It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brennen says: “I didn’t mean he committed treason...”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
MSNBCposted this video (edit: on Friday)...

My headline is just a quote from 11:47

I also gotta watch the whole video still, because there’s some interesting stuff, such as Brennen “knows what the Russians did,” with 100% certainty, or something like that... which seems to me to be a pretty big claim, and would make an ongoing investigation seem somewhat redundant, but I don’t know...

Anyways, Rachel tried to address “nothing short of treasonous” literally meaning at least treason, so Brennen, IMO, passive-aggressively said that’s what he meant, but never technically said Trump committed treason... or something, because... that’s better(?)
Lots of media and people took his comments to mean that Trump committed treason, I believe. With his previous position and security clearances, he probably influences less-informed people, so if not totally accurate, this could be harmful.

I’m just curious of what Brennen defender/supporters think about this specific part, and I wonder if you think he’s staying strong, backing down, playing a strategy, being political/non-political, etc...

Also, is there a difference between “nothing short of treasonous” and “treasonous?”
edit on 8/19/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

So if all of Obama's Intel agencies and Justice Department "KNEW" Trump was colluding with Russia why did they do nothing to stop it when they were still in power? I will answer that,, because they all know there was/is nothing of the sort happening and are lying through their teeth and are committing treason by going for a coup of an elected POTUS.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

AND this is all coming from a literal card carrying communist.

John Brennan voted for a communist party candidate ,Gus Hall, for President
edit on 19-8-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yet the Obama Administration did zero to stop "The Russians" !!!

(in fact they may have Helped "The Russians" !!!) 💥❌💥

The real story is coming. Wait for it.

WoWsie

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Treasonous is an adjective, not a verb.

Adjective: a word belonging to one of the major form classes in any of numerous languages and typically serving as a modifier of a noun to denote a quality of the thing named, to indicate its quantity or extent, or to specify a thing as distinct from something else The word red in "the red car" is an adjective.

A murderous glance, for example, doesn't indict the glancer of murder...but, if looks could kill!

edit on 19-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

12:50, I don't know, and I'm not going to pretend I know.

Bwahahahahahahahaa

Dude has lost all credibility. He's playing the pathetic, Poor Me card, while backtracking on his previous words.

Nothing short of Treasonous, doesn't mean Treason........what?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Like CNN and MSNBC, John Brennan hurts our country with what he says about the President of the United States.

"I think John's an extraordinary servant of the country, but I think he has been incredibly critical of the president, and I think that has put him in a political place which actually does more damage for the intelligence community -- which is apolitical," Mullen said.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Treasonous is an adjective, not a verb.

Adjective: a word belonging to one of the major form classes in any of numerous languages and typically serving as a modifier of a noun to denote a quality of the thing named, to indicate its quantity or extent, or to specify a thing as distinct from something else The word red in "the red car" is an adjective.

A murderous glance, for example, doesn't accuse the glancer of murder...but, if looks could kill!

let it go John. Everyone knows.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Contrary to what the whining MSM and pro-Brennan intel people said, it doesn't look like having his Security Clearance revoked, silenced Brennan one bit.

They now look like even bigger fools.

edit on 8/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Tell it to "the truth isn't the truth" Rudy Giuliani!

LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You know you stepped over the line when even James Clapper is calling you out.

Clapper on CNN

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Also, is there a difference between “nothing short of treasonous” and “treasonous?”

No, but if he had said "little short of..." there would have been a difference.
Perhaps he is confused in his mind between the two expressions.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Meh, this Trump Russian crap is Obamas Birthergate. A big nothing burger designed to get nothing done, until the election, where it will be wash, rinse and repeat until the next election.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

“knows what the Russians did,” with 100% certainty, or something like that..

Real intelligence analysts will tell you there is NOTHING with 100% certainty.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

The same James Clapper that, along with 60 high level INTEL professionals, signed a letter denouncing Trump's actions to revoke Brenan's security clearance, and that roughly says "I may not always agree with everything Brenan says, but I support his right to say it"?

"We feel compelled to respond in the wake of the ill-considered and unprecedented remarks and actions by the White House," the senior officials wrote. "We know John to be an enormously talented, capable and patriotic individual who devoted his entire adult life to the service of this nation."

The letter's signees include former Directors of Central Intelligence Robert Gates, William Webster, George Tenet and Porter Goss; former CIA directors Gen. Michael Hayden, Leon Panetta and Gen. David Petraeus; former director of national intelligence James Clapper; and former deputy CIA directors John McLaughlin, Stephen Kappes, Avril Haines, David Cohen and Michael Morell, who is also a CBS News senior national security contributor.

"[W]e all agree that the president's action," they wrote, "has nothing to do with who should and should not hold security clearances – and everything to do with an attempt to stifle free speech."
"You don't have to agree with what John Brennan says (and … not all of us do) to agree with his right to say it, subject to his obligation to protect classified information," the letter said.
www.cbsnews.com...

That James Clapper?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That was then.

This is now.

Wake up political zombies.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Neo, it wasn't the INTEL community that lied to the American people, or to the Bush Adminstration It was the Bush Administration that leid to the American People.

The INTEL community tried to speak out. Remember Valerie Plame?

edit on 19-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What about the “nothing short of” part that goes with this adjective? What is that?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

Tell it to "the truth isn't the truth" Rudy Giuliani!

LOL

Welcome to ATS! since you are new here, I'll help you out. If you want to talk about that,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
this is where you go. If you try to talk about that here, you are what we call "off topic". It's frowned upon.
Please remember to ask if you aren't sure what to do. Lots of us are here to help.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Neo, it wasn't the INTEL community that lied to the American people, or to the Bush Adminstration It was the Bush Administration that leid to the American People.

In reality, it was a lie that was told by an Iraqi politician (Ahmed Chalabi) to our INTEL who never fully investigated it before passing it on to Bush.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join