is the reality of Brexit (Of which I voted for). I've said it before, this whole messing up stuff with the trade deals etc. is all for show. It will continue until last minute and they will then say that it was so bad that a second vote will be needed and sadly I honestly think people will just not bother to vote.

Just like with Ireland and the Libson treaty.

The globalists believe in democracy as long as that means they get what they want. If not, tehy send their media propganda machines on full tilt, and then demand another vote, and repeat this process until they get the result they want.

DO you think that had the EU voted to remain they would even remotely be considering another vote this soon, or claiming remainers didnt know what they were voting for?

Of course not.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I hope it works out for the best for my English brothers.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Look how very pleased these two together really are :

Just can't help holding a suspicion that both Brexit and Trump were an American coined idea , because America and especially Trump has interests in snatching away Britain and commonwealth allies away from a Europe which has gone cold on the idea of American hegemony particularly its economic and military/strategic dominance . This has latterly been obviously the case with tariff raising between US/EU and nato policy splits on how to deal with the Eastern bloc . Europe's elite have become somewhat enamoured with the idea peaceful relations with the East , but these two are set on the continuance of the US imperial presence .
All they have to do to keep their public onside is to remain the tub-thumping anti-rival-internationalist patriots they continually present as , and the American Dream will continue to roll a bit longer. Meanwhile the overt and rapidly advancing co-operation of the east and their easy infiltration into european (and American obviously) affairs , plus the building of miltary alliances and roll-out of joint military exercises , means that Brexit Trump and falling out with europe are likely the last ditch attempts wresting continuance out what prbably is doomed for consignment to history .
Its great hearing Farage speak as he does, he hardly ever comes away with his foot in his mouth

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This vote for GB to leave the EU is a politically motivated campaign but the price that has to be paid will be an economic one of hard currency. It draws undeniable parallels with the Trump trarifs, you just can't get political about trade.

It's slowly sinking in and consequences are becoming apparent. It's in my opinion very unfortunate, especially given the fact that the EU is most of all an economic union, the vote came out the way it did.
Take it from a cheap(or frugal if you're being polite) dutchman: money talks, bs walks. And politics being the latter in this case

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Just like with Ireland and the Libson treaty.
The globalists believe in democracy as long as that means they get what they want. If not, tehy send their media propganda machines on full tilt, and then demand another vote, and repeat this process until they get the result they want.

This is the measure of the EU.....

EU begins secret drive to force Ireland to vote again on rejected Lisbon Treaty
By DANIEL MARTIN FOR THE DAILY MAIL

UPDATED: 01:16, 12 September 2008
View comments
A secret European Union plan to force Ireland to vote again on the Lisbon Treaty emerged yesterday.
French officials have penned an explosive document entitled 'Solution to the Irish Problem', in which they say the EU should push Ireland into re-running its referendum next year, opening the way for the treaty to come into force next year.

In return, Europe would offer Dublin a few promises, in a bid to ensure its people vote in favour of the treaty.
Critics say it is almost identical to the EU Constitution, rejected by the French and the Dutch in 2005.

Labour promised British voters a referendum on the constitution - but then reneged on their promise when it was re-fashioned as a treaty.

Ireland's support is vital because the Lisbon Treaty cannot come into force across the EU until all 27 countries have ratified it. Ireland was the only country which gave its voters a referendum.

The leaked document predicts that Ireland will cave in at a meeting of Europe's leaders next month, and agree to hold a second referendum next Autumn.

In return, the EU will guarantee that Ireland will not lose its own EU commissioner, and will make 'declarations' that Ireland's neutrality and stance on abortion will not be affected by the treaty.

The document says there will be 'a political declaration confirming that the Treaty of Lisbon does not jeopardise Irish neutrality, or the rule of unanimity on tax matters and will not oblige Ireland to modify its position on abortion.'

It adds: 'The second Irish referendum could take place, on this basis, during Autumn 2009, pushing back the coming into force of the Treaty of Lisbon until 2010.'

It was written by a senior EU official based in Paris who is a member of a group called Friends of the Lisbon Treaty.

The treaty creates an EU president, a foreign minister and establishes and EU diplomatic service. Britain went ahead with ratification, despite its rejection by Irish voters.

Shadow foreign secretary William Hague said: 'It cannot be right for the Irish to be made to vote twice on the renamed EU constitution before the British people are allowed to vote once.

'Gordon Brown has cheated British voters of their say, By denying people any decision on this treaty he is actually undermining the EU's own democratic legitimacy. The least he can do now is make it absolutely clear that there must be no bullying of Ireland to get them to vote again.

'The right response to the Irish "no" vote is to abandon the Lisbon treaty altogether and call a total halt to the centralisation of power in Brussels.'

Neil O'Brien, of Eurosceptic think-tank Open Europe, said: 'The EU simply won’t take no for answer. They will make Ireland vote again and again until they are bullied into coming up with the so-called "right" answer.

That^^^^^is the bullying undemocratic EU

'The British Government should be ashamed of itself for being part of the attempt to bully and isolate the Irish. The polls show that people in most other countries would say to the EU Treaty too. That’s why Gordon Brown is terrified of allowing us to have the vote on Europe which he promised at the last election.'

The UK would have been out of the EU by now if Gordon Brown had not deceived

the electorate.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Deciding the future of a whole country with a 51.9 Vs 48.1 majority should have never been allowed. That's barely above half and there is too much at stake.

Btw, love that every brexiter is kicking and screaming at the EU. You signed a deal, you broke it, deal with it. Your problem. I do hope the UK leaves and that you pay every cent you should. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

Deciding the future of a whole country with a 51.9 Vs 48.1 majority should have never been allowed. That's barely above half and there is too much at stake.

That's democracy.

Btw, love that every brexiter is kicking and screaming at the EU. You signed a deal, you broke it, deal with it.

We signed a deal to join a Common Market not a European Superstate.

I do hope the UK leaves and that you pay every cent you should. Thanks.

We will pay what we are legally obliged to pay.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JameSimon

lol kicking and screaming at the eu?

unelected officials check

the great olive oil scandal check

siso (sign in sod off) check

corrupt fallow(set aside land) payments to a powerful church whilst utilising said land for wine production check

eurdep radiation monitors conveniently adjusted/turned off/data gapped when dangerous releases of various isotopes are present check

financial haircuts for all across the board (meaning us piss ants and not the banker/financial system. see unelected officials and revolving door manoeuvers) check

the forcing of member states to privatise infrastructure with tragic consequences check

on the contrary it seems the eu unelected could very well be kicking and screaming behind guarded doors quietly resonating with the spoilt entitled numpties this side of the channel.

prior to the referendum I thought long and hard about this tick and came to the conclusion that if the remainers gained the MAJORITY, I would happily accept the outcome and carry on.

WHY CAN'T THEY? I said quietly,,,

f

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

Just can't help holding a suspicion that both Brexit and Trump were an American coined idea , because America and especially Trump has interests in snatching away Britain and commonwealth allies away from a Europe which has gone cold on the idea of American hegemony particularly its economic and military/strategic dominance .

but but barry came over and lectured us to the benefits of remaining in the eu........

do you realise how insulting that was?

f

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, he's not worthy of the title. He's a # stirring #gibbon. Much like his tangerine looking mate.

edit on 20-8-2018 by markojo because: Swearing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join