It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new Kingdom has been created and it is out there

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I would lighten up, but unfortunately I keep being shown reasons to be EXTREMELY concerned and frustrated by my peers. Whether its an inability to see the wood for the trees, where the toxicity of growth driven economic models are concerned, a refusal to accept that a morally degenerate half life like Trump does not belong in politics, or a refusal of people to up their game and learn to read large quantities of data in the time it takes to read a tweet, there are countless reasons not to "lighten up".

Even in jest, there is no reason that anyone on this website should EVER refuse to read something because it was too long, leave alone compound their utter failure by being lazy enough to then use the "TLDR" tag.

There can be no useful discussion, without accepting that certain matters need to be properly explored, and at some length. That is what this site is FOR, not for tweet length, shallow discourse!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I like the idea very much. i am thinking of setting diplomatic relations.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
me too

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are right, mostly. The trouble is, Films and pulp fiction are, these days how a huge proportion of people get their education.
People getting into the whole Thor thing, bar those that develop enough of an interest to read the Norse originals and put some work in, will go away with a wholly fake idea of that entire religious practice.

Yes, it's up to each of us to care for our own knowledge, i just find it a bit...well, a lot disresepctful of our origins to treat it in this way.

Hell, can you imagine the uproar if there was a marvel version of, say, Mohammed, running round?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying ban it, just pointing out how I really don't like taking such things and giving a simplified, erroneous version of them.
(Life of Brian gets a pass because it was a parody of religious doctrine and those who get swept up in the whole messiah thing).

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

The thing is, the art must be made regardless. Its up to the people watching it to educate themselves, and if they refuse to do so, that is nothing to do with the film makers. It is not their job to be careful of how their works effect audiences, it is the audiences job to be strong of mind, or wither and rot from ignorance, and to take responsibility for either thing, whichever it is they do.

For example, those who saw The Matrix can be forgiven for realising that long coats look great, but not for scissor kicking three police officers, then attempting to leap from one tall building to another, across a one hundred and fifty foot gap. Those who fail to understand the dividing line between these two, MUST, for the good of everyone else, be permitted to suffer for their stupidity, because otherwise you would end up having to censor EVERYTHING down to a grey, lifeless standard, where nothing unusual, impossible, or remotely interesting is depicted, lest someone get the notion to do something dangerous, based on media which is by its very nature meant to be fantasy, not fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join