It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music experiment: Sends shivers down your spine, makes your hair stand up

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sure, let me fire up the AI and all the other tools... Can you give me a timespan? Preferably a narrowed down one because 1 sec spectrograph on highest possible resolution will produce like 50MB of data to analyze currently.

The problem isn´t the ram, the problem is that even my new SSD card is already bursting. You won´t believe how many people wrote to my protonmail account until the last time I posted.

The bigger the dataset the longer it takes to analyze and will spoil the trained neural networks. So I really need a relative accurate timespan. Like from 0:02 to 0:10 or so. Basically when the tingling starts is the most important point because otherwhise, I get too much false positives.

The tingle starts at around 13 seconds and lasts through the following minute. I know it's a lot for your system so if you can focus on the 13 second mark, I will be grateful.

Fyi, that track was written in a Mökki in Finland.
edit on 11112018 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That track is very beautiful. If you can wait a couple of days I´ll probably have finished optimizing/killing some overhead. Then I´ll be able to take 25-30sec. samples and save the whole raw data and also the graph in high resolution.

I´ll probably have to upload that graph somewhere else then. I do have a dedicated server but it´s rented on my real name, so there´s that.

I could narrow the frequencies down around 13% if I would know the age (hearing spectrum decreases with age) but that´s a personal no-go and it would introduce some jitter and an educated guess.

I´ll be busy the next few days but towards the weekend, maybe thuesday evening, I´ll do a test run and then we´ll see.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I wasn´t sure if you want an analysis (because 1h+ and no timespan, not directed at me) but I don´t want you to feel forgotten.

Just provide me a small timespan and of course you´ll get a graph, too.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

What do you think?

I`'m going to try to reread the whole thread again this weekend coming.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's very kind of you to offer. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Just want to let you know I did not forget you or anyone else, I´m still working on the functions and ran into some bug that I can´t track down somehow. Somewhere, somehow, a value is out of range and I´ve shotgunned the code with corrections, maybe it´s a fringe rounding error.

I came online to get a free head and a fresh approach

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is an excellent topic.

I have an entire playlist with 100's of songs dedicated to giving me frisson. it's a powerful energy.

I hope you crack this code Versch!

There is almost no study into this and your work is valuable sir.

Thanks bro..

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Artist: Sugarcubes
Song: Regina

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

There has been extensive research on this. The action is called a “frisson” and occurs because certain tones and tonal qualities release dopamine in the brain. About 50% of people experience these “chills” while listening to some music. In these people there are more connections in the brain between the audiotory cortex and other neural regions.

I don’t know if research has been done on specific tones or chords. I’d be interested to know also.

D minor is the saddest chord

I am a musician and I wrote a song completely in Dm, It was a very boring song but I just couldn't stop crying.

edit on 19-1-2019 by kennyb72 because: emotion

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join