It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Annulments : The passing of a poison chalice ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
And on the flip side the thread started with this

The annulment process is often long, usually lasting about a year or longer; the people who make up the marriage tribunal for your diocese must perform extensive research in determining if an annulment can be granted.

It (the accusations) seemingly required flat out denials , but false confession was in fact the answer . It would certainly change the focus of any proper investigation , or the technically limited legal one , and supplant the original with it's true nature so many thanks for that answer

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Obviously a moderated policy will be formed !

Eg

However, these processes are only able to be used under very specific circumstances. Formal cases require an extensive autobiographical essay, witness testimony, an interview, and possible review by an expert counselor, so they tend to be more difficult and often can take a year to eighteen months to complete once they have been filed. Cases that must be processed in Rome, such as

It's got to be put to bed properly etc

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleReamus
a reply to: ZIPMATT

The whole thing is moot.
"A British non-Catholic divorcee"
The marriage would be annulled simply for the fact that one of the parties is not Catholic. Also they could not be married in a Catholic church unless BOTH parties are Catholic. That in and of itself will annul the marriage.

The Catholic church keeps records of each and every person to be Baptized and Confirmed in the church so it is pretty easy to confirm that one of them is not Catholic.

not necessarily true. you must petition and get permission from the bishop, and the non-catholic must agree to raise any children up as catholic. the non-catholic must also provide proof of baptism, or go through the baptism right for catholics. they must also not impede the catholic partners faith or trash talk it.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

and the non-catholic must agree to raise any children up as catholic.

is that their way of ensuring that the priest and nuns have plenty of kids to chose from to have their jollies with??
I'm sorry but another case of pedophilia in the church has hit the news and it seems that the catholic church would better serve their own interest to investigate their own clergy instead of divorced people just trying to live their lives!!

"Gee, I learned soon after marriage that my wife was not the virgin that she claimed to be. Turns out that she was raped often by the local priest. AND YOU THINK I WOULD AGREE TO RAISE OUR FUTURE DAUGHTERS IN THAT CHURCH?? Well that led to too many arguments between the two of us and eventually broke the marriage up."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join