It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of Human Rights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
These Liberals keep thinking everything is a human right - healthcare, college, sick days - apparently anything they don't want to pay for is a human right. So I declare I have a HUMAN RIGHT to keep every last damn cent I earn. It's mine. I worked for it. Nobody else. Not the government. Not the teet sucking liberals. Nobody but me. What RIGHT does the government have to take anyone's money with force? I have a HUMAN RIGHT to keep what I earned.... every last damn cent. If I want to donate it to pay for someone's college or healthcare or whatever it should be my choice and if I chose not to it should be just fine, because after all it's mine and I earned it. Your money is yours and you earned it. You have a HUMAN RIGHT to keep all of it and spend or give it as you see fit.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

A little bit of empathy would not go amiss methinks.

Human rights should be paramount in any first world nation, as well as the rest.

The way some people, corporations, and companies accumulate wealth is not just underhanded but at the expense of some of the poorest people on the planet.

The measure of any nation is how it treats its weaker members, especially so when it falls upon hard times.

The fact of the matter is our respective nations should hang their heads in shame the way they treat the poor, hungry, disabled and mentally infirm.

edit on 18-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
These Liberals keep thinking everything is a human right - healthcare, college, sick days - apparently anything they don't want to pay for is a human right. So I declare I have a HUMAN RIGHT to keep every last damn cent I earn. It's mine. I worked for it. Nobody else. Not the government. Not the teet sucking liberals. Nobody but me. What RIGHT does the government have to take anyone's money with force? I have a HUMAN RIGHT to keep what I earned.... every last damn cent. If I want to donate it to pay for someone's college or healthcare or whatever it should be my choice and if I chose not to it should be just fine, because after all it's mine and I earned it. Your money is yours and you earned it. You have a HUMAN RIGHT to keep all of it and spend or give it as you see fit.

Taxman will be coming to see you real soon............no?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You can chose to take care of the poor, hungry, disabled, and mentally infirm without the government being involved. They have taught you that you can't but you can chose to. It is not a lack of empathy, if you chose to use your money to help others, but it is theft when someone or something takes your money with the threat of force.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No I pay my taxes because I have to. Because the gigantic federal and state governments will extract it from me by taking my property and/or putting me in prison. I am just one human being with no power to fight back from the robber barons with all of the power. However, if I were truly free then i would have the HUMAN RIGHT to use every last cent of the money I earned as I see fit.
edit on 18-8-2018 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I hear your message loud and clear. I completely agree.

But.

Would you be willing to make a few exceptions? If you are being serious, there are a few things that are needed to enable a local community or society. Simple things that make it a better place for everyone involved. Things like sewage, roads, clean water and some type of law enforcement.

Until we humans become truly humane and can donate/fund properly, these are just a few exemptions that should be considered.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I hear your message loud and clear. I completely agree.

But.

Would you be willing to make a few exceptions? If you are being serious, there are a few things that are needed to enable a local community or society. Simple things that make it a better place for everyone involved. Things like sewage, roads, clean water and some type of law enforcement.

Until we humans become truly humane and can donate/fund properly, these are just a few exemptions that should be considered.

I am sure once I can't drive anywhere because there are no roads and I am knee deep in # because there is no sewage system then I will be willing to CHOSE to pay a private entity to solve my problems at a fair price.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Human rights should be paramount in any first world nation, as well as the rest.

So true,

Nor should medical care be something up for debate, all life discoveries should be for the world to share and without reservation, as should care.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

edit on 18-8-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

But what about the people around you? Even if you desire a certain level of cleanliness, what happens if your neighbor doesn't? They continue to throw their bucket of # in your yard. If you are going down a thought path, at lease have an open mind and accept criticism intelligently. If you are trying to build a new ideal, wouldn't it be better to consider all thoughts and ideas so the structure will stand for 1000's of years instead of just until the #t builds up?

I think welfare is one of the greatest soul destroyers. Indiscriminate giving without knowing where the money goes or how it is used probably brings more harmful karma than good because that indiscriminate gift will cause corruption. If you truly wanted to help, get your hands dirty and work directly with the needy. That I believe is part of your message but it kind of gets lost in the absolute.
edit on 18-8-2018 by ClovenSky because: sentence structure

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Speaking for my own nation, and experience, all i know is that that we should do a whole lot better.

Government ain't going to go away, nor are big business, corporations, and bankers who don't give a rats arse for anything other than there own darn skin I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I have the "human right" to enter your nation and snatch entry level jobs your kids would have utilized to enter the workforce. I have the "human right" to force you to perform medical industry stuff on me when I get sick. I have the "human right" to make you build a municipal water system for me to drink from. I have the "human right" to make you pay for my education. ...

I have the "human right" to force you to pay for a war machine hell bent on taking the human rights from those across the planet whom the mainstream media has convinced me I'm supposed to hate.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Funny thing is all the immigration the western countries are taking now might as well be the second coming of the slavery trade. They want to take in skilled labour when those countries need that skilled labor, and yet second world countries are prime location for manufacturing all the while third world countries don't even have a sewage system...like Detroit.

montreal.ctvnews.ca...

All the while sinking the economies they immigrate too. Watch the sheep turn into rabid dogs like speaking the the Hebrew gods name.

edit on 18-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Empathy is certainly noble but when it is enforced at the end of a states/nations gun, will it remain benevolent?

Do you ever think that removing self responsibility and accountability hinders certain desires to take care of oneself? To guarantee free health care will allow people to engage in bad habits without consequence because the 'taxpayer' will always be there to pickup the tab?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Fact is we have more human wrongs than rights doing the rounds, and in this day of age, that's rather pathetic.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That's exactly why I chose to reside on Ceres.

You'll have a hard time getting that through on Earth, whilst making use of gubmint infrastructure, public services and subsidized corporate stuff like... milk? I kinda miss the egomaniacs nightmare already, wanna swap?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I don't think that you have really thought this through.

My family has property not connected to municipal water and off of a private road, I love it, but it comes with it's own set of head aches.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: smurfy

No I pay my taxes because I have to. Because the gigantic federal and state governments will extract it from me by taking my property and/or putting me in prison. I am just one human being with no power to fight back from the robber barons with all of the power. However, if I were truly free then i would havad governmente the HUMAN RIGHT to use every last cent of the money I earned as I see fit.

You missed the point, nobody is a stand alone man. The government is your custodian...good government can make things happen, bad government just takes your money.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Free health care is the norm to a degree in my own nation as it should be in the US.

Long may it remain so, although that may be wishful thinking on my part.

Everyone should be responsible and accountable for there actions, but there has to be some form of social safety net else 100,000s of people die each year in both our nations.

What do you mean by bad habits?

If you mean drugs i say legalize the lot introduce quality control and taxation, thus remove the criminal element and use the profits for people who need help. There are linearly 100s of billions to be made there really.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

“I have a human right to be selfish.... I mean I’m still gonna use all the roads, utilities and emergency services mind you, but me throw in?!?? Never!”
Lol
edit on 18-8-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join