It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache Killings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welcome to thewonderful world of the war on terror... Or is it now a war on Turnips???

Watch as these unsuspecting farmers are gunned down by the 30mm cannon mounted on an Apache helicopter.

Warning, this site contains images that some of you may find disturbing and the language of the chopper pilots gets a little bawdy too.

You have ben warned.

www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That vid has been shown here before. It is very disturbing. However, I have yet to here any confirmed details as to who they were shooting at and why. Just assumptions. If you have a link showing these people were turnip farmers, it would help your cause to post it.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I loved it

I wonder what the unsuspecting farmer was trying to pull out of the object to the left?

The second one that was shot? Watch the film and you will see that instead of running or hiding this "poor innocent farmer" was trying to pull something out of the machine to the left.

BTW how do you know they were turnip farmers?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
that's old video, for one, the big truck is a unimog, or similar and is often used by military personnel. they crossed a road to get to what looked to me like a cannon of some sort. and one last, does not look like farmland to me, looks like short-cropped vegetation or none at all. maybe grass, maybe pavement or dirt.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
that's old video, for one, the big truck is a unimog, or similar and is often used by military personnel. they crossed a road to get to what looked to me like a cannon of some sort. and one last, does not look like farmland to me, looks like short-cropped vegetation or none at all. maybe grass, maybe pavement or dirt.

You noticed that too?

That was going to be my second post

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Very disturbing. But I need to agree, we cannot assume these people were farmers by anything you see in that video. Dont assume everybody being shot at in a "video" game like way is innocent because they werent activley shooting back at the time. I notice the more "detached" the trigger pullers are from the target the more people are likely to think the targets were innocent. War is ugly.

Notice the first guy shot was litterally vaporized after a direct hit about halfway through the burst? I never had any idea that these guns were that powerfull.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Notice the first guy shot was litterally vaporized after a direct hit about halfway through the burst? I never had any idea that these guns were that powerfull.

Depleted uranium probably. I believe it has the same effect upon impact. You should U2U off_the_street and ask him. He would know for sure.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I really dont give a damn if he had a ICBM in the bag or if the incident took place on pink pebblecrete.

I just saw footage of a helpless wounded man being gunned down by a cannon made for destroying tanks.

To me it lookes as though the tractor was harrowing. The bag could have contained markers for keeping the tractor straight. Perhaps the guy got caught in them or he thought they could save him. I have never been under intense 30mm fire so I dnt know what went through his mind except a few HE slugs. Perhaps it was a weapon, so what, the point is that there is no evidence in this picture to suggest that these people were a threat before the guns opened up. We can only assume that this operation was directed by intelligence of some kind and given the reliability of US intel forces I would stand by my, not intended to be taken literally (idiots), assumption that these people could be turnip farmers.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
I really dont give a damn if he had a ICBM in the bag or if the incident took place on pink pebblecrete.

I just saw footage of a helpless wounded man being gunned down by a cannon made for destroying tanks.

To me it lookes as though the tractor was harrowing. The bag could have contained markers for keeping the tractor straight. Perhaps the guy got caught in them or he thought they could save him. I have never been under intense 30mm fire so I dnt know what went through his mind except a few HE slugs. Perhaps it was a weapon, so what, the point is that there is no evidence in this picture to suggest that these people were a threat before the guns opened up. We can only assume that this operation was directed by intelligence of some kind and given the reliability of US intel forces I would stand by my, not intended to be taken literally (idiots), assumption that these people could be turnip farmers.

All speculation on your part. They could be turnip farmes, but you dont know that they are or arent. They could be planting mines or IED's for all you know. Most "turnip" farmers dont have ARMED $5 million Apache gunships monitoring them ready to fire.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i have seen that movie before too.

really effective against infantry this m230 30mm automatic gun that apache attack helicopter is equipped with. it was made for armor penetration and with its 625 shots per minute, it can deliver a heavy punch to any armored vehicle, not to mention any infantry. its ammo supply is about 1200 rounds, so a good two minues of non-stop fire.

a real killing machine.

www.fas.org...

but who ever these people were,
they had no chance at all against such a beast.
not without any anti-aircraft weapons.
then this apache is toast.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

so it doesnt matter if they WERENT farmers? So we shouldnt harm the poor enemy combatants now.....LOL

Would it made you happier if they hit him in the head with a rock?

The bag could have contained markers for keeping the tractor straight.

I know that would be the first thing on my mind.....SAVE THE MARKERS....please

Perhaps it was a weapon, so what, the point is that there is no evidence in this picture to suggest that these people were a threat before the guns opened up.

The point is to kill them BEFORE they kill you....LOL

(idiots), .

Are you talking about us or the guys pulling tractor markers on an Apache?

you offer NOTHING showing they are anything other than enemy combatants and get mad when everyone doesnt cry over them?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I can understand why you are upset at this clip. It is very distubing and graphic. Now please dont think I am defending the actions of the gunners in any way by this. I am just going to tell you the facts. This is how our military operates in a war. They get what they hope is reliable intell and act upon it. If the mission required elimination of targets, they would have to eliminated everyone there. You cant leave the wounded to fight another day. There is absolutly nothing you or I can do about it. I wish it were different, but it is not.

Please believe me when I say that I dont fully agree with what happened at the end of the clip. The wounded man was done for. Especially if they were using DP shells. But I do support our troops. I hope each and every one of them comes home alive and well. I dont want to see one more die. If they have to take these guys out before one more of my fellow countrymen are killed, then, God forgive me, do it.

I dont agree with this war, and I wish it had never happened. But it did and we have family over there, and God willing, we will bring them home safely wothout another loss. The sooner the better.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well I am sure that three men and three soft skinned vehicles warrant that kind of attention in US military logic i.e. killing an ant with a sledgehammer.

It just looks like target practise to me. The voices of the pilots do not mention what the guy buy the tractor is doing nor do they show and sign of stress that fire might be returned. The clip has a routine feel to it. I cant prove or disproe anything and you ppl are to dumb to get the point.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

When has war been about a fair fight?

Both sides use the means at their disposal

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Especially if they were using DP shells.

The 30 MM is a VERY powerful round. The DUs are used against mainly tanks and such unless I am wrong

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Name calling will stop now

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Actually rules of engagement state that in an open conflict the enemy can only be engaged in bearing the insignia or device of the enemy. Or, failing this, they show itent of hostile action against friendly forces.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Souljah

When has war been about a fair fight?

Both sides use the means at their disposal

yes,
i agree with you.

there is only one rule:
NO RULES!

just like street fighting.
first hint you are going to get in the street:
"if you gotta fight, fight DIRTY!"

and both sides are doing just that.

we wont go into this "who started first" crap.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Actually rules of engagement state that in an open conflict the enemy can only be engaged in bearing the insignia or device of the enemy. Or, failing this, they show itent of hostile action against friendly forces.

as i said before:

in modern warfare there are no more rules of engagement,
no regulations,
no conventions,
no international law,
no RULES at all!

just get them before they get you!
pretty simple.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well I am sure that three men and three soft skinned vehicles warrant that kind of attention in US military logic i.e. killing an ant with a sledgehammer.

It just looks like target practise to me. The voices of the pilots do not mention what the guy buy the tractor is doing nor do they show and sign of stress that fire might be returned. The clip has a routine feel to it. I cant prove or disproe anything and you ppl are to dumb to get the point.

It SHOULD be routine for a COMBAT pilot or any combat personell. I would be worried if it was routine for you or me because we arent proffesional soldiers.

And Amuk already adressed this, but what difference does it make what method they used to kill them? If thier orders were to kill these guys what does it matter? Actually, if I was going to be killed in a combat situation, wouldnt you prefer to die instantly without any fear about whats about to happen to you? All three of these men died in less than 30 seconds, would you have preffered 10 or 20 soldiers on the ground with M4's shooting it out with these guys for an hour or so putting little holes into them untill they finally stopped moving?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join