It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon says GOP must rally behind Trump to survive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Steve Bannon is back in the spotlight, with a new movie coming out, backed by unnamed money and strongly supporting DJT. In an interview he did with Associated Press today, he says that the GOP is in danger and must rally behind Trump.

Two minute video is in the link.

During a Sunday interview with The Associated Press, the former chief strategist to President Donald Trump said he believes the GOP would lose 35 to 40 seats in the House if the election were held today, thereby ceding their majority to Democrats he’s convinced will pursue impeachment. He argued there’s still time to turn that around and is launching a group, Citizens of the American Republic, to pitch the election as a vote to protect Trump from that outcome.

“You can’t look at this as a midterm and you can’t run it out of the traditional Republican playbook. If you do that, you’re going to get smoked,” said Bannon, arguing that Republicans must redouble efforts against motivated Democrats.

Associated Press

This is dangerous for the GOP, however... it's an 'all in' strategy and can cause the collapse of the whole party if things should go sour. An unwanted outcome of the Special Counsel investigation could bring down the entire party, should the whole party offer unanimous support.

It seems that it may be the only way not to lose majority in November, however; at least in the House. 35 to 40 seats lost would make for very difficult next 2 years for the White House and the unfinished agendas.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If thats the case then they should NOT at once.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Like I've said here before. Bannon loves Trump and believes in his cause despite being sacked.

Personally, I think that says a lot.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This is dangerous for the GOP, however... it's an 'all in' strategy and can cause the collapse of the whole party if things should go sour. An unwanted outcome of the Special Counsel investigation could bring down the entire party, should the whole party offer unanimous support.

So you believe that if Republicans stand in solidarity with the President of the United States that it will bring down the party? He has a very high favorability among the Republicans. I don't think it would go sour. I think it would be the end of the democratic party, and that does concern me.

It seems that it may be the only way not to lose majority in November, however; at least in the House. 35 to 40 seats lost would make for very difficult next 2 years for the White House and the unfinished agendas.

The only way? lol. No, not the only way. It would ensure their victory if they did it, but it isn't the only path to victory for the Republicans.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
The only way? lol. No, not the only way. It would ensure their victory if they did it, but it isn't the only path to victory for the Republicans.

As long as the DNC+MSM+GOP are in total absolute collusion regarding elections, like they have been for decades, and they continue to succeed in keeping "third" party's out of the public equation, then DNC/GOP never truly loses. And therefore that's about all anybody should ever be talking about regarding them "two".
[/deadserious]

edit on 19-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Like I've said here before. Bannon loves Trump and believes in his cause despite being sacked.

Personally, I think that says a lot.

Lol. It sure does.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
welp, if you go to a trump rally you will know Bannon is probably right

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

As long as the DNC+MSM+GOP are in total absolute collusion regarding elections, like they have been for decades, and they continue to succeed in keeping "third" party's out of the public equation, then DNC/GOP never truly loses. And therefore that's about all anybody should ever be talking about regarding them "two".
[/deadserious]

Some would say it is too late for a third party. I think it was always meant to be one party. After all a house divided cannot stand.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What? we need that SPACE FORCE!! The future of the entire planet depends on it!!

edit on 19-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

After all a house divided cannot stand.

So would have said Joseph Stalin.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

But it was Jesus that said it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He makes a valid point, as all others who have said it, we musn't rest on our gains. To do so would erase all the hard work we have achieved.

There are dims and leftist pushing hard for midterms and even during initial polling, show that dims lead in that front, however, as with all polls, subject to grains of salts and thus not a valid metric as of POTUS campaign of 2016.

Furthermore, this has historically been the case, so whateve 😌

To summarize, keep running and pushing for that goal.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Is that what They told you? Those are the Roman Emperors words.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Is that what They told you? Those are the Roman Emperors words.

No one told me. I read it, but as you were someone else could have said it too.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I thought we are all voting for Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez-o

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Stalin and Lincoln had the same beliefs ?
Wow
Just dang ...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

#$%& Bannon, like I need his arse to tell me what to believe in. That ass played a losing hand, and now he thinks any of us give a @#÷= what he says?

delusional
edit on 19-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The Republican party has given refuge over the years to many radically conservative individuals and groups. For the most part, they have been held in check. now however Trump has come to town and those radically inclined have found not only a spokesman for their causes and beliefs but a champion to put them in to effect.

Should the Republican Party not support Trump fully, I agree, the party will be toast. If he cannot rally the entire party to at least give him the nomination in 2020 he might run on his own ticket. And then where will the party be.

Should they think about turning on him, they should do it now and begin a back pedal away from him before his whole brand explodes.

We cannot forget the things so many other Republicans said about him during the debates. it is hard to imagine that those opinions have all changed, more it is they do not want to break phalanx as the only alternative to party ruin.

if something comes to light about TRump that cannot be pushed offf as ''truth is not truth'' they should have a number of candidates ready for 2020
That is the only way the party can at least save some portion of their power structure intact.

Dump him now and begin a cleansing now before it is too late. it is not uncommon to have at least ''pretend'' candidates from a potus's own part run against him in the early goings and debates.

The party needs to start finding this ''pretend'' candidate now.

All of this of course unless they decide to go all in with him as you suggest. All or nothing.
If they ride with him to the end, it could likely be their end. What will they do, what will they do?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Should the Republican Party not support Trump fully, I agree, the party will be toast.

Or else the Party dies now?

I don't think so. However, when Trump was nominated I thought it would shake some sense into the party. That didn't work, sycophancy took over. But if Democrats can take control of the House (and or Senate)...that's the ticket. That will wake 'em up to what they should be. Which is not a protectionist, deficit increasing, religious based cabal. The party that turned me into a "Libertarian" a couple of decades ago.

edit on 8/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
That will wake 'em up to what they should be. Which is not a protectionist, deficit increasing, religious based cabal. The party that turned me into a "Libertarian" a couple of decades ago.

Because the "Two" Party's just constantly learn from one another of how NOT to be.

Please do tell us all about how to be LIBERALtarian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join