It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House counsel interviewed for 30 hours in Russia probe: New York Times

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Don't you know they all are. Every one has been conspiring against trump. From the highest office to the crossing guard at the corner. The police, the fire department, the guy who sells him shoes, the cook, the chamber maid who gives him his bed sheets at night, the detectives, the CIA, the FBI, all and every one of them are plotting and out to get trump.
Actually I've never seen a more wide spread contagion of mental aboration as the paranoia amongst trump supporters. It's amazing to observe.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: deckdel

Hillary they cleared in a snap, allthough she was knee deep corrupted and tied with Russians.

....and yet... after 7 GOP lead investigations into her actions, they still couldn't come up with anything.

Are they in on it as well?

*cue Xfiles music*

Were Strzok and other key names of questionable intent apart of the Clinton investigations? Why yes, yes they were.

There is your answer, but you already knew that.
edit on 19-8-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Even if some of us ahem...are good at pretending and being blind.

Hands down you are the best at that.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

He resigned because he wanted to avoid the humiliation of going through a trial he knew he'd lose. He resigned. In disgrace.
Billy boy faced the music was acquitted and his presidency survived it.
So there...
edit on 8192018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 8192018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Trump isn't Nixon. There is no physical evidence. There are no credible allegations. This isn't watergate.

Trump will finish his term and win big again in 2020.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Mueller hasn't said a single syllable.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Mueller never said the media were liars.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: norhoc

Mueller hasn't said a single syllable.

He did however say in two pressers that no Americans were involved in collusion.

Wonder why we're still here then..

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The Flynn mess still has not been resolved and the judge in that case took the unusual step of ordering the SC to provide discovery to Flynn even though he waived it with the plea deal.

I have always been confused by this.Why would a judge do this?What is his reasoning behind this?Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: knoxie

No he was impeached for perjury, obstruction ,and witness tampering.

It's amazing, to this day, their masters at CNN still haven't informed them why Clinton was impeached. It's only been, what, 20 years? They'll get around to it eventually I guess...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I haven't seen this posted on here. 30 hours should be enough to get all the information you would want from an individual right?

Citing a dozen current and former White House officials and others briefed on the matter, the newspaper said White House Counsel Donald McGahn had shared information, some of which the investigators would not have known about.

On Saturday evening, McGahn’s lawyer confirmed the White House counsel had cooperated with Mueller’s team. “Mr. McGahn answered the Special Counsel team’s questions fulsomely and honestly,” William Burck said, explaining the president did not ask McGahn to refrain from discussing any matters.

Reuters

Let's take note here that Trump had tweeted earlier that he encouraged McGahn to be fully transparent and open with investigators. McGahn's lawyer also stated the president did not ask McGahn to refrain from discussing any matters. Are these lengthy interviews then an indication that the investigation is rapping up and final evidence is being gathered? It seems that way. There's another motivation, McGahn’s fear he could be placed in legal jeopardy because of decisions made in the White House that could be construed as obstruction of justice so he's merely covering all basis.... all 30 hours of them.

The president continues to regard the investigation as a witch hunt given this month's drama with Sessions and Rosenstein among others. All this echos the Watergate invesitgation which spanned 2 years.

Sounds to me like

A) Mueller is desperately fishing for anything, no matter how mundane

or

B) Mueller has already realized this is going nowhere, but he doesn't want anyone to be able to say he didn't investigate thoroughly enough

To answer your question, yes it's likely coming to a close. But definitely not until after the midterms. The Democrats need that much at least.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Trump had tweeted earlier that he encouraged McGahn to be fully transparent and open with investigators. McGahn's lawyer also stated the president did not ask McGahn to refrain from discussing any matters.

If this is true, then I dont see the point in speculation.

I mean if the dude was guilty and trying to hide information like many people claim you certainly dont tell the guy that probably knows alot to be transparent.

Lastly, since we dont have a transript of the questions it could have been repeated questions phrased in new ways to try and get the counsel to trip up and give the investigative team an attacl avenue.
And literally anything we settle on is pure speculation.
edit on 19-8-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I am not really sure what the SC thinks its doing other than dragging peoples names thru the mud and financially destroying them.

It's very aware of that fact. I'd dare say, that is it's intent.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

The Flynn mess still has not been resolved and the judge in that case took the unusual step of ordering the SC to provide discovery to Flynn even though he waived it with the plea deal.

I have always been confused by this.Why would a judge do this?What is his reasoning behind this?Thanks in advance.

It tells me the judge in Flynn's case, Judge Sullivan, has serious issues with the prosecution and how the mess came to the courts attention in the first place. The original judge who accepted Flynn's plea deal then had to recuse himself after the fact because he was involved in signing off on documents for the investigation.

Judge Sullivan is also known for disliking corrupt government action and, at least to me, this is exactly what is going on with Flynn and the prosecution against him. 1 judge saying this is a concern however 2 judges taking notice of the SC actions against 2 different clients and we move into a dangerous area.

Popadopoulis has filed suit to reclaim his right to discovery so we shall see how that goes.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

President Trump Tweets White House Counsel Don McGahn Isn't a 'Rat'

Is the president implying something?

No but democrats and left wing propagandists have been trying to portray Cohen in that light.

Read count 8 (FEC violation bs) -
Cohen plea deal

The campaign finance violation was not campaign related. An FEC lawyer already pointed this out.

The US Supreme Court said it as well in FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION v. AKINS

The SC knew Cohen would take a plea deal so added in bs that could never hold up in court for political reasons - to help democrats.
edit on 22-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join