It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should you be eating diatomaceous earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: LookingAtMars

People in some Southern States have eaten clay for generations.

White dirt" is actually a soft, chalky clay called kaolin and is widely used to make porcelain, paper and paint. The mineral kaolinite is one of the most common in the world, and the best-known deposits are located in the southeastern U.S.

It is a mineral and perhaps it can offer something special.

www.npr.org...

That's interesting. Some of that "mountain magic" that hasn't made it into the mainstream yet.

I did some quick research and it seems to me that kaolinite is made of mostly amorphous crystals in their natural state. Meaning those molecules don't have the sharp edges found on some Diatomaceous earth particles. So, I would think it's probably slightly safer than DE.

Kaolin is the best refractory clay. The "white dirt" version has the fewest contaminants and is used in high temperature applications.

-dex

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I read quite a few articles on the Dia-earth a few years back. My research showed It has specific health benefits when used under the right condition and for a limited time. It is not a cure all, not a super food either, it is not food for humans.

I would consider using it or clays for treatment of specific diseases.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It doesn't do # for ulcers you used it for the wrong reason. Try something else.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I bought some recently to try for feral cat house to control fleas.

One thing I read is that it is not good to breathe the airborne particles (which tend to go airborne since so tiny and light).

I'm not sure how safe it is to eat microscopic sharp shards of glass which supposedly cuts up insects and dehydrates them.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

try it with water so you don't choke on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Oh that stuff I put in my pool filter... I've got some Chlorine Tabs Tartar if you want... Just because some fruity assed nutritionist wrote an article... nevermind eat all you want...wash it down with that sweet sweet Propylene Glycol!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No it's not the same thing but is far more widespread than we would think. From Georgia as far West as Louisiana, clay eaters have practiced the tradition.

Apparently it even has a name, Geophagia. Some believe that it's practice in the states can be traced directly to West African society. It is not harmful and some researchers believe it could be related to our bodies inability to produce B12.

In an effort to acquire B12, some believe the consumption of clay or dirt to be the way to go. The soil which is consumed is packed with many minerals.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Idk, this sounds up there with huffing concrete dust.

The particles look like a miniature version of the crystals in supermans cave/home, but embed and cancer up in your lungs.

I'm gonna pass on injesting any mini shards today.

Cool article though.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Thanks for the info, I will have to keep an eye out for this. I have seen plenty of red clay in GA but can't say I have ever ran into any white clay.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Not going to run out and buy some, but I bet a lot of thing we put in our body are sharp looking when you look close enough. Salt comes to mind. Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Every day? No. You can use it as a parasite cleanse. Use it as a 2% ration mixed in grain or beans or something. It may cause irritation if used too much or in too high a quantity. DE has microscopic sharp edges. Also be very careful not to inhale it. Its hard on the lungs due to those sharp crystals. DE is often used as a parasite cleanse in livestock. Its used to store grain that we eat (to keep it dry and keep the pests down) and its used as a kind of pesticide (from its abrasive and dessicant qualities).

How do I know this? Because my business sells food grade DE. I buy the material in truckload quantity from DE mines and package it for retail sale. And I answer questions about it regularly.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna
Cool, thanks for the first hand info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join