It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Jury Sent Home Scared

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

my opinion is that any juror, regardless of the importance or public interest in the trial should have the right to not have their participation known to the public without any reason or justification being given for the refusal. if the judge or court system can't live with that, then they should just opt to relieve the person from jury duty.
but once threats are made, then, no those names should not be revealed.. not even after the trial is ended and the sentence is passed on.
my problem is with people calling out just the left media... when I would wager to bet that fox and friends and the rest are probably just as interested in finding out who these people are as the cnns and such. of course, maybe they are the ones following the jurors home and finding out outside of the legal means so they didn't have to ask the judge for anything.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree with most of that, I think we need to review the whole Juror process as it stands today. I'm aware Fox is no Angel, But recently the left media is acting in an irresponsible way. I believe Knowledge is Power, and CNN mainly has just simply told lies and directed unwarranted hate at the President. Like him or not that's irresponsible in my opinion. The knowledge many people are carrying around as a truth is a lie. When people's knowledge is an angry lie, what they do with their power can be dangerous.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The knowledge many people are carrying around as a truth is a lie.
Indeed.

You've seen who submitted the motion. It wasn't just CNN.

I wonder why Fox didn't participate in a motion to release more of the evidence presented. Don't you? Do you think the evidence is a lie?

edit on 8/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You assume that insulting CNN is advocating for FOX, Incorrect. I don't like either, CNN is FAR worse however

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I did not assume that.

Nor did I assume that you think the administration tells the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Maybe you did not, I'm just used to having to clarify that

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

fox news doesn't have to act too irresponsibly, they have alex jones and friends to do that!!

Gene Rosen, a Newtown resident who was reported to have sheltered six Sandy Hook students and a bus driver in his home during the shooting, has been subject to harassment online alleging he was complicit in a government coverup,[54] among other things.[55] Some journalists have cited such incidents as part of a "Sandy Hook Truther Movement" analogous to the 9/11 Truth movement.[43][56][45] A writer for the Calgary Herald reported that the movement self-identifies as "Operation Terror."[51]

In May 2014, 28-year-old Andrew David Truelove stole a memorial sign from playgrounds dedicated to victims Grace McDonnell and Chase Kowalski.[57] He then went on to call the parents of Grace McDonnell, proclaiming that he stole the sign and that he believed their deaths were a "hoax".[58] He was arrested on May 30, and the signs were found in his home.[59] Truelove was convicted of the theft and sentenced to 12 months in prison.[60]

Robbie Parker, the father of victim Emilie Parker – after doing a CNN interview on the day after the shooting – became the target of conspiracy theorists, who claimed the interview was staged.[61] Parker has been attacked by theorists who believe he is a "crisis actor" and was "getting into character" before going on CNN to grieve over the loss of his child.[61]

In April 2016, Matthew Mills, a 32-year-old man from Brooklyn, accepted a plea agreement with prosecutors on one count of interfering with police arising from an incident in November 2015, when Mills angrily approached the sister of murdered teacher Victoria Soto—who is regarded as a heroine for her attempt to protect her students from the shooter in the Sandy Hook attack—shoved a photograph in her face, "and began angrily charging that not only did the Sandy Hook tragedy not take place, but that Victoria Soto never existed."[62][63] Mills entered an Alford plea and was thus found guilty; he was given a suspended sentence of one year in jail and two years' probation.[62]

In December 2016, Lucy Richards, a 57-year-old woman from Tampa, was charged with four counts of transmitting threats in interstate commerce for sending death threats to Lenny Pozner, whose son Noah was the youngest of 20 children murdered.[64][65] Pozner has been particularly targeted by Internet trolls and conspiracy theorists because he has vocally fought back against them.[66] Richards had been expected to plead guilty to one count of transmitting threats, with both the prosecution and defense to recommend a sentence of probation and house arrest. However, in March 2017, Richards—who was free on bond—failed to show up to court for a change-of-plea hearing and sentencing. An arrest warrant was issued, Richards' bond was revoked, and she was soon apprehended.[67] On June 7, 2017, Richards was sentenced to five months' imprisonment.[68]

Lenny Pozner, the father of Sandy Hook victim Noah Pozner, founded an organization called HONR, which takes legal action against harassers of Sandy Hook survivors and families.[69]

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't actually own a tv so I don't really watch much news from CNN or MSNBC except video clips from you tube. but, I don't think their coverage has even come close the the crap that is being put out by some of the right talking heads as far as lies and danger.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
CNN’s intimidation tactics have been well-established over the years.

After President Trump tweeted out a short video (or GIF) mocking CNN last July, the last-place cable channel launched a jihad against the GIF’s creator with the public threat to dox (expose this person’s personal information to online mobs) if he is ever again caught criticizing the network.

In February, CNN sent one of its reporters and a TV crew to dox and humiliate an elderly Trump supporter who might have unwittingly promoted a post-election event “coordinated by the Russians.” It worked. Afterwards, she was abused and threatened online.

In 2013, CNN led the mob in a campaign to destroy the career of a local rodeo clown who performed while wearing an Obama mask. During the previous administration, this same rodeo clown had performed in a George W. Bush mask.

Also in 2013, CNN broadcast the social security number of George Zimmerman, the Hispanic man who shot Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

CNN’s overall behavior during the Zimmerman case (he was acquitted) revealed the network’s desperation for a conviction in that case. Among other things, CNN fabricated evidence against Zimmerman, falsely described the Hispanic man as “white,” and spread the fake news that Zimmerman was motivated by racial prejudice, though the evidence showed the exact opposite.

Even more disturbing was CNN’s coming out this week to legitimize violence against Trump supporters.

Wisely, the judge overseeing the Manafort trial, U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis, who says threats against him require his own round-the-clock security detail, declined CNN’s request to out the jurors.

Nevertheless, many still see the move as a desperate attempt on CNN’s part to intimidate the jury, primarily because the media showed no interest in knowing the names and home addresses of the jury during the 13-day trial.

It was only after deliberations began and the jury started asking questions about the meaning of “reasonable doubt” that the media sued to out the names and home addresses of these private citizens.

The timing is also suspect because CNN and its left-wing confederates did not wait until after the verdict to request this information. In other words, this is not a sequestered jury, and as we head into a weekend break from deliberations, jurors are almost certain to learn that these powerful anti-Trump outlets are hunting them down.

How can that not be intimidating?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Alex Jones is a joke

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Indeed. Yet he seems to have an audience.

I made do with other sources for news. But I kept an eye on Infowars and its proprietor, Alex Jones, who is a conspiracy theorist and radio talk-show host in Austin, Texas. Jones’s guest on his show the morning of the shooting had been, as chance would have it, Donald Trump. Jones had praised Trump, claiming that ninety per cent of his listeners were Trump supporters, and Trump had returned the favor, saying, “Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down.”

www.newyorker.com...

Sad.

Or, scary?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Trump's a nice guy so what

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

No he isn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No he isn't.
I think he is a decent enough guy, whose character has been assassinated continuously for a few years now. He makes mistakes, and gets no breaks.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FingerMan
Depends. His base gives him a hell of a lot of breaks. As does Congress.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Manafort trial Day 14: Jury 'scared' as it heads home without a verdict

That is a mistrial.

They are suppose to stay sequestered until a verdict is reached.

No one can argue with that considering how high profile it's been.

Not necessarily. I was on a trial where we were sent home and told not to read the local paper or watch News. It depends on the situation and the Judge can make the call IMO.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

A jury of peers, but no one knows who they are?

There is a long history, both by tradition and law, of the identity of jurors being made public. Certainly, in some cases, it is prudent not to do so while a trial is in progress. Since threats have been made (apparently), this is certainly such a case.

An article from 1999.

Slightly more than twenty years ago in United States v. Barnes, a federal trial judge in the Southern District of New York empaneled the first fully anonymous jury in American his- tory.

scholarship.law.stjohns.edu...

Peers being a loose term, I think. On a case by case basis their should be room for protecting the Jurors. The defendant and his Attorney get to help pic the Jury and the DA gets a say also and that makes it fair for the defendant. I too think this is a good case to protect the Jury.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

a reply to: FingerMan
Depends. His base gives him a hell of a lot of breaks. As does Congress.

They do but he has brought a lot of us Libertarians to his cause. I wanted others by far but HRC was dead last on my list and DJT was the only viable option. Glad we got him now as his policy's are helping the poor working class find jobs and have helped improved all of our lives for the better by helping us see who the real haters were all along. Now that we see who they are we can act accordingly. No they are not the so called right wingers either.
edit on 19-8-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

A Libertarian who is in favor of a massive increase in the federal deficit? That could be LINO.

Employment rates have been increasing at a rather steady rate for a number of years. Including those BT.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Yeah and if having your mug on tv is not bad enough local printers print busted papers every week with all the current arrests and mugshots from that area.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Interesting thread development.
The left wing media , during jury deliberations no less, decide to leave the proverbial horses head on the pillows of the jurors in order to frighten them into the decision the left wants.... but somehow we got into Fox News and Alex Jones.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join