It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JJ Redick may have witnessed child abduction on a car ride from Brooklyn photo shoot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

"This is nonfiction," he says before beginning. "I did not make this up."

As Redick tells it, the story begins with the clothing company providing Redick, his wife, Chelsea, and her twin sister, Kylee, a ride back from an apartment where the photo shoot took place. All three put their bags into a "bucket-seat Escalade" despite the car smelling "kind of weird." And before long, Chelsea -- "pale as a ghost" -- whispers to Redick that "there's a person in the back."

JJ Redick may have witnessed child abduction on a car ride from Brooklyn photo shoot

Did a search and poked around a bit.
I was really surprised I did not see this posted anywhere on ATS.

NBA basketball player JJ Redick on his podcast recounted a story with sinister undertones in which he, his wife, and his sister in law seemingly witnessed the perpetration of an unspeakable act.

While using a car service in New York to leave a photo shoot for a "men's lifestyle"-type magazine or online outfit, the three saw what looked to be a child or small woman in a box or cage with a blanket over it in the very back of their Escalade.

Redick and his wife called the car service company and explicitly reported what they had seen.

The car service company suspended the driver for "having someone in the front seat of the vehicle with him." (Paraphrasing Redick)

So.. not at all what was reported to them.

They reported to the police and I believe hadn't heard anything back.

Redick's wife says she is following up with the FBI.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames2
I would have called the cops first if I thought someone was trapped in a cage.
What a prick, somebody's life could be at risk and he phones the company like he was reporting a lost bag or something.
SMH.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

whispers to Redick that "there's a person in the back."

The car service company suspended the driver for "having someone in the front seat of the vehicle with him." (Paraphrasing Redick)

Guess it is to be expected.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If there's a person in a box, in the back seat of the car I am riding in...and I'm an empathetic human being: I am not getting out of the car until the police arrive. Pure and simple.

On the other hand, if I'm a total jackass with crap priorities and no empathy at all, I'll write about it later and go about my day.
edit on 19-8-2018 by kelbtalfenek because: remove censored word

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Could it have been a dog maybe?

Weird smell, cage?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i think he was worried for his life, or his girl's life.
he asked the car to pull over, then once he was outside the car, he asked what was in the box.

damn, these guys hunting adren0chrome might be real.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Could it have been a dog maybe?

Weird smell, cage?

There was this

even though front instead of back. Could nothing was done except make up a cover story.
edit on 8/19/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Predictably everyone wants to comment on Redick's character and describe what they would have done differently in this situation.

Personally, I'm more interested in discussing what the * someone was doing in a cage in the backseat of a car being used by a car service.

A car service in New York, I imagine, is most likely used frequently as a sort of more discreet delivery service.

High-end clients. The rich and the powerful. There may be companies catering to their appetites. We know they have those who procure.

The person in the back made no noise. Most likely drugged. GHB.

Or, maybe this is a stand alone. A lone serial killer, who happens to drive for a top of the line car service.

BTW - internet sleuths, can we find the name of that company? Don't see it in any articles.

ATS, remember who you are.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
JJ dropped the ball. It's all gone by and covered up.

There is that small hope that this is an ongoing situation that is being investigated. Doubt it is a priority.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Wow JJ acted like a coward! That was a disappointing read. Hopefully there will be a follow up on the driver who must have intimidated JJ to the point of not doing anything?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
JJ dropped the ball. It's all gone by and covered up.

There is that small hope that this is an ongoing situation that is being investigated. Doubt it is a priority.

He couldn't drop something that he obviously doesn't have. He only had to call the cops on spot. JJ is a big guy, he could do even more than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
What a prick, somebody's life could be at risk and he phones the company like he was reporting a lost bag or something.
SMH.

He did call the cops, and the FBI.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The ball was doing something proper in the situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Wow JJ acted like a coward! That was a disappointing read. Hopefully there will be a follow up on the driver who must have intimidated JJ to the point of not doing anything?

Anyone allegedly caging a human is obviously a dangerous character.

I'm a good sized guy, but I'm not starting an altercation if I have women with me, I would be devistaded if anything happened to them because of me.

Its easy typing on a computer that someone is a coward when you didn't go through a situation that they did.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

SMH.

Not much use calling the cops after the guy drove away.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
Just a shame you weren't there. You clearly would have been a hero and saved a life that day.
edit on 19-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Why call when it can make a difference instead of later.

I can see he might have hurt a finger dialing and ended his ball career.

People are wonderful.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

SMH.

He let the driver go and then he called the cops. Too late.

The driver then left them on the sidewalk, per Redick, who then confirmed with his sister-in-law what he saw. From there, the trio called both the car agency and the police.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Yes, its a pity, I keep a spare pair of superhero underpants in my every day bag just for situations like that.
Either way, JJ's inaction resulted in a suspected kidnap victim being driven away. That is something we know as fact.
The rest is opinion, you have yours as I do.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I like to think I would have done more in that situation...

If my wife was beside me, along with not knowing what the guy could have had in the front seat within reach but out of my view (gun, knife, taser for example) my first priority would be to get the wife to a safer place before confronting the guy.

Cause what good would he have done if he tried to fight the guy and he grabs a gun and shoots the witnesses, or worse tasers them both and now he has 3 prisoners instead of 1.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join