It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the MSM is a threat to society

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Boadicea

Don't give "the media" all the credit... much less "grassroots" sources. As long as government propaganda is "legal" under color of law, "the media" is not in complete control of what they disseminate or don't disseminate

This is paranoid bull#. The government doesn't control the media.

YET...
But keep supporting the suppression of the media because they say negative (and true) things about you. That is a good start to what you claim.

Yeah I remember when trump wiretapped media members critical of him, and their parents.

Oh wait, that was Obama, trump hasnt done anything of the sort!

But I am sure if I go back I will see you calling out Obama spying on James rosen and his family on here, pulling ouyt John adams quotes about how tyrannical Obama was being.

Hahahhaha!

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Fake news....again. In the fashion used by trump, fake news IS fake news.

Since the dawn of CNN and the following explosion of other crap 24 hour cable news services (Fox News, MSNBC, et al) people have learned that they really, really like to have their news given to them in op/ed format rather than "just the facts, ma'am". People, based on how much they LOVE Fox News and CNN, now demand that their news being way more opinion based than fact based. They love it so much that they've taken to calling anything they don't like "fake news".

The news isn't fake. The news is exactly what you want it to be. Exaggerated and slanted to fit into the myopic, yet perfect square viewers now want it in. The other news programs, newspapers, etc., were forced to join in on this ridiculous, yet beloved new "news reporting" or risk being ignored. Now, here we are. I don't like what this article says, so it must be fake news. No it isn't.

The news isn't fake. It's simply been repackaged to appeal to a core conservative or liberal base who want their news altered to fit views rather than facts. And that's exactly the way the country wants it. None of the asinine programs on Fox News or CNN would exist if people made the rational decision to walk away from cable news networks completely.

You have spoken truth to stupid. Basically, the news outlets have chosen to satisfy their "Jerry Springer" audience. And I guess it works cause they're still in business.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Yep if Trump was not president I would hope he would sue the pants off of CNN and other MSN outlets for proven slander and out right lies. But as president his hands are tied.

There are really some sick puppies that are called news casters and until the midterms are over I doubt it will get any better.. They will just regroup for the 2020 elections.

Actually. if Trump was not president he couldn't. They usually report on his own words and actions and then he cries fake news but never gives examples because the idiot knows he can't prove it.

I am sure you can come up with a few instances of what you consider slander and out right lies but the other side would counter with a barrage of right wing media lies.

I have always wondered how this fool can cry fake news when all they usually do is use his own soundbites, twitter posts and actions.
edit on 20-8-2018 by damonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is paranoid bull#.

No, Silly, it's not paranoia when it's true. Government propaganda is legal. And you know it.

But you have every opportunity to prove me wrong. Go dig up all the current federal statutes that specifically prohibit any and all propaganda from government. I dare ya. I double dog dare ya.

The government doesn't control the media.

There you go again... making crap up. I never said the government controls the media. I said the media is not in complete control of what they do or do not disseminate.

At the very least, court gag orders preclude the media from reporting on whatever the court gagged. Duh.

YET...
But keep supporting the suppression of the media...

I have never ever supported the suppression of the media. I have never ever supported the suppression of the TRUTH either. Nor have I ever supported the suppression of anyone's rights to free speech. Nope. I'm quite happy to let people tell the whole world who they are. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I'm the one demanding the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Oh wait! Silly me!!! I misunderstood that brilliant mind of yours... but I think I get it now. If I'm demanding the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, then I'm SUPPRESSING THE LIES AND FAKE NEWS of the media! Okay. Got it. Whew! I'm a little slow, but I finally figured it out.

Don't demand truth because then I'm stomping on the media's "right" to spread lies and propaganda.

...because they say negative (and true) things about you. That is a good start to what you claim.

LOL!!! Hahaha!!! Teeheehee! Oh, that's just too funny.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh wait.. that was a fairy tale.
Don't compare the two please. One is a decent man the other a piece of crap that needs wiping off the shoe.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Don't compare the two please. One is a decent man the other a piece of crap that needs wiping off the shoe.

Well, Obama actually was harsher on the media.

He went after more journalists with the espionage act than any other admin combined, and multiply the combined number by 3.

His admin also jailed the most.... So sadly, your "decent" guy looks a little worse than Trump on this one.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: roadgravel
They can only be told what they should think.

Or maybe people choose to only listen to what they want to hear.

I bet every single one of us is guilty of that.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh wait.. that was a fairy tale.

Yep it was a fairy tale.

A report in the Washington Post indicates that the Justice Department’s admission that they seized two months of telephone records from the Associated Press was not the first time the DoJ invaded the privacy of reporters in order to further an investigation. In 2009, James Rosen, Fox News’ chief Washington correspondent, was suspected of receiving secret information from government sources on North Korea. As a result, DoJ tracked his movements within the State Department via his access card, they traced the timing of his telephone calls with State Department sources, and obtained a search warrant for his personal emails.

www.mediaite.com...

But it was ok for Obama to spy on these journalists, because he is a good guy.

Trump not, so when he does far less than spying on journalists, and just criticizes them, thats a far bigger deal to you.

How can anyone take you serious when you say things like this?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Hey man, that was mighty nice of you to leave out the fact we were spying on our allies and other world leaders via the NSA just to make the argument fair.

Obama loved him some spying, the Patriot act didn't have enough chutzpah so he beefed it up.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Hey man, that was mighty nice of you to leave out the fact we were spying on our allies and other world leaders via the NSA just to make the argument fair.

Obama loved him some spying, the Patriot act didn't have enough chutzpah so he beefed it up.

Oh I know.

Now keep in mind, the bulk of the main stream media was very favorable to Obama.

Yet he still spied on them and prosecuted more whistle blowers than all Presidents combined, and yet trump merely criticizing a media that gives him 90% negative coverage is considered serious when Obamas attacks on the media were merely brushed off.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Now keep in mind, the bulk of the main stream media was very favorable to Obama.

Yet he still spied on them and prosecuted more whistle blowers than all Presidents combined

Wonder why people who were subject to prosecution would just be nice about you all the time hahahha.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If Trump wasn't president he wouldn't be in the news.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The propaganda model is pertinent.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Oh, its even better than that ChaoticOrder.

Not only IS the left full of intellectually advanced people compared with their opposite numbers on the right, but they are the good kind of intellectuals, those who do not use their knowledge for greed and gain, but only for the good of the many, have not invalidated their beliefs by permitting themselves to benefit over much from a system based on exploitation.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

ZOMG!!!

Nice job outing yourself 🤗

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Unfortunately we have the dumbest people in the world

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The core point I'm making here is that just like any other corporation with a great deal of power over society, they should not be immune to criticism

Ironically this whole "war against media" arose because Trump felt HE should be immune to criticism. The media hasn't changed much over the years, they all have their agenda, left and right biased, and typically none of them outright lie on a consistent basis. There are exaggerations, truth-twisting, some poor journalism and fact-checking at times, but that has been the case for a long time.

But Trump likes challenging and attack those who disagree with him. He is finding it is different than working in a corporate office, where he perceived he was the golden child, perfect in every way, because of the way his entire staff kissed his butt. Not so now - he isn't actually a perfect politician (and far from perfect human), and he will be called out on it. So he is firing back, making threats, and that is why MSM (and politicians and foreign leaders) are reacting to him like they are.

Everyone isn't secretly out to "get" Trump. Trump feels he is literally right about everything. Combine that with nano-thin skin AND a huge ego, and this is the result.

It's funny how no one called out the MSM against most recently, Obama, or even Presidents before him. Not like this. Trump is the one stirring the pot, and his followers are taking up his banner, buying his tripe about the MSM being traitors. What a laughable load of rubbish.

Oh.. I DO agree MSM should have measures in place for just flat out crap journalism, INTERNALLY. Not controlled by the government. But free press isn't a free press if you can shut down the ones you don't like to hear.
edit on 21-8-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
So he is firing back, making threats, and that is why MSM (and politicians and foreign leaders) are reacting to him like they are.

Trump has never ever claimed he should be immune to criticism, and I'd certainly fire back as President if more than 90% of the MSM coverage around me was negative and astonishingly misleading, yet they purported to be a beacon of intellectual enlightenment. Once again show me where he has made any serious threat to prevent them from reporting the news or criticizing the government.

Everyone isn't secretly out to "get" Trump. Trump feels he is literally right about everything. Combine that with nano-thin skin AND a huge ego, and this is the result.

Indeed there is no secret, the bias is rather overt. And if Trump really had such thin skin do you think he'd survive so long and manage to achieve such a considerable degree of success despite constant criticism, mockery, attempts to remove him from power, and many people working to undermine his agenda... yet he sticks to his principles and gets stuff done, so it seems to me he has a lot more back bone than most leaders throughout history.

It's funny how no one called out the MSM against most recently, Obama, or even Presidents before him. Not like this. Trump is the one stirring the pot, and his followers are taking up his banner, buying his tripe about the MSM being traitors. What a laughable load of rubbish.

Here's something I posted back during the 2012 elections with respect to the MSM mocking and ignoring Ron Paul:

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
In fact most westernized nations have completely corporate controlled news, all they do is spew out carefully manufactured propaganda... it's like one huge god damn mind game. There is very little difference between the American MSM news and the Australian MSM news, except for the accents.

These days it truly feels like I get more truth and unbiased news from Russian or Asian sources. I can honestly trust those sources more than I can trust the filtered slanted western sources. And this is why the masses are so freaking oblivious to reality. They never check alternative sources.

They just eat up the mainstream garbage as if it were spoken directly from the mouth of God.

Oh.. I DO agree MSM should have measures in place for just flat out crap journalism, INTERNALLY. Not controlled by the government. But free press isn't a free press if you can shut down the ones you don't like to hear.

No one is asking for them to be censored, unlike the left we on the right respect free speech. Here is something Trump posted to Twitter a few days ago:

Social Media is totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices. Speaking loudly and clearly for the Trump Administration, we won’t let that happen. They are closing down the opinions of many people on the RIGHT, while at the same time doing nothing to others.......

.....Censorship is a very dangerous thing & absolutely impossible to police. If you are weeding out Fake News, there is nothing so Fake as CNN & MSNBC, & yet I do not ask that their sick behavior be removed. I get used to it and watch with a grain of salt, or don’t watch at all..

....Too many voices are being destroyed, some good & some bad, and that cannot be allowed to happen. Who is making the choices, because I can already tell you that too many mistakes are being made. Let everybody participate, good & bad, and we will all just have to figure it out!

twitter.com...

edit on 21/8/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Keep saying MSM and propaganda to brainwash you to vote for who they want is the greatest threat to society.....Stop voting for anyone at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join