It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel....his writings yep prophecy were for time near and clear till what he called end times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: KansasGirl

No. That's not right at all. Try 1600 bc. You're actually 1000 years off. Jeez dude. What a bad representation of us believers

No. The Old Testament was most definitely not completed in 1600 BC. Is that what you are saying, dude?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Ok...but "the rapture" wasn't even a "thing" until about a hundred years ago when some guy proposed the idea. There is a mention of being "changed." but this whole "The Rapture" thing is an INTERPRETATION and some would argue not even a good one at that.

People get to be be positive assholes when it comes to eschatology. They read some things one way and then find the other things that back up their INTERPRETATION and then run around telling everyone else who doesn't agree that "yeah but look at Daniel" and "the 79th week is blah blah blah after the blah blah blah" and the thing is that YES, you can easily textually support ALL of the major and seemingly OPPOSITE interpretation of how the end times will happen.

Here is what Believers need to agree on: Jesus Christ is the Son of the One Almighty God, he lived on Earth, was crucified and died, and was raised from the dead on the third day.

That's pretty much what we need to agree on. Everything else is shades of interpretation and we shouldn't be smug snide arrogant assholes thinking that WE are the only ones who have figured out this mystery or that mystery.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Padding out by steering.......coming up gradual like....Good eye, I'm a teacher

Hehe, that's why I asked a question at the end, good eye, are you in Ariz? That place is magical

tby]edit on 18-8-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

Negative sir AR-ARkansas AZ-AriZona. I was a teachers worst nightmare.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

When it comes to the rapture youi have to look at these 2 prophesies and see how they fit together. And you have to ask the question. Where did all the people come from after the 6th seal is opened?

Matthew 24

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 6

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 7

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
edit on 19-8-2018 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i do wonder why does God have to warn man about his coming? why not surprise us...?

or why didn't God choose a better method of communication instead of texts since 99.999% of the population 5000 years ago couldn't read...

First, He WILL surprise us. Not even Jesus himself knows the hour of his return...only God does.

Now is the time!!!!!!!!!!

But because you think you live in time.................you will miss him and deny him.

Always right here and right now...............life is alive now, not in time. God is not in time!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Paul said the mystery was revealed to him.....and we would know the time and to encourage one another....cool huh

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.
The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.
Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.
Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

It is only when you are free form wanting anything other than what there is, that the mystery will reveal itself.

edit on 19-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I've sent you PM. Click on the letter icon in the upper right corner of the page. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i do wonder why does God have to warn man about his coming? why not surprise us...?

or why didn't God choose a better method of communication instead of texts since 99.999% of the population 5000 years ago couldn't read...

First, He WILL surprise us. Not even Jesus himself knows the hour of his return...only God does.

Now is the time!!!!!!!!!!

But because you think you live in time.................you will miss him and deny him.

Always right here and right now...............life is alive now, not in time. God is not in time!

Gag me.

You're the only one who won't miss it, because you figured out that time isn't real. You don't suppose that maybe God created the dimension of time? Didn't he create the world we live in? But since God isn't bound by time, then he couldn't create time?

You're one of the people I referred to in my last post. You're the WORST of the eschatology people in fact, because you claim that other Christians who don't believe exactly as you aren't saved. If it weren't un-Christian of me, I would tell you to shove it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

And you have to consider that maybe the book of Revelation isn't meant to be read chronologically.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The multitude of Revelation 7 comes from somewhere. And they weren't there at the start of the ceremony.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
The answer to that question is in Ephesians.
Once the "144,000" had been "sealed with the promised Holy Spirit" (Ephesians ch1 v13), they were simultaneously "sitting with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians ch2 v6).
This is what Jesus means when he says that "little ones who believe in me" should not be despised, because their angels (i.e. their spiritual representatives) "always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew ch18 v10).
Those who belong to Christ are on earth and in heaven at the same time, and that is the case of the "sealed" of ch7.

edit on 20-8-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You're one of the people I referred to in my last post. You're the WORST of the eschatology people in fact, because you claim that other Christians who don't believe exactly as you aren't saved. If it weren't un-Christian of me, I would tell you to shove it.

No one will ever be saved.
Because there isn't anything separate.

God is 'holy'.........as in whole.

The concept of time appears now.......................nothing can appear outside now.

Isn't now whole and complete in itself?
The presence of the Lord God Almighty is never not here.

edit on 20-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Ok...but "the rapture" wasn't even a "thing" until about a hundred years ago when some guy proposed the idea. There is a mention of being "changed." but this whole "The Rapture" thing is an INTERPRETATION and some would argue not even a good one at that.

The rapture is about 'you' being lifted away from the world.
The thing is there is no 'you' separate from what there actually is......................'you' as a 'thing' separate to all that is, is nothing but an assumption.
It can be realised/recognised.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The answer to that question is in Ephesians.
Once the "144,000" had been "sealed with the promised Holy Spirit" (Ephesians ch1 v13), they were simultaneously "sitting with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians ch2 v6).
This is what Jesus means when he says that "little ones who believe in me" should not be despised, because their angels (i.e. their spiritual representatives) "always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew ch18 v10).
Those who belong to Christ are on earth and in heaven at the same time, and that is the case of the "sealed" of ch7.

Little ones have no capacity to 'believe' anything...................that's the point. Little ones actually see what is right in front of their faces....so are not divided from God.
It is the belief in time...........in other than what there is that divides men from God...and makes them believe there is some 'thing' other than what there actually is.
Nothing is divided...............there are no things...............there is simply this that always IS. The present, the gift of life itself.

Has anyone ever manged to escape the present? Maybe it is 'sealed'.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
You don't actually believe in this meaningless whaffle. If you did, you wouldn't bother proclaiming it, because there would be no point in trying to convince people who don't exist.
The very fact that you expend energy in posting contradicts everything you say.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Do babes and the very young have any capacity to believe?
Or do they simply see and hear?

And then they learn the language of men.................they are taught about time.
The very young have no concepts............only the non conceptual seeing, hearing, taste and touch.............sensational life.

No concept can arise outside the non conceptual.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Has any thing ever been separate from the present?

When do you see? Now. What do you see? Now.
When is that not the case?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

How are little children different from grown up humans?
How can you change and be 'like' little children?

What do you have that little children don't have?
Concepts, words, language.

Language is devisive ..............it divides what IS into before and after.....and the concept of time appears.

How can you be separate if there is nothing but what there is?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join