It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Astronaut Says Humans Are Descendants Of Ancient Aliens

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut
I want to know who first came up with that.

Tertullian said: "Woman is a temple built over a sewer." But it's kind of not the same thing. He said that in AD 22. Probably not a Jim Beam drinker.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 8/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

well this is an uncomfortable silence Phage, the longer it last the more awkward it becomes

just kidding lmao but it's funny when someone edits and leaves the post emtpy and never comes back to add anything

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Wait - did the Second World War actually even happen?

I mean, the last - alleged - 'survivors' must be around 100 years old by now, so, y'know, maybe they made it all up just to get us young'uns to cart them around in a barrel of prestige? Just sayin'. They might all be senile. Probably didn't happen. What're the metrics saying Randy? Is it all just opinion & conjecture? Did those buildings in Cologne really fall under the might of the Allied bombardment? Did they ... wait.... LIE TO US?

Un. Believe. Able.

PS - It is my opinion that the Empire State Building exists. But y'know, it's just an opinion. Nothing to back it up except the opinion of people with eyes & ears. Reality is a matrix constructed within the brain, so anything goes, apparently.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

a reply to: WarriorMH

Always wanted to learn sign language, didn't think it would be so hard over the internet

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Maybe at some point in the not too distant future, we will learn our true history.

Nice find Op

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The swastika? Really?

yeah that stood out for me too

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
It’s curious that’s the case given the evolution theory means each generation learned a little more, passed that on and built on that.

...that's not what that means at all

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Never saw that interview.
Liked it a lot. He has the persona of a no BS straight shooter. I believe he is most likely correct, however I would really like to know what his sources are.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Liked it a lot. He has the persona of a no BS straight shooter. I believe he is most likely correct, however I would really like to know what his sources are.

I believe he is a no BS straight shooter as well. I also think he whole-heartedly believes what he is saying. However, just because he may personally believe it, that still doesn't make what he is saying necessarily true.

He also may be listening to the same sources that we (the public) all have access to, but he just happens to interpret those sources the way that he did, just like many people do -- and many others don't.

edit on 25/8/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Having heard him speak in person he is famously no-nonsense, says what he thinks with great authority whether or not he is correct. Partly this is what makes him a successful public speaker who makes a good living on the celebrity astronaut circuit. His audience, by and large, have come to listen to him speak and not to contradict the man with the microphone. When no-one contradicts you, you can come away with the idea that you are correct even if you aren't.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I believe he is a no BS straight shooter as well. I also think he whole-heartedly believes what he is saying. However, just because he may personally believe it, that still doesn't make what he is saying necessarily true.

He also may be listening to the same sources that we (the public) all have access to, but he just happens to interpret those sources the way that he did, just like many people do -- and many others don't.

He cites Sumerian sources that don't exist, so I'd say it's perfectly legitimate to utterly dismiss what he claims.

Harte

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

He cites Sumerian sources that don't exist, so I'd say it's perfectly legitimate to utterly dismiss what he claims.

Harte

The Sumerian creation myth is found on a tablet in Nippur, an ancient Mesopotamian city founded in approximately 5000 BC. The Origins of Human Beings according to ancient Sumerian texts. This does not make it true, but the sources do exist.

edit on 25-8-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

When they came to the Earth, there was much work to be done and these gods toiled the soil, digging to make it habitable and mining its minerals.
The Enuma Elis, I believe, is not Sumerian. But where's the part about them "coming to Earth?"

Note: Ancient Sumerian translations were taken from William Bramley’s book, The Gods of Eden .

This book?

As a result of seven years of intense research, William Bramley has unconvered the sinister thread that links humanity's darkest events -- from the wars of the ancient pharaohs to the assissination of JFK. In this remarkable, shocking and absolutely compelling work, Bramley presents disturbing evidence of an alien presence on Earth -- extraterrestrial visitors who have conspired to dominate Humankind through violence and chaos since the beginning of time...a conspiracy which continues to this very day.

www.amazon.com...
edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Agree that this could be the source, as it is a respected work. It is all about the translations, right?
Translations of Sumerian text.

The coming to Earth part is part of the story of Enke, in reference to the god ANU, who was not 'considered' to be terrestrial... I suppose there are so many ways to translate such ancient stuff, that there is room for massive controversy.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah. And some people allow their preconceptions to fill in the blanks when translating, while avoiding other aspects of other texts. Those people are not scholars, they are authors of popular books (which is not the same thing as a respected work).

They Came To Earth Millions Of Years
Ago To Spread The Poison Of Hatred,
War And Catastrophe...

They Are With Us Still...

I wonder if Bramley may be involved with Scientology. That blurb sure sounds like it. "Millions of years ago" sure doesn't sound like something a real scholar would write about with anything having to do with human history.

edit on 8/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You may be right about the Scientology push. A book reviewer (Jim Keith) said this:

snip...hidden purpose to the book, and that is to disseminate Church of Scientology concepts to the UFO field. link

Certainly brings in to question the reliability of the information.
edit on 25-8-2018 by charlyv because: content

And the other side of it could be that he shares "some" of the attributes of scientology, but not enough to make it scientology, if that makes any sense.

edit on 25-8-2018 by charlyv because: content

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Or he looked at his translations of Sumerian myth (which I'm not sure the Elis is) with the eyes of a Scientologist.

(see previous post)

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

The Sumerian creation myth is found on a tablet in Nippur, an ancient Mesopotamian city founded in approximately 5000 BC. The Origins of Human Beings according to ancient Sumerian texts. This does not make it true, but the sources do exist.

The quotes in your link are legitimate, but they don't come from that tablet from Nippur.
The quotes come from the Enuma Elish, a Babylonian myth glorifying Marduk, who was not a major god in Sumer.

Pretty old though, and similar to other Sumerian myths regarding man's creation in that the lesser gods complained about the work (of digging out rivers and building mountains - not mining gold) so humans were created to do it for them.

Many people aren't aware that heaven in Sumer, being where the gods lived, was considered to be on a mountaintop, not a planet on an eccentric orbit through our solar system.

Harte

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join