It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Progress" = Stuck in the Past

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Annee

There are times in your posts where it appears to people that you are in favor of censorship now against X because of censorship in the past against Y.

I am sure at least some of that falls in the lost in translation when it comes to text.

Please note I used the word censorship as kind of a catch all for the variety of arguments that appear on ATS on a regular basis as of late.

OK. I am Pro.

Look for what can move something in a new or better direction.

I am not in anyway nostalgic. I do not cling to traditions - - "it's always been that way" is not Pro, IMO.

I also try to reduce to the simplistic, without emotion.

Try to view, even the most complex, as if a family of 5. 2 parents (any gender) - 3 kids (various ages) - one child with special needs - - needs help from outside the nucleous.

I also use changes in how elementary schools deal with the social aspect of the "child world".

Try it.

When you cant think in terms outside of the past, when 'all' you do is obsess about the past, well for one thing it negates all that you just said. But moreover, it fuels the primal urge that gives rise to extremism. And thats exactly what we've seen in just a handful of years of your identity politics obsessionism ideology running mainstream.

Here is Identity Politics in a nutshell:

And all I been seeing is "liberals" scolding people, trying to censor them, for not being obsessed with all this kind of noise.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That's what some South African authors (like R.W. Johnson) have said of the ANC government for a long time.

They're all about: Forwards, into the past!

Sums it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You keep making this personal and emotional.

This is personal and emotional. You're trying to mess with my culture. How can that not be personal and emotional?

Take your "logical and realistic" and GET OUT OF MY CULTURE!

Clean up your own house.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You keep making this personal and emotional.

This is personal and emotional. You're trying to mess with my culture. How can that not be personal and emotional?

Take your "logical and realistic" and GET OUT OF MY CULTURE!

Clean up your own house.

TheRedneck

We are not on the same wavelength.

You have an issue - - I don't.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have no clue what you're trying to communicate.

My point is not complicated.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Is people having more and more of a one track mindset (straight to selfish group identity historical hypersensitivity bs) "progress"?

Because that's all it seems that oozes from your ideology.

Some other historical examples come to mind, that all they did was obsess about their mass group identity, and focus in on how they had been wronged, and then they set about burning all the books written by the other side, and smashed their stores, and banned all of their artwork as "degenerative", and then they loaded them into trains...

edit on 19-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

On that, we agree.

I want to preserve my culture and heritage.

You want to destroy it because you don't understand it.

Also, according to what you posted earlier, you don't care what anyone else cares about what you want destroyed. That sounds eerily like the attitude held by quite a few others throughout history: Hitler, Sherman, Attila, Genghis Khan, Mussolini, Napoleon...

Hope you like the company you keep.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

On that, we agree.

I want to preserve my culture and heritage.

You want to destroy it because you don't understand it.

Also, according to what you posted earlier, you don't care what anyone else cares about what you want destroyed. That sounds eerily like the attitude held by quite a few others throughout history: Hitler, Sherman, Attila, Genghis Khan, Mussolini, Napoleon...

Hope you like the company you keep.

TheRedneck

What don't I understand?

The original memorials were of service men who died in battle? Great!

THEN

"Most of the people who were involved in erecting the monuments were not necessarily erecting a monument to the past," said Jane Dailey, an associate professor of history at the University of Chicago."But were rather, erecting them toward a white supremacist future."

The most recent comprehensive study of Confederate statues and monuments across the country was published by the Southern Poverty Law Center last year. A look at this chart shows huge spikes in construction twice during the 20th century: in the early 1900s, and then again in the 1950s and 60s. Both were times of extreme civil rights tension. www.npr.org...

But, you go right ahead and be proud of that.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is people having more and more of a one track mindset (straight to selfish group identity historical hypersensitivity bs) "progress"?

Because that's all it seems that oozes from your ideology.

Some other historical examples come to mind, that all they did was obsess about their mass group identity, and focus in on how they had been wronged, and then they set about burning all the books written by the other side, and smashed their stores, and banned all of their artwork as "degenerative", and then they loaded them into trains...

Again, you completely lose me.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Because all your ideology preaches is victimhood, which is the basis of essentially every cycle of violence & genocide across all of human history.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm not gonna live my life with Tunnel Vision.

Yet, that is exactly what you seem to have. That's all "Progressivism" is, tunnel vision.
You have a view of what the world should be and everyone else, who disagrees, be damned.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What don't I understand?

Everything about our way of life here.

Along with the fact that Chicago is certainly NOT a part of the South. Need a map?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm over this current direction.

I will continue to fight for Progession -- as I see it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

And you will continue to be opposed at every turn, until maybe, hopefully, one day your kind of tyranny will be eradicated from the face of the earth.

Then maybe the rest of us can live in peace.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm not gonna live my life with Tunnel Vision.

Yet, that is exactly what you seem to have. That's all "Progressivism" is, tunnel vision.
You have a view of what the world should be and everyone else, who disagrees, be damned.

Expanding to bring forth those excluded from history due to white-washing and society gender/race prejudice is tunnel vision?

What dictionary do you use?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Because all your ideology preaches is victimhood, which is the basis of essentially every cycle of violence & genocide across all of human history.

Explain further.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Well said. Could not be said any better.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Here is Identity Politics in a nutshell:

And all I been seeing is "liberals" scolding people, trying to censor them, for not being obsessed with all this kind of noise.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I still haven't a clue what point you're trying to make.

What is a Liberal? Please explain that to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Follow the Cycle of Violence charts, and see obsessive victimization rhetoric as the key driving cause of such.

And I always try to put "liberals" in quotation marks, as these Democrat Party voters these days are no liberals (Nu-Nazi's is more like it).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join