It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music experiment: Sends shivers down your spine, makes your hair stand up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sure, let me fire up the AI and all the other tools... Can you give me a timespan? Preferably a narrowed down one because 1 sec spectrograph on highest possible resolution will produce like 50MB of data to analyze currently.

The problem isn´t the ram, the problem is that even my new SSD card is already bursting. You won´t believe how many people wrote to my protonmail account until the last time I posted.

The bigger the dataset the longer it takes to analyze and will spoil the trained neural networks. So I really need a relative accurate timespan. Like from 0:02 to 0:10 or so. Basically when the tingling starts is the most important point because otherwhise, I get too much false positives.

The tingle starts at around 13 seconds and lasts through the following minute. I know it's a lot for your system so if you can focus on the 13 second mark, I will be grateful.

Fyi, that track was written in a Mökki in Finland.
edit on 11112018 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That track is very beautiful. If you can wait a couple of days I´ll probably have finished optimizing/killing some overhead. Then I´ll be able to take 25-30sec. samples and save the whole raw data and also the graph in high resolution.

I´ll probably have to upload that graph somewhere else then. I do have a dedicated server but it´s rented on my real name, so there´s that.

I could narrow the frequencies down around 13% if I would know the age (hearing spectrum decreases with age) but that´s a personal no-go and it would introduce some jitter and an educated guess.

I´ll be busy the next few days but towards the weekend, maybe thuesday evening, I´ll do a test run and then we´ll see.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I wasn´t sure if you want an analysis (because 1h+ and no timespan, not directed at me) but I don´t want you to feel forgotten.

Just provide me a small timespan and of course you´ll get a graph, too.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

What do you think?

I`'m going to try to reread the whole thread again this weekend coming.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's very kind of you to offer. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Just want to let you know I did not forget you or anyone else, I´m still working on the functions and ran into some bug that I can´t track down somehow. Somewhere, somehow, a value is out of range and I´ve shotgunned the code with corrections, maybe it´s a fringe rounding error.

I came online to get a free head and a fresh approach

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is an excellent topic.

I have an entire playlist with 100's of songs dedicated to giving me frisson. it's a powerful energy.

I hope you crack this code Versch!

There is almost no study into this and your work is valuable sir.

Thanks bro..

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Artist: Sugarcubes
Song: Regina

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

There has been extensive research on this. The action is called a “frisson” and occurs because certain tones and tonal qualities release dopamine in the brain. About 50% of people experience these “chills” while listening to some music. In these people there are more connections in the brain between the audiotory cortex and other neural regions.

I don’t know if research has been done on specific tones or chords. I’d be interested to know also.

D minor is the saddest chord

I am a musician and I wrote a song completely in Dm, It was a very boring song but I just couldn't stop crying.

edit on 19-1-2019 by kennyb72 because: emotion

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hey all.

I have been hinted to this thread of my uncle some months ago but I still have problems seeing his name and reading things he wrote.

From my memory I can recall that there is a folder with thousands of those on his big computer. A nother folder with these strange noises. Now, I can not access it currently because I was playing around with some tools when the power went out and bad things happened with insides of the computer.

I got it repaired weeks ago without the solid plates because I do not trust anyone strange with this heritage. But it will not go into windows now. I have someone on it that I trust enough, that says he can make it go into windows again but first there is a nother problem with a nother windows like programm. Nested windows?? Something like that.

What I want to say with all this, I read this messages and I get impression that many are waiting for results? I think it would not disturb him when I give you these because I read you would get them anyway.

So I want to help a bit, because I find this topic very fascinating. Can someone help me find a place where I can put all these, when we got the windows-es running again?

I am not really happy about thinking to select over thousands of images and copy it into MyATS. I can be 700 or 1700 I did not count them, I was numbering by impression. I can not get to them but I thinked it will take time someone answers anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Would you mind expanding a bit? Did something happen to verschickter?

That would be very.. disappointing

He was just posting screengrabs of his work, I think the big thing was his interpretation of said images. Maybe there are notes?

If there are notes on the general work, that might help you to figure out what to look for in the rest. Then, if there are notes on the individual cases, that would help pin down which specific images folks would be interested in seeing.

If there arent notes.. Maybe really studying the thread might help? I dont just mean reading it, but really trying to figure out things. Some of us can probably help in that particular aspect too.

The most interesting part for me was what did and didnt affect me. Most of the songs posted by others just didnt do anything for me, and I find that difference fascinating. I was genuinely looking forward to how it took shape over time..

Im hoping I am just misunderstanding, havent had coffee yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
edit on 4-8-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I have been playing around with that program and I also know how to get the program started but I can not get into windows. Some parts of the computer were changed after they were damaged and repaired. I got the things replaced for a lot of money and now the computer will not go into windows. Someone takes care of that problem but it may take time.

He never told me about the reason why he started this personally but I now know it. I mean I saw him working on all that from time to time but it was not of my interest and I did not think much about it.

I concluded much since then I have a vague idea what it does. I think that these audio clips are for training the program and that it can make tones from that. I found out the tools and windows that he made are universal. I mean I have looked at music with it and I saw other things that was not music (or did not look like music) in the same window, on a nother day in a nother tool that was making something different.

I hope my word salad is not too bad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join