It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr CIA Director JOHN BRENNAN Considering Legal Action To Get His Security Clearance Restored.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: carewemust

“As you can imagine, a number of lawyers have reached out to say there is a very strong case here, not so much to reclaim mine but to prevent this from happening in the future.

Based on this wording, I'd say that Brennan is NOT going to try and fight for his security clearance back and just act like he's doing this for the sake of others moving forward. He'd be a fool to try and do this for himself, but he has to act like he's fighting back somehow just to make him appear innocent.

That's a valid point. Perhaps Brennan isn't as selfish and cold-hearted as we have been led to believe?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
This is a Trump Derangement Syndrome feed tube shot to juggle aloft the mental illness enough to keep it well and alive in those infected.

I'd like to see all those who wrote: "Take my clearance too, Mr. Trump! I stand with Brennan!!", to voluntarily give up their security clearance. That is allowed. "Stand with Brennan" in deeds. Not just words.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Even if you have a security clearance, you still cannot be around top secret stuff unless you have the "need to know." Since he is NOT in government service and is a private citizen, why does he need one? To talk to CNN?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

“As you can imagine, a number of lawyers have reached out to say there is a very strong case here, not so much to reclaim mine but to prevent this from happening in the future.

Based on this wording, I'd say that Brennan is NOT going to try and fight for his security clearance back and just act like he's doing this for the sake of others moving forward. He'd be a fool to try and do this for himself, but he has to act like he's fighting back somehow just to make him appear innocent.

.... and to keep Democrats on the hook and bobber routine.

❌©

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That's a valid point. Perhaps Brennan isn't as selfish and cold-hearted as we have been led to believe?

LOL! I wouldn't go that far. I think he knows he doesn't have a chance in hell in fighting this for himself, but he obviously thinks he can prevent it from happening again.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Since I'm tired of Brennan and his stupid crying crappos, here's what I think;

He could state that the revoking of his Security Clearance is a restriction on his freedom of speech (he has stated this not so long ago). The issue he's up against is that definition having a security clearance is a regulated restriction on a persons right to free speech. By having his revoked he has now been grated his freedom of speech back.

Another issue he could bring up is that having his Security Clearance revoked will hurt him employment wise. This also is very hard to make as a claim since people would still be willing to hire him given that is prior position in the US Government was as a Director of an Intelligence Agency (thee Intelligence Agency at that). Making this argument would require for him to prove that he needs to work, and that he is being hurt by not having the clearance.

Finally he could make the argument that he needs his Security Clearance still because of the information that he knows. This also would be very hard to defense for him to make since those secrets would/should have been covered by an NDA. Since he should not be privileged to any new secrets no security clearances would be need by him to keep any new secrets.

The claim that he is trying to do this to protect others from having their Security Clearances revoked, also seems to be a false narrative since none of the other people would have a need for their security clearances as members of the general public, and for those that have governmental contracts, they would/should have been issued new clearances for their new positions and jobs.

Brennan hasn't provided any solid reason for wanting his clearance back, nor has he shown/stated any reason for needing to have it back other then "he feels". In the end Brennan needs to grow up and stop crying that his personal toy has been taken, and just move on with his life already.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hope he does try to fight it, because then even more of his impropriety will be exposed.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Security clearance is not a right. He has no legal case.

Brennan is an idiot.

Dim Senator Mark Warner ( I have a thread on how CROOKED he is) is introducing an emergency bill to prevent President Trump from "arbitrarily revoking security clearances".

Source: www.foxnews.com...

I love how people serve at the pleasure of the president until it's a president no one likes and then they can't serve or not at his pleasure anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A video example how $$$$ is the real reason former officials want to keep their security clearances so badly.

Personifying what happens when the financial value of a national security clearance is threatened; and highlighting how clearance is traded as currency within the permanent administrative/consulting state; ex CIA official Philip Mudd goes into a rage during a CNN discussion where his personal value would be diminished by losing a security clearance.
Story w/video at: theconservativetreehouse.com... rances/

FYI: Every 5-year Top Secret security clearance renewal costs taxpayers $20-25,000.

Drain that swamp!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Brennan is lucky he was not part of the new Gitmo. If he doesn't shut up, throw him there.

originally posted by: schuyler
Even if you have a security clearance, you still cannot be around top secret stuff unless you have the "need to know." Since he is NOT in government service and is a private citizen, why does he need one? To talk to CNN?

Bingo! His media leaking days are over!

edit on 18-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

A video example how $$$$ is the real reason former officials want to keep their security clearances so badly.

Personifying what happens when the financial value of a national security clearance is threatened; and highlighting how clearance is traded as currency within the permanent administrative/consulting state; ex CIA official Philip Mudd goes into a rage during a CNN discussion where his personal value would be diminished by losing a security clearance.

FYI: Every 5-year Top Secret security clearance renewal costs taxpayers $20-25,000.

Drain that swamp!

My god

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Oh PLEASE! PLEASE Do it........ sue.....P.L.E.A.S.E!
I can barely wait for that Fallout.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

He will be the unnamed "source familiar with the matter" in future CNN news segments.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Drain that swamp!

My god

It's insane for Philip Mudd to go rabid like that, when his name isn't even on the list of those whose Security Clearances are under review. Why is Mudd so irrationally frightened and angry?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Drain that swamp!

My god

It's insane for Philip Mudd to go rabid like that, when his name isn't even on the list of those whose Security Clearances are under review. Why is Mudd so irrationally frightened and angry?

Too much sense and truth was being spoken. Quick! Act outraged and deflect by saying you don't get paid by the government!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If John Brennan honestly thinks he can sue to get his clearance back it is reaffirmation he should have never had the position in the first place.

The president could fire a LOT of people and in the past they have. EVERY administration. Trumps is different because the MEDIA is exploiting it like that.

At this point NO Obama or Pre-Trump appointee should have ANY job in the Trump WH or Government entity. None.

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002018-08-18T22:05:19-05:001019 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Security clearance is not a right. He has no legal case.

Brennan is an idiot.

He probably will file a RICO case against the Trump Administration then, but he is still an idiot.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Since a security clearance is a privilege and not a right or entitlement, I fail to see how any court could find he had any standing. The government (ie: Trump, the person ultimately responsible for defending classified information) clearly has all the interests in this case

Great post carewemust

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Brennan willfully lied under oath. Still not prosecuted.
Comey willfully lied under oath. Still not prosecuted.
Clapper willfully lied under oath. Still not prosecuted.

Where is the justice?

These guys should not only loose sc but freedom.
edit on 18-8-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

He's trying to cover his tracks, no other reason he'd do this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join