It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of Human Rights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That bugs me, as well. ...and I was going to comment myself, but you said it so much better than I would have.

Wanting to keep ones own money, money that they've earned, hardly equates to greed. Self-interest, yes, but that's, most times, not greed.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
The government is your custodian.

I just puked when I read that, somebody call the government and tell them to get their ass over here with a bucket of sawdust.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: MRinder

“I have a human right to be selfish.... I mean I’m still gonna use all the roads, utilities and emergency services mind you, but me throw in?!?? Never!”
Lol

Um, don't y'all have utility bills and gasoline taxes where you live? What the hell do roads and utilities have to do with the OP's complaints on income tax (which doesn't pay for either last I checked.)?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

And who pays them?

As a taxpayer, my thoughts are that I pay enough taxes. Figure it out with what is already being gathered.

That said, it still doesn't make it a human right.

Taxes, but they still get paid. We all need healthcare, it starts the second we're conceived. We pay more than enough taxes to make this happen. Every other developed country in the world is evidence that doctors can still live pretty comfortably under universal healthcare. Thru don't work for free, stop pushing that bullpoo narrative. Your God Emperor is actually a supporter of it. Or he lied about it.

Sick people shouldn't remain sick, or die, because they cant afford treatment. How hard of a concept is that to understand?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

And who pays them?

As a taxpayer, my thoughts are that I pay enough taxes. Figure it out with what is already being gathered.

Taxes, but they still get paid. We all need healthcare, it starts the second we're conceived. We pay more than enough taxes to make this happen. Every other developed country in the world is evidence that doctors can still live pretty comfortably under universal healthcare. They don't work for free, stop pushing that bullpoo narrative. Your God Emperor is actually a supporter of it. Or he lied about it.

Sick people shouldn't remain sick, or die, because they cant afford treatment. How hard of a concept is that to understand?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

And who pays them?

Taxes, but they still get paid. We all need healthcare, it starts the second we're conceived. We pay more than enough taxes to make this happen. Every other developed country in the world is evidence that doctors can still live pretty comfortably under universal healthcare. They don't work for free, stop pushing that bullpoo narrative. Your God Emperor is actually a supporter of it. Or he lied about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

What is this god emperor? Thomas Jefferson? He ded.

You jumped out of the comtext of my statement. Don't ask me to defend it as anything but a reply to that post.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: Azureblue

A point often ignored by people us that their income is dependent on other peoples.

The greater economic stability created by welfare payments and other government spending increases everyone's standard of living,

good point, ill remember that.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The solution would tax the people who can afford to pay such.

Start with the 1%ers and take 50% because nobody on Earth requires multiple billions of $$$$$ to exist or survive.

It's not the middle classes that need to go it's the superrich.

Of course, any attempt to do such would probably bring about chaos before significant change as "They" don't want the status quo to change other than to plan.

You do realize that people like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos don't really have giant banks with $90 billion and $130 billion dollars in them, right? Their money is tied up in stocks, bonds, and other assets that create jobs and companies.

Personally is someone was going to take my money I would rather it be them. They would do something worthwhile with it as opposed to just piss it away like the fed, state, and local governments do. Could you imagine how easy things would be if Amazon took over the federal government. Stuff would get done, no standing in line or filling out forms for meaningless government crap. It would just be like hey Alexa form me a corporation, hey Alexa get me some license plates, hey Alexa I wanna divorce my wife.
edit on 25-8-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

"You do realize that people like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos don't really have giant banks with $90 billion and $130 billion dollars in them, right?"

What i do realize is that there are about a million ways "They" can hide monies, so really you have no idea what they have in there bank accounts nor where said accounts even reside.

Personally, i just wish to see the distribution of wealth a hell of a lot more evenly spread amongst our respective populations.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join