It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr CIA Director JOHN BRENNAN Considering Legal Action To Get His Security Clearance Restored.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Because Trump is using national security as a political weapon.

It seems to me that Brennan is no different. He's not acting like a professional here. He's making the rounds blabbering accusations to the liberal news networks like a partisan political hack.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: generik

why should anyone, regardless of who they are retain any security clearances at all when they are no longer in the job that requires those security clearances?

Because the government may need their expertise. They might need to act as a consultant or head a special committee. Brennan was a station chief, and may have retained important contacts in the Arab world that might be of use to the administration. Apparently that is less important to Trump than his ego.

Negative, since he held a high clearance level he can be read in based off a decision made by the people in charge of whatever he is being brought back to assist with.

A clearance can be revoked or denied for almost anything, I was relegated to just a secret clearance because of speeding tickets when I joined the military. Brennan has been acting more like a hostile actor than a former top intelligence officer that is more than enough legal reason to remove his clearance.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Great link. I know someone *cough* sillyolme *cough* who should pay attention to this particular part...

Rep. Trey Gowdy on Thursday read FBI Director James Comey a series of statements made by Hillary Clinton about her private email setup and asked if the agency head would say whether each were true.

"Secretary Clinton said she never sent or received classified information over her private email. Was that true?" the South Carolina Republican asked at the outset.

Comey said that statement was false.

"Secretary Clinton said, 'I did not email any classified material to anyone on my email, there is no classified material.' That was true?" Gowdy asked.

"There was classified email," Comey replied.

Gowdy continued: "Secretary Clinton said she used just one device. Was that true?"

"She used multiple devices during the four years of her term as secretary of state," the FBI director said.

"Secretary Clinton said all work-related emails were returned to the State Department," Gowdy said.

"No," Comey replied. "We found thousands that were not returned."

"Secretary Clinton said neither she nor anyone else deleted work related emails from her personal account. Was that true?" Gowdy asked.

Comey said that question was "harder" to answer, but that "work-related emails" were discovered in "slack space."

"Whether they were deleted or a server was changed out, something happened to them. There's no doubt that the work-related emails that were removed electronically from the email system," he said.

Gowdy had one final question: "Secretary Clinton said her lawyers read every one of the emails and were overly inclusive. Did her lawyers read the email content individually?"

"No," Comey said.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It looks like local ABC/CBS/NBC affiliates are being told to make John Brennan's "possibly illegal" revocation of his security clearance, the #1 story. In Chicago it came before a local toddler being murdered, 2 children drowning, and a shoot-out with 7 people wounded.

Brennan's loss of clearance is the latest turn in a constitutional crisis.

Wow. Just two short years ago when I started posting here, you were at least a respectable poster even if I disagreed with you. Now you're reduced to peddling this kind of crap I'd expect to hear from Rachel Maddow.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

It looks like local ABC/CBS/NBC affiliates are being told to make John Brennan's "possibly illegal" revocation of his security clearance, the #1 story. In Chicago it came before a local toddler being murdered, 2 children drowning, and a shoot-out with 7 people wounded.

Brennan's loss of clearance is the latest turn in a constitutional crisis.

Wow. Just two short years ago when I started posting here, you were at least a respectable poster even if I disagreed with you. Now you're reduced to peddling this kind of crap I'd expect to hear from Rachel Maddow.

This is one of the very interesting symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

It is causing those who don't like/hate/despise Trump to completely abandon all rational and logical thought processes to the point of psycho babble and drooling. Just like John Brennan is doing now.

Trump haters now only respond to "Trigger words" like trained parrots do. These trigger words also cause hypnotic effects and reduce the mental capacities of trump haters to a semi animal state, where only simple instincts keep the person functioning enough to survive each day.

edit on 19-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Over the last two years we have seen the attempted Coup D'état by members of the US Government. Regardless of your political affiliation this has been the lowest point in US history.

Brennan was the person in charge of warning the elected president of this effort! He did not! He chose too lend his support to the unelected candidate. This made him complicit in that illegal effort by doing nothing or even openly supporting that effort.

It is NOT about free speech. No one has stopped him from his CNN, MSNBC or any other public appearance. What has done was to make any information coming to him by leakers illegal! Leaking classified information is an illegal act.

By removing his clearance, he can not infer that he has privileged inside information to impart to the viewing public. It stops him from muddying the waters of available information. It is now just his opinion and anything else may be illegal for him to divulge.

Brennan's action is growing desperate. He uses the word treason and other very strong words when describing Trump. I believe he knows his part in the coup is going to be exposed soon. He will, most likely, spend years in jail or commit suicide with a shot to the back of his head.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Proof beyond any doubt that Brennan is a mental case.

He needs to be in a treatment program.

And just think....he was CIA Director !!!!

💥Sun💥😃💥Burn💥

It makes you wonder what abilities were in consideration when Obama picked his team.

He sure didn't picked the smart ones.

Neither the non-corrupts.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This may be a little of the given topic, but it has got me wondering.

What is the current status of security clearances for Bill and Hillary Clinton, Huma, Comey,and Mueller ?

I think they all have shown some questionable actions of late, and wonder if they still have the same access as they had in the past ??

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Because the government may need their expertise.

Nop.

No, but thank you. The government is doing GREAT without him, Clapper, Comey, or any other former """expertise""".

They might need to act as a consultant

They are already acting as a consultant for the CNN. Please go away with that crappy BS you're trying to sell.

Won't even quote the rest of your post because it doesn't worth my time.
edit on 20/8/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The President confirms today, some of what I asked about in the O.P.

"I hope John Brennan, the worst CIA Director in our country’s history, brings a lawsuit," the president tweeted Monday morning.

"It will then be very easy to get all of his records, texts, emails and documents to show not only the poor job he did, but how he was involved with the Mueller Rigged Witch Hunt. He won’t sue!"
Source: www.politico.com...
edit on 8/20/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Shoot, even Clapper recently criticized un-hinged Brennan.

He's making extreme claims without providing a shred of evidence to back them up.

Being of strong moral character is a requirement for getting a security clearance, and pushing baseless & dangerous claims like "treason" he shows he cannot be trusted with our nation's secrets. He's a liability. This isn't some TDS unhinged anonymous commentator making these claims, this is the former CIA director and he needs to be held accountable for his claims (much like Adam Schiff, Feinstein, etc)

If they have evidence the rest of us don't they should take it to the special counsel. Otherwise, they need to pony up and admit they were doing nothing more than pushing their own opinion not backed by any substantial fact.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
a reply to: Lysergic

edit on 21-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Brennan and Clapper worked in unison to keep President-elect Trump blind to the Dossier's existence.

“Comey has said publicly that he wanted to make sure President Obama and Trump knew about the dossier. Comey decided to attach it to the IC (Intelligence Community) assessment. There was even talk of including it as part of the IC assessment but Brennan (and Clapper) in fact were the ones who didn’t allow the dossier to be part of the it,
saraacarter.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Being of strong moral character is a requirement for getting a security clearance,

Then why does Trump have one?

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Why wou!d 'any' employee retain access to the data from their former position?
After what the Clinton's did all clearances should be revoked once they step out the door.
You don't get to keep the keys to the building when you get fired from a job.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Brenan has the attitude of a spoiled little Boss Baby! LOL!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Because Trump, and NOT Hillary, is President!
edit on 21-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join