It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music experiment: Sends shivers down your spine, makes your hair stand up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yes, you did mention it. I always thought that everyone got tingles from music they love.

Maybe they just never listened to the right music.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I would be interested in your analysis of this:

Mainly the intro but there are a few parts that get me.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sure, let me fire up the AI and all the other tools... Can you give me a timespan? Preferably a narrowed down one because 1 sec spectrograph on highest possible resolution will produce like 50MB of data to analyze currently.

The problem isn´t the ram, the problem is that even my new SSD card is already bursting. You won´t believe how many people wrote to my protonmail account until the last time I posted.

The bigger the dataset the longer it takes to analyze and will spoil the trained neural networks. So I really need a relative accurate timespan. Like from 0:02 to 0:10 or so. Basically when the tingling starts is the most important point because otherwhise, I get too much false positives.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Here you go, the first couple of seconds

The source quality isn´t the best, that´s why I often search for the more HQ version when I prepare the runs. It´s a bit time consuming handwork but it´s worth it.

The green numbers give you an idea about the frequency range

Will go to sleep now, at least I´ll try.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Rush - Tom Sawyer from 2:35 to 2:46. Neils drum fills are amazing and it gets me every time and I've only been listening to this song for nearly four decades.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Sure, let me fire up the AI and all the other tools... Can you give me a timespan? Preferably a narrowed down one because 1 sec spectrograph on highest possible resolution will produce like 50MB of data to analyze currently.

The problem isn´t the ram, the problem is that even my new SSD card is already bursting. You won´t believe how many people wrote to my protonmail account until the last time I posted.

The bigger the dataset the longer it takes to analyze and will spoil the trained neural networks. So I really need a relative accurate timespan. Like from 0:02 to 0:10 or so. Basically when the tingling starts is the most important point because otherwhise, I get too much false positives.

Okay, I will listen to it later when I have more time and give you specific time stamps.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'm listening to this now and it's a good tune. I like it.

I've been relaxing to loads of music like that recently and a lot of Alan Watts talks too. Watts gets the brain ticking and the ambient/uplifting/relaxing music seems to play the strings of the emotions. This video/mix isn't for focusing on Watts, it's more like a bunch of samples against a decent ambient mix with a few uplifting tracks and moments throughout. You might like it.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
So that´s the guy I often hear in progressive trance / GOA talking, I recognize him from some tracks.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

If you compare this graph with the one I did last night (Wide-Eyes post), you can see the differences in audio quality that you can get.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Since this thread hasn´t done much because I´m still waiting for the PS3 cluster, a few hours ago before I went to bed, I let the neural networks do some pattern recognition. It took almost 7 hours to complete and I´m blasted.

Over the last months I took 216 samples, all manually fed in. I marked the start for every time I get the goosebumps and I built a feedback loop between myself and the computer, meaning that I have a built a small spring loaded potentiometer hooked up to an ATmega328 to give the NN a feedback of intensity.

I did this with every sample up to 20 times to narrow down, most often it was around 3-10 times.

The first AI/NN generated dataset and it already gives me the creeps just looking at it. It´s only mono, not stero, if I do it on stereo, the time quadruples. Notice the geometric structures it came up with.

Now I need to find a way to turn this into actual sound waves!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Thank you for that link

I find this description of the phenomena quite logical.

How does the mediation between fear and pleasure play out in the sensation of a frisson? The brain, Huron said, has two competing goals. One, the unconscious "fast path," is to "react as fast as possible, especially to danger." The other, the "slow, conscious path," is to "react as accurately as possible." When a listener experiences a frisson, Huron believes that he first reacts with fear toward the stimulus, then comes to enjoy it by consciously recognizing that the stimulus is actually harmless.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Actually its quite normal.

www.google.com.au...

Shivering when you pee is non-officially called post-micturition convulsion syndrome. The theory behind it is that it comes from an extra strong interaction between two parts of the body's nervous system. Basically, commencing urination lowers your blood pressure, which comes from the parasympathetic nervous system

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I dont want to detract too much by delving into the occult, but you may find this interesting.

In reply to your other posts its fascinating that the star pattern appeared.

The image of the connection of the vitruvian man style pose of the body within a pentagram,

We are "stars" or perhaps, we on death we try to connect with the stars.

Some of the Occult significance is explained in this article about David Bowies Blackstar released shortly before his death:

www.trebuchet-magazine.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Why I do this: It seems to me that there is a corelation between the deep note and the technique I used to arrived at the OOBE. Time-reversed. Meaning:

Are you saying you are trying to trigger an OOBE by listening to those "moments" of music that produce the shiver?

Or are you perhaps attempting reversing entropy/aging or healing through sound? Have I misunderstood?

I'm still unclear as to your hypothesis - any hints where you're going with this?

I won't suggest any shiver pieces as I have far too many and you've obviously got enough material for now.

Great thread! Thank you.

When you get a chance I would appreciate a response...even a PM would be OK.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
It´s hard to explain because it´s a paradox, it´s impossible. This thread is the reason why I started this experiment:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
read it and then come back and read this:

Keep in mind, I was progressivly discovering this while I tried to wrap my head around what just happened. It´s important to take a longer look at the graphics, especially this one

This is the spectrogam I did on the THX like sound I heard. It´s 99% identical to what I heard. The spectrogram you see, is the THX sound played backwards. Notice how it, although it´s played backwords, will give you a history of my experience.

Second paradox: I would somehow understand it, if I heard that sound from the very beginning. But it only started when I dashed through that barrier (vertical line in the picture).

Question:
How is this possible. Why does the spectrogram of the music I head, relate the me progressing forward into trance in reverse.

What´s up with that deepnote sound?
It´s basically impossible, it´s a time paradox.

If you have any questions left, feel free to ask them, or message me.

The reason why I collect such examples is because I try to decipher the internal pattern inside this whole ordeal. Maybe I find a way to reproduce that sound exactly via math and maybe that´s not only the key to more experiences like that, but also a key for others, so they can try it.

This is why I do all this (very expensive) research.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks for this Thread.

Thought you might be interested in this:

thepowerofsound.net...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot
This is why I love ATS!

From your link

Pattern Identification Simply put, pattern identification is one of the brain’s analytical processes. Identifying a pattern (visual, auditory, odiferous, kinesthetic) enables cerebral attention to shift from active awareness to passive acknowledgement. Listening and looking are active functions; hearing and seeing are passive.

In active listening mode, the middle ear function is highly engaged while the brain seeks to identify a pattern. Once an auditory pattern is found, passive hearing begins. Habituation sets in and the brain focuses on other things. There are specific times when active listening or passive hearing is preferable. Active listening stimulates the nervous system. Passive hearing is neutral or “discharging.”

That´s why I love to hear progressive trance, I try to figure out the patterns from the single channels as the music goes on. I find it refreshing and I noticed that I can visualize more complex structures like figuring out how to write a certain program or solve a problem.

I have to thank you[/] for you post.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Thank you for your response

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Nothing to thank me for, I hope I worded it somehow understandable.

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks in advance mate, that will come in handy through the winter. I love Alan Watts' samples.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join