It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr CIA Director JOHN BRENNAN Considering Legal Action To Get His Security Clearance Restored.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
August 18, 2018

JOHN BRENNAN losing his Top Secret/Secret security clearance will severely curtail his ability to earn consulting fees. Former top Intel and Law Enforcement officials, often earn significant income through contracts steered their way, by their buddies still in government. Income from giving speeches, and the importance of Brennan's MSNBC role as an informed "expert", are reduced as well. As is often the case, it's all about the $$$.

That's why John Brennan is "considering" taking legal action to have his Security Clearance restored:

Former CIA Director John Brennan told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Friday night that he is considering legal avenues in response to the president’s revocation of his security clearance.

“I think that’s why there’s been such an outcry from many intelligence professions, not to support me, but to support the principle that security clearances are something that’s very solemn and serious and should never ever be used for political purposes,” the former director began.

“As you can imagine, a number of lawyers have reached out to say there is a very strong case here, not so much to reclaim mine but to prevent this from happening in the future. And so, I am thinking about what it is that I might want to do,” Brennan stated.
Excerpted from: dailycaller.com...

But the BIG QUESTION is: Will the legal process of attempting to restore his clearance, shine a bright light on John Brennan's recent, and not so recent, past actions and statements? Is there a "discovery" and "justification" component to this process?

If so, this could be an attempt that Brennan ends up wishing he never started. There are several unsavory, publicly-known things in his past.

If the White House fights the legal action in court, a lot more will come out. Perhaps that's the plan?

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/18/2018 by carewemust because: format adjustment

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
He's just blowing smoke. I highly doubt this 'consideration' of his will result in any real action.

John... just go AWAY!
edit on 2216x6722America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is a Trump Derangement Syndrome feed tube shot to juggle aloft the mental illness enough to keep it well and alive in those infected.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Brennan is an idiot.

Tell me what jury would rule in his favor?

He was selling his clearance.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Brennan wouldn't go to trial, with a jury and all. It would be an internal court thing (maybe FISA court?), but goodies would leak out.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's how we ended up with fake dossiers being used as proof to spy on presidential candidates.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Security clearance is not a right. He has no legal case.

Brennan is an idiot.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Proof beyond any doubt that Brennan is a mental case.

He needs to be in a treatment program.

And just think....he was CIA Director !!!!

💥Sun💥😃💥Burn💥

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is such a joke.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Brennan is an idiot.

And a Communist to boot.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Brennan is an idiot.

Legally, to keep his clearance he must publicly act like a current Director. You know, not be partisan.

So ya... he's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

He probably wants to use it as a reason to start his own Go Fund Me page.
He saw how profitable it is for Strzok.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There are new judges being installed at a record pace. But who knows if Brennan would get an honest one.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Brennan should publish his tax returns so we can make sure he isn't being paid by any derogatory organizations.

Like maybe some side money from the DNC and/or any Democrat PACs like Hillary's.

Of course we would also need a full IRS audit to be sure the tax returns are correct and not tainted.

I'm sure Brennan wouldn't mind.

He could even have Rachel Maddow get first dibs on her show with Lois Lerner as a guest expert.

🚨🚩

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
He's just blowing smoke. I highly doubt this 'consideration' of his will result in any real action.

John... just go AWAY!

President Trump is attempting to goad Brennan into legally contesting the revocation. Today labeling Brennan as "political hack", who "cannot be trusted with secrets".

www.foxnews.com...

STRONG WORDS that wouldn't be said unless President Trump has proof to back them up.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Brennan is an idiot.

Dim Senator Mark Warner ( I have a thread on how CROOKED he is) is introducing an emergency bill to prevent President Trump from "arbitrarily revoking security clearances".

Source: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 8/18/2018 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Brennan is an idiot.

And a Communist to boot.

A communist working for our government? And Brennan has the NERVE to say President Trump is a Traitor? Give me a break John!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

“As you can imagine, a number of lawyers have reached out to say there is a very strong case here, not so much to reclaim mine but to prevent this from happening in the future.

Based on this wording, I'd say that Brennan is NOT going to try and fight for his security clearance back and just act like he's doing this for the sake of others moving forward. He'd be a fool to try and do this for himself, but he has to act like he's fighting back somehow just to make him appear innocent.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He probably wants to use it as a reason to start his own Go Fund Me page.
He saw how profitable it is for Strzok.

Being punished by President Trump is like a badge of honor for snowflakes, isn't it? Did Omarosa start a GoFundMe account yet?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If Brennan wants to fight the U.S. government, he'll have to open his life's treasure chest. Maybe back to when he used to torture cats for fun.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join