It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Jury Sent Home Scared

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Heh...

You still think that CNN are lefties...

The propaganda has worked on you fantastically. What the media does is no reflection on the left at all. The media is an entity which exists for the purpose of making money, and no entity which exists for that purpose, or any purpose so shoddy, represents or can be used as a measure of "the left". The left as a concept and as a movement includes and is based on the notion, that things should not be done ONLY because they are right to do, not because they will be profitable.

Whenever you see the influence of money over righteousness, you see the work of conservative ideals. Whenever you see the truth uttered despite the ruinous cost of doing so, you see the liberal ideal at work. If you are seeing dollar signs and dodgy deals, you are not seeing the left or anyone who has ever known what it means to be a part of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Heh...

You still think that CNN are lefties...

The propaganda has worked on you fantastically. What the media does is no reflection on the left at all. The media is an entity which exists for the purpose of making money, and no entity which exists for that purpose, or any purpose so shoddy, represents or can be used as a measure of "the left". The left as a concept and as a movement includes and is based on the notion, that things should not be done ONLY because they are right to do, not because they will be profitable.

Whenever you see the influence of money over righteousness, you see the work of conservative ideals. Whenever you see the truth uttered despite the ruinous cost of doing so, you see the liberal ideal at work. If you are seeing dollar signs and dodgy deals, you are not seeing the left or anyone who has ever known what it means to be a part of it.

Right about the media being profit but wrong about the agenda. Once they get used to the high life, they seem willing to sell their own mothers for a DJT audio.If they are willing to lose that big house and the ice boat they own, they know they better do what the script says!

"kick em when their up kick em when their down..kick em all around..... we need dirty Laundry"

edit on 20-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Again, the mark of leftist beliefs being held by a person, is that they do not care whether they have a big house, only whether they have somewhere survivable to live at all. They do not care for profits, they only care to have enough to live on without killing themselves in order to get it. If you get the impression that an action is being made for financial motivations, to protect a persons status or ritzy standard of living, then you can be certain that the motivation is nothing to do with any pretense of left leaning that the individual concerned might profess to.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Again, the mark of leftist beliefs being held by a person, is that they do not care whether they have a big house, only whether they have somewhere survivable to live at all. They do not care for profits, they only care to have enough to live on without killing themselves in order to get it. If you get the impression that an action is being made for financial motivations, to protect a persons status or ritzy standard of living, then you can be certain that the motivation is nothing to do with any pretense of left leaning that the individual concerned might profess to.

Right about it. The term Hitler and Stalin used for these people was "Useful Idiots". Then we learn they were all killed to protect the 'government'.

I rest my case.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The thing is, those who have been distracted from reality by the fruits of their exploitation of the people, must be very useful to the government, regardless of which side they happen to allege to be on. Their self interest is idiotic however, because to fail to understand that while one suffers, all suffer, whether they know it or not, is deeply stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
A jury of peers, but no one knows who they are?

There is a long history, both by tradition and law, of the identity of jurors being made public. Certainly, in some cases, it is prudent not to do so while a trial is in progress. Since threats have been made (apparently), this is certainly such a case.

Manafort's criminal history involves illicit payments to a UK Law Firm that was retained by the Deposed Former Leader (fled to Russia) of Ukraine to conduct an "independent" investigation into an democratic opposition leader that was challenging Putin's installed leader there at the time.

Lawyer Pleads Guilty to Lying in Russia Probe Case

A London-based lawyer (Alex Van der Zwaan) pleaded guilty Tuesday to lying to U.S. investigators about his contacts with Rick Gates, a former campaign aide to President Donald Trump
Van der Zwaan was working for Skadden
The law firm had been hired by the Ukraine justice ministry in 2012 to prepare a report justifying the prosecution of former Ukraine Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, who had been convicted of embezzlement and abuse of power and imprisoned, but was later cleared of the charges.

www.voanews.com...

Manafort was able to orchestrate and coordinate the false prosecution and imprisonment a former Ukranian Prime Minister that was challenging the Putin Puppet there he helped install.

She spent years in prison en.wikipedia.org...

Just saying, compared to THAT, threatening or paying off a couple Jurors is small potatoes compared to what he has done before. He has the resources of Putin's criminal billionaire Russian Oligarchs working behind the scenes to assist him outright or otherwise ding the Special Counsel's momentum.

If I was a juror, I would worry about me and my families safety as well.

If I was Mueller, I would be watching banking transactions on all the jurors from now going forward to 12 months.

edit on 20-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The left as a concept and as a movement includes and is based on the notion, that things should not be done ONLY because they are right to do, not because they will be profitable.

Well, I guess supporting the abortion of 60 million unborn babies since Roe vs Wade was just the right thing to do, huh?

Sorry, but virtually everything you've written about 'the left as a movement' on this page is nonsense. It's linear, single-strand liberal theory, with emphasis on the 'theory', as in 'not how things actually work in the real world'.

I taught theory at a university for a few years, and what you say completely ignored many principles of liberalism, as well as the fact that there are many strands of 'pure' liberalism, and that virtually every country and culture has its own variation of 'pure' liberalism.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Just saying, compared to THAT, threatening or paying off a couple Jurors is small potatoes compared to what he has done before. He has the resources of Putin's criminal billionaire Russian Oligarchs working behind the scenes to assist him outright or otherwise ding the Special Counsel's momentum.

That is pure, unadulterated non-sense.

You don't have a shred of proof to back up any of that.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Yes, abortion is right.

Consider the alternative. The child is born, but the mother and father cannot feed it because they have no money, or they have not the stability necessary, but its born anyway, because right wingers.

Then, what becomes of the child? Does it starve because right wingers hate social programs? Does it get sent to child services to be potentially abused by every third person they come in contact with? And what happens when that kid grows up to be an adult with severe abandonment issues, or psychological disorders having to do with growing up in a society that hated them before they were even born, simply for being born poor?

What happens then? What, they should be born just so they can be victimised by the same insane government that has been messing with their parents?

No! Nonsense! Unless the social welfare system is opened up so that NO ONE SUFFERS, regardless of their economic circumstances.

Or another example, should a woman have to halt her life progress because she got pregnant? No. If she feels its not the time to have children and do parenting, she should be able to put her self first, continue her professional or other progress toward goals, WITH NO ONES INTERFERENCE OR OPINIONS BEING INSERTED INTO HER LIFE WITHOUT HER PERMISSION OR INVITATION!

Wind your neck out of the business of these people, and go and learn some damned humility.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: soberbacchus

You don't have a shred of proof to back up any of that.

The expression is "shred of evidence" not "shred of proof".

Proof is simply proof. It does not come shreds.

And yes, there is clear and indisputable proof that Alex Van der Zwaan, who pled guilty to lying to the FBI, while working for the law firm Skadden, conspired with Gates and Manafort to falsify an investigative report into the opposition leader at the time, former Ukraine Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko and that report was used to imprison her in Ukraine for years before she was exonerated.

There is also clear and indisputable proof that Manafort worked closely with Sanctioned Russian Oligarchs who have been indicted by the FBI for criminal activity including interference in the 2016 election. Manafort even shared control of shell companies with one of them and offered a private briefing on Trump's progress in the Presidential campaign.

I think you would benefit doing some minimum research in the facts.

let me know if you would like some help or links.

edit on 21-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Going to be a Hung Jury

Just not the kind CNN wanted
edit on 21-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: add

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They just set a note to the judge that they have reached a verdict.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
They just set a note to the judge that they have reached a verdict.

A verdict on 8 out of 18 counts.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes. They said that as I was looking for this thread but I couldn't remember the number once I did find it so I was waiting for them to come back again. Lol .
edit on 8212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm not that familiar with the case but I believe these are charges related to tax fraud that occurred 13 years ago?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's a link

Jurors have reached a verdict on eight counts in the trial of President Donald Trump's former campaign chief, Paul Manafort.

In a note to U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis, the jurors said they had not reached a consensus on the 10 remaining counts in the bank fraud and tax crimes trial.

Manafort, 69, faces another federal trial next month in Washington, D.C., which also stems from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign. www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wonder if we will hear what it was and which counts they have settled tonight?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
CNN employee's are working willingly. Juror's are not

Wrong jurors are public servants doing their Civic duty. CNN reporters are paid thugs doing drive by media.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hopelessly deadlocked on ten counts.
Verdict on remaining eight will be announced.
edit on 8212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Guilty of counts 1-5

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join