It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of Human Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How did they pay for everything before Income Taxes?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Blood and pain.

Same crap, slightly different wrapping paper.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Think of the BUDGET!!! What did ever it do you...Barbarians!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I know they like gates.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: MRinder

I don't think that you have really thought this through.

My family has property not connected to municipal water and off of a private road, I love it, but it comes with it's own set of head aches.

Did your family die without municipal water and sewage service? Is it not possible for private companies to provide you water and sewage service? Did the government deprive you of your human right to water and sewage removal?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The real truth is human rights are an illusion. There is no such thing as human rights or animal rights. They are a construct of man's imagination.

If I am wrong, please explain to me why or what gives us our human rights?
edit on 18-8-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That's why Republicans donate a lot more than Democrats.

If, however, you zero in on giving that is heavier or lighter than the middle range (the bars pictured here), you find that the parties differ a lot. Democrats and Independents both had many zero-to-very-light givers (less than $100 for the year), and modest numbers of heavier givers. Republicans, in comparison, had comparatively few skinflints, and numerous serious donors—31 percent sharing at least $1,000 with charity, versus 17 percent among Democrats, and 20 percent among Independents.

www.philanthropyroundtable.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Freedom is illusory.

Then again so is the notion of security and freewill.

There is always a cost and tempo to reality.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Tomato, tomato.

Bankers wag both tails.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes, when I give to the poor it's bad, when I give taxes it's good. Fact, evil Republicans give more.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Fact, monies equates to control and power.

No matter the political ideologies.

Now, what does absolute power equate to?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Actually conservative households have LESS money and give MORE to charity. Strike 3, you're out.

Now if money is power, I would rather keep that power in the hands of the citizens, why do you want to give more power to government? More power to government means less freedoms for citizens according to you.
edit on 18-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

"Conservative", that's a dirty word where i hail from. LoL

The power has never been in the hands of the average citizen.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Conservative", that's a dirty word where i hail from. LoL

The power has never been in the hands of the average citizen.

And that's your problem, Conservatives are your enemy so that's who you fight. Conservative is a dirty word where I come from too, lucky for me I was able to avoid the brainwashing you apparently couldn't.

FACT: Conservatives make LESS money and give MORE to charity.
edit on 18-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Ah, selfishness and greed.

Have fun in your splendid isolation. Better hope that you can do absolutely everything you will ever need, by yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How did they pay for everything before Income Taxes?

There have been taxes for as long as there has been civilisation.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

So the solution to aggregated wealth by the few is to tax everyone else?

All that does is jar more cash loose from the middle class to be recirculated and further concentrated.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Ah, selfishness and greed.

Have fun in your splendid isolation. Better hope that you can do absolutely everything you will ever need, by yourself.

That isnt greed. Because it doesnt make someone not greedy to pay taxes.

Charity at gunpoint isnt some kind of moral high ground. Brow beating into charity isnt moral. Taking without even asking is theft and is decidedly immoral.

"Civilization" is us offloading our responsibility for charity onto men with guns. It no longer charity.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It certainly is a basic human right for all of humanity to have access to healthcare which could help save their life or that of a loved one! Saving one's life or that of a loved one, or receiving medical care when sick shouldn't be limited to the rich or those who are fortunate enough to have great healthcare insurance through their employer.

I don't know if you believe in Jesus Christ or christian teachings, but your perspective certainly isn't in-line with his teachings to help your fellow man. Your cold perspective about refusing to pay taxes for healthcare is like kicking a sick person or child to the curb. They're less deserving than you and they should die if they're poor or lack health insurance from their employer. You act like only your taxes alone are going to help the less fortunate. "News Flash," We all pay taxes to help those who are less fortunate. It's simply a humane belief to "care" for your fellow man. Yet on the other hand, you probably justify spending trillions of dollars on military spending that justifies killing innocent people, destroying homes, leaving people homeless, starving, and supporting military bases and occupations around the world!

As far as education is concerned, a country's flourishing and strong economy is directly related to an educated workforce. Corporations, businesses and government are the main beneficiaries of a well-trained and educated worker. The cost of education has skyrocketed and will ultimately affect the economy as more college graduates who can't afford to pay on their monthly payments default on their student loans. Those who are working to pay-off these loans have less spending power which again will directly affect our economy. I guess crashing the economy is better than paying taxes toward education that ultimately benefits everyone and the country.

I find that most people who complain about paying taxes for helping those in need are the rich and well to do. They're fortunate to have good healthcare benefits and posses a stable full-time job. Not everyone is so fortunate. We don't live in a perfect world. I and others would rather pay higher taxes knowing my family and those of my fellow man have access to medical care when they need it. How would you feel if you lost your job and your child fell ill and needed life saving surgery? Yet your child was denied the surgery because you no-longer had employer supplied healthcare insurance because you lost your job! How quick would your perspective change?

When it comes right down to it, you can be sitting on a heap of money but what good is it if you don't have your health?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I'd like to hear the argument behind it. Natural law states that you have no right to healthcare, and that your tribe bears the responsibility for tending to you until you die if they so choose.

What basis is this right rooted in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join