It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr CIA Director JOHN BRENNAN Considering Legal Action To Get His Security Clearance Restored.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Forget it , John Brennan has Lost the Ability to Keep Certain Information he is Privy to SECRET . By his Own Actions , he has now become a National Security RISK , and Must be Cut Off from doing further Harm by Shooting his Mouth Off about Sensitive Information to the MSM .

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Forget it , John Brennan has Lost the Ability to Keep Certain Information he is Privy to SECRET . By his Own Actions , he has now become a National Security RISK , and Must be Cut Off from doing further Harm by Shooting his Mouth Off about Sensitive Information to the MSM .

It's suspected that John Brennan has broken laws, in addition to leaking classified information. A FOIA lawsuit has been filed to obtain certain Brennan e-mails and text messages from 2016.

Source: saraacarter.com...

edit on 8/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Awww, what a big baby, but but but mah clearance whaaaaaaaa

hahah get #ed ya geezer.

Anyone defending anyone in the CIA ROFLMAOUIDIOT

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's disgusting how ingrained in "tradition", both Democrat and Republican leaders are. We're seeing the same reactions to Trump's words/actions that we saw during his Presidential campaign.

When he proposed doing things a DIFFERENT WAY, Democrats attacked him, and Republicans abandoned him.

Now that he's actually DOING things a different way, Democrats attack him, and Republicans cower and suck their thumbs.

It is SO IMPORTANT that we get fresh Republican blood into the House and Senate. Hopefully replacing Democrats there, in the process. But if the best that can be done is trading a scared/ingrained/traditionalist Republican for a bold forward-thinking new Republican, that will be acceptable too.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

JBurns, We've seen liberal Federal judges render rulings that can lead to deaths of innocent Americans. One of those judges would not lose any sleep over restoring John Brennan's security clearance.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Brennan willfully lied under oath. Still not prosecuted.
Comey willfully lied under oath. Still not prosecuted.
Clapper willfully lied under oath. Still not prosecuted.

Where is the justice?

These guys should not only loose sc but freedom.

In 2016, four days after James Comey cleared Hillary Clinton of all criminal wrongdoing, James Comey told Trey Gowdy that Hillary LIED 6 times...but was let off the hook anyway.

SOURCE: www.businessinsider.com...

You're right, DeckDel. The "justice" system is totally broken right now. We can only hope and pray that President Trump has processes at work in the background, to get things set right.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelicIRage

He's trying to cover his tracks, no other reason he'd do this.

I think there's a part of Brennan that still can't believe Hillary lost. He was the "quarterback" of the complicated SpyGate scandal to help Hillary / Hurt Trump / Remove Trump. He's FAILED miserably at all 3.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It looks like local ABC/CBS/NBC affiliates are being told to make John Brennan's "possibly illegal" revocation of his security clearance, the #1 story. In Chicago it came before a local toddler being murdered, 2 children drowning, and a shoot-out with 7 people wounded.

MSM headquarters in New York must be in PANIC mode. I don't know how local TV anchors allow themselves to be forced to read a political nothing-burger story, before covering local tragedies.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Yup i agree. He's one sneaky bastard too.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
here is an important question. why should anyone, regardless of who they are retain any security clearances at all when they are no longer in the job that requires those security clearances? seems to me that everyone should have their security clearances removed as soon as they leave any position that requires them. if they ever get another post or job where such security clearances are needed, than they can give them the security clearances for that job.

any consulting, giving speeches or whatever should be based upon a person's experience. not if they somehow hold a security clearance they have no real need for. if you are not in a position that needs those security clearances, you have no legitimate need to have them at all. and in my opinion should not have security clearances, or access to any information not available to the open public.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Why?

*sighs*

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Tell me what jury would rule in his favor?

Because Trump is using national security as a political weapon. He is acting like a king, not an executive charged with defending the Republic.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

why should anyone, regardless of who they are retain any security clearances at all when they are no longer in the job that requires those security clearances?

Because the government may need their expertise. They might need to act as a consultant or head a special committee. Brennan was a station chief, and may have retained important contacts in the Arab world that might be of use to the administration. Apparently that is less important to Trump than his ego.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It looks like local ABC/CBS/NBC affiliates are being told to make John Brennan's "possibly illegal" revocation of his security clearance, the #1 story. In Chicago it came before a local toddler being murdered, 2 children drowning, and a shoot-out with 7 people wounded.

People are killed daily in Chicago. Brennan's loss of clearance is the latest turn in a constitutional crisis. Which is more important in the grand scheme of things?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: neo96

Tell me what jury would rule in his favor?

Because Trump is using national security as a political weapon. He is acting like a king, not an executive charged with defending the Republic.

What a load of hydrochloro grade a BULL SNIP!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

why should anyone, regardless of who they are retain any security clearances at all when they are no longer in the job that requires those security clearances?

Because the government may need their expertise. They might need to act as a consultant or head a special committee. Brennan was a station chief, and may have retained important contacts in the Arab world that might be of use to the administration. Apparently that is less important to Trump than his ego.

Newsflash: When a high-level person with access to confidential information leaves a private sector job, that private sector job cuts off all his/her access to their confidential info. If that person is brought back either a full time employer or contractor they have to go through a background check again to review what they have been doing during their time apart from the business.

When I heard that people *kept* their clearance after they left the bureaucracy, I was stunned. That is incredibly irresponsible and rings of an internal "good ol' boys" establishment that does not maintain accountability.

If some future administration wants to tap into Brennan's expertise they can restore his clearance at their discretion.
edit on 19-8-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Security clearance isn't a right.

It's based on the ability of a person being able to keep their mouths shut.

Brennan clearly FAILS in that requirement.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

and that was addressed in my post. if this government or any other in the future feel they need his services, they can easily grant him the security clearance and access to files he would need to do what they might need him to do. and this can easily apply to anyone who leaves such a position and thus their security clearance and access. having unneeded security clearances is actually a security risk which is far more important than someone like John Brennan's ego.

as for contacts in the Arab world or elsewhere, what difference does his security clearance even make? not only should those contacts be fully known about. but how can he loose contacts without a security clearance, unless those contacts are reliant on his giving them information he no longer has the need not should even have access to. in which case it actually serves as a very good reason people should automatically have their security clearances revoked when leaving the job they needed them for. since that would actually be a breach of security.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Security clearance isn't a right.

It's based on the ability of a person being able to keep their mouths shut.

Brennan clearly FAILS in that requirement.

Former CIA Director John Brennan risked damaging the intelligence community with his anti-Trump comments, retired Adm. Michael Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told "Fox News Sunday."

"I think John's an extraordinary servant of the country, but I think he has been incredibly critical of the president, and I think that has put him in a political place which actually does more damage for the intelligence community -- which is apolitical," Mullen said.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Not a valid argument.

Then they can bring them out of retirement and re-establish their clearance for the specific task in which they are being summoned to assist, then terminate it when their assistance is no longer needed.

Moreover, I would be very surprised to find the administration is seeking any assistance from former and retired intelligence officials who are particularly critical of the administration.

The question I think we should be asking is: true or false; John Brennan was granted access to classified material related to an active investigation of the Trump administration. If the answer is True, then there may be obstruction of justice. If the answer is false, John Brennan can go pound sand because I'm growing tired of seeing Wallace from Wallace and Gromit on the news every day throwing the president under the bus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join