It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Jury Sent Home Scared

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Don't forget schools..

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Grimpachi

The underlying issue as I stated is the intimidation of INNOCENT people. thanks for your thoughts though.

There is no intimidation if you use your common sense and just a tiny bit of time to look up if this is common you will see requests for info is standard procedure for news agencies.

Breitbart knows that unless they are complete idiots. The issue is Brietbart lieing and you reselling the story.

No intimidation/Common sense, You aloof leftists. Their is no way the names and addresses we're ever going to be released. CNN and the 6 other Left news agencies knew that. So why do you suppose it was requested? I know I know it's the NORM right. That's the only thing you said that was correct. It is in fact the norm for journalist's with a biased view on a case to request name's and addresses of INNOCENT people, for one simple reason. To try and intimidate them into getting the verdict they want. Spin it all you want, It's amazing what inappropriate things I've witnessed people accept or call the norm lately, all in a desperate attempt to avoid the truth. Which is you lost/she lost/bernie lost and theirs no changing that. Defend MS-13 or go do another thread about Disney trolling trump

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
According to courtroom witnesses, the unnamed juror (Judge T.S. Ellis has pointedly refused to release information about the jury citing “threats” made against him) delivered a note to Ellis, explaining that they have an unspecified “event” this evening, so can they please all just pack up and head home at 5pm.

-----

CNN requests the personal info of the jurors to be released-they don't get it-then the judge get's threatened-then the jurors want to leave early to attend an unspecified event. This is the Norm folks get used to it, and pray you don't get called for jury duty in a high profile case. Thoroughly Disgusted with the Media. I'm willing to bet some of those "unspecified event's" included putting their families in hotel room's, making sure their security systems and camera's we're working properly, sitting down with wife/husband and kids to go over a plan if they are confronted by a member of the media. Sick

splinternews.com...
edit on 19-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: link

edit on 19-8-2018 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sabrechucker

What makes you think it wouldn't be a fair trial. Seems pretty cut and dried. Defense didn't even present any evidence or witnesses.
Paper and math is pretty hard to argue against.
I don't believe anyone was threatened. I think breitbart is up to its divisive self making stuff up to get people angry.
There wouldn't be any reason for anyone to threaten them. Since there's little chance of acquittal with the evidence presented only the right would have an interest in swaying the jury to aquit. Think about that.

I thought about that....and shouldn't have. I'm worse off for it. why would the defense present witnesses? You don't believe anyone was threatened? sorry silly, but I believe a sitting Federal judge's on the record statement over your un sourced "Theory" Little chance for acquittal? at the minimum it's 50/50 and the longer a jury deliberates the better for the defense.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Obviously you think the same, otherwise you wouldn't be bitching about it while doing it too and trying to justify it.[/quotep

Please Enlighten me, what on Earth are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Just Wow.... hard to believe this even for the MSM. The threat of release of a jurors name and address is blatant attempt of jury tampering / threatening to me anyway. No way in hell I would want to be on a jury where the news media would make my life hell if I came back with a decision they didn't like.

www.cnn.com...

The judge presiding over the trial of Paul Manafort said he's received "threats" and is not willing to disclose jurors' names and addresses requested by media outlets.

"I don't feel right if I release their names," Judge T.S. Ellis said.

Ellis did not disclose details about the threats in a hearing Friday. But he said it was enough to make him wary of making the 12 jurors and four alternates' names public. The jury has not yet reached a verdict and is currently deliberating for the second day.

"I've received criticism and threats. I'd imagine they would to," he told an attorney representing seven media organizations at a hearing Friday.
"I had no idea myself this case would arouse such public interest. I still am surprised," Ellis said.

He added that the US Marshals Service follows him everywhere, even to his hotel — which he presumably stays in when court is in session because he lives outside of Northern Virginia. The jurors don't have that protection, and Ellis even keeps secret the name of his hotel, he said.

He also noted that making the jurors' names public in such a high-profile case could chill future potential jurors in similarly watched cases from wanting to serve.

The media attorney, Matthew Kelley from the law firm Ballard Spahr, argued that the appeals court governing the area says juror names should be made public except in special circumstances.

See silly you we're right...Threats what Threats...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Read your post then read my reply to it. My reply was a response to that particular post. Easy.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea I did, makes no sense

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

This is where all the hate has led us. I continually hear the left scream and whine about, how dangerous the current administration is. Yet, once again their own hypocrisy has eluded them. 12 INNOCENT people are scared, for doing a civil service they are required to do.

??????????????

What makes you think it is people on the "left" that is scaring this Jury?

To the contrary, the prosecution has given a virtual slam dunk case with exhaustive and damning evidence.

It would appear that only those demanding Manafort be exonerated despite the damning evidence would have motive to threaten the jury.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What makes you think it wouldn't be a fair trial. Seems pretty cut and dried. Defense didn't even present any evidence or witnesses.
Paper and math is pretty hard to argue against.
I don't believe anyone was threatened. I think breitbart is up to its divisive self making stuff up to get people angry.
There wouldn't be any reason for anyone to threaten them. Since there's little chance of acquittal with the evidence presented only the right would have an interest in swaying the jury to aquit. Think about that.

at the minimum it's 50/50 and the longer a jury deliberates the better for the defense.

Not at all.

The Jury is deliberating no less than 18 separate charges and must methodically come to conclusion on each charge.

The charges include bank fraud, bank fraud conspiracy, false income tax returns, and failure to report foreign bank or financial assets, and many others and Manafort has pleaded not guilty to all of them.

The Jury must decide on each of those 18 separate charges.

Nothing unusual about them taking a few days at the least to work through the 18 charges and associated evidence.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

What utter Bull#. I hope they pay you enough to push fake news.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A jury of peers, but no one knows who they are?

There is a long history, both by tradition and law, of the identity of jurors being made public. Certainly, in some cases, it is prudent not to do so while a trial is in progress. Since threats have been made (apparently), this is certainly such a case.

An article from 1999.

Slightly more than twenty years ago in United States v. Barnes, a federal trial judge in the Southern District of New York empaneled the first fully anonymous jury in American his- tory.

scholarship.law.stjohns.edu...

edit on 8/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Maybe friend and family telling them? You can´t be that dense, unless intentionally to not have to admit how ## wrong this all is.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
why is it that the right is making such a big deal of this, while the left is just kind of shrugging their shoulders with an oh well, it was worth a try attitude???
could it be that the right was hoping to get their hands on the names and addresses so good ole alex and friends to blast them all over the internet with their fake news if the court rules against manifort???

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Not People on the left, the left media.

CNN Just Sued The Government To Get The Names And Addresses Of Manafort Jurors
The anti-Trump cable news network has a long history of doxxing threats and harassment.
AUGUST 17, 2018 By Bre Payton
In a motion filed in federal court on Thursday, CNN and several other media outlets requested that the court release the names and home addresses of all jurors in the Paul Manafort fraud case. Jurors haven not yet rendered a verdict on any of the 18 charges against Manafort, who briefly served as President Donald Trump’s campaign manager in 2016.

The motion — filed on behalf of CNN, Washington Post, BuzzFeed, POLITICO, New York Times, NBC Universal, and the Associated Press — asks the court to provide to the media organizations the full names and home addresses of the men and women who were summoned and selected by the federal government to serve as jurors in Manafort’s fraud case.
thefederalist.com...
---

Seriously, why do they need the home address. Who here would be ok with that if it was you

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The reasoning is explained in the motion. Did you read it? It is quite common practice for such information to be made public.

But the point is moot. The judge denied the motion and gave his reason for doing so. Remember? We'll see what happens when the trial is complete.

edit on 8/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think Manafort is a bum as I stated in my OP, let the Jurors determine his fate I don't care. My problem is with the left media and their tactics, the reason they have the "it was worth a try attitude" is they knew they wouldn't get the info released in the first place. They simply wanted to send a message. Also, I am no fan of Fox news. All MSM lies to us and divides us.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So, you didn't read the motion. It involves more than jurors.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I am actually reading it now

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I didn't read all 35 pages but, I will go back and finish. Interesting read so far and I understand it is to protect more than jurors

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join