It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sins of The Pharaohs TCD 2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Once I was called ‘The Magnificent’ – now I’m old and sick. It’s the quality and quantity of the coc aine, tobaccos and other drugs killing me, administered to me by the priests. They want me dead.

It has been a long family venture among us pharaohs, our most secret and hidden discussions in our private chambers, to find a way to disempower the priests, their abuse of religion and people, workers and nobles alike, their greedy fear mongering, their betrayals and lies, their deceits and frauds.

I honour my great grandfather, his mother and his ancestors. Their manoeuvres brought the wealth, prosperity, the political position we enjoy in our known world and the peace that settled over Egypt.

I honour my son who sees the pharaohs’ vision and who works endlessly on how to bring an end to the priesthood and to reform the belief system of our people. It is in their interest that I support my son, my second son, in his endeavours and helped to finance the building of a new city, a new capital for a new beginning, for the reign of a single god which my son will initiate right after my death. My immediate death will be the rise of Aten.

I honour the Aten, the life giving and supporting force, and every aspect of it teaching us truth and love. And that’s where my worries start. My second son and successor won’t be open about his love and adoration for his young brother. Or is it his young uncle? Our family ties are that closely knit, it is hard to keep records. Newborns are presented as mine to grant them power. To many of them. Unlike my second son I do love the young foreign ladies and often calm them, their families and their countries of origin.

He has a heart of the lion, my son, but he won’t listen to my words of advice to be honest. For now they unknowingly love the man he presents as his wife and queen. His beautiful wife. His wife with a beauty balanced by male and female aspects, a beauty every sculptor uses as a prototype. He won’t listen to arguments and warnings. What could happen if he should fail, if he should be murdered? His wife won’t be accepted as a female pharaoh, my father’s notorious actions still overshadow the temples today. And what if the queen would stand up and claim his rights as the next prince in line? The priests are strong and powerful. They too are preparing. Preparing to destabilise reforms.

But he won’t listen to me. It is not my life, not my reign and I truly love him and wish him success.

I did what I could to help him get ready for succession to the throne. To keep this glorious lands along the Nile forever prosperous. To guide the people to independence and knowledge. To free them from mean oppression.

Now I’m dying and I’m no longer a servant to the priests. It is not they who grant the pharaoh true power. Their clever rituals and calculated stories of the afterlife do not affect me.

I don’t care if they sabotage my funeral, my journey into the afterlife, plant my heart scarab with words of condemnation. I don’t fear their beast called Ammut, I’m not scared of being devoured, having my spirits swallowed nor my bones broken. Tomb robbers have taken me down into graves and have shown me what really takes place down there. They have helped me to open my eyes as to who are the most paying customers of the stolen, golden amulets that are supposed to protect the deceased.

My heart will weigh exactly as much as Maat’s white feather, Osiris will thank me for my deeds and Anubis will shake my hand. I have suffered my due share for having been tested by the gods. Tested in the most brutal form a father can be tested and yet I have found peace. I am at peace despite the fact that I have killed my first borne son.

Youth never seems to listen. It was our family council’s decision to send him to be high priest of Ptah before his succession to the throne. We all, including himself, hoped he would be strong living Ptah as his creator, as his sole god, with the aim to establish monotheism. But it was not too long after that he betrayed us. Us and the liberation of Egypt’s people from the corruption of the priests and temples who allured him with their evil ways. And it is not too long ago that I had him killed for the sake of truth, for the sake of the pharaoh, just ruler of the two lands of Egypt. Now they want me dead.

Strange are the elements of this world. Strange the energies. Strange is God’s will and I have no regrets.

********************************The End****************************************************

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

A most thought provoking story. My idea was that the narrative could be translated amongst modern leaders.

Enjoyed your tale.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

thanks for reading, bally. and for commenting.

interesting that you pick up the thought to modern leaders. power criminals vary only in nuances, you mean?

eta: funny, i became so involved with this particular pharaoh, i'm such a fan of his, i must have started to truly believe in his innocence. above mentioned notion nearly offended my feelings. ha!
edit on 19-8-2018 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

No offence intended. I look back at leaders. This story touched those thoughts.

Keep writing. Great topic.

bally

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

thank you, bally, i shall listen to your words.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

That was great. I would love to read more. Honestly.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Loved the story, and particularly the feel to it... lucia you really captured the authentic feel of ancient times. I love the title also.

Please don't forget to link this to the contest thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

thanks, zosimov, for pointing that out. omission added.

i'm glad you liked the story.

is there anything i could have done better? some typical mistakes foreigners tend to do i could be aware of?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

those egyptians are so inspiring to me. i have only just started to read myself into their life. so more stories might be possible.

i know i indulged myself in some crazy ideas

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I'm usually not the biggest fan of these short stories or maybe I should read them more often...

For reasons I took the time to read this one and you really took me to that particular time and place.

I loved reading it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

thank you so much for reading and commenting.

you are good writer, like so many here, and i think you not only could read here more often, but you also could contribute with stories you write. you have the talent.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Interesting angle on the line of succession. Nicely done.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

thanks Vroomy

it's an interesting take on the question of that certain succession, i just can't prove it. but maybe one day it will come out to the light, how all those mysteries actually happened. speculation though keeps us spellbound.

top topics

join