It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations in Matt Groening’s Disenchanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
(SPOILERS AHEAD)

Simpson’s creator Matt Groening has just unveiled his new Netflix series, Disenchanted. It follows a young adult princess who is in line for the throne of The Kingdom Of Dreamland, a job she does not want. Throughout the series, it is shown that a mysterious duo is using Dark magic to survey, direct and plot out the larger events of the series. Because this is a very new show, only the first season has been released so not a lot is known about these shadowy overseers.

During the first season, the princess who is nicknamed Bean, crosses paths with an Elf (aptly named Elfo) and the two quickly become friends. Upon finding out about his daughters new mythical friend, King Zog (voiced by the “Youse guys” guy from Futurama) reveals that elven blood is the main ingredient in the Elixir of immortality. The other being and enchanted vial that has been lost in the faraway kingdom of Cremorrah. Zog’s court wizard, Sorcerio, suggests mounting a crusade to find this magical Goblet (a holy grail? One could say?) leading the crusade, is Princess Bean and Elfo.

Before mounting her crusade Bean comes into contact with a Demon, named Luci. (Voiced by Eric Andre) at one point it is revealed that Luci was actually sent by these watchers. At one point the male watcher is shown wearing a short, white apron with blue borders and a large blue “M” on it. (Very closely resembling the Free masons ritual apron.

(post by Charlessorensen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

I think you are reeeeeally stretching here. I watched a few episodes of this and it is a poor attempt from Groening. I think he just phoned it in to collect a payday from Netflix.I think in a decade or less Netflix will be gone or at least a shell of what it is today, they have a few good shows but other than that they are basically the new straight to video bin.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I dunno, the show feels almost like watching futurama. It's got most of the cast, it was written by David X Cohen, it's got the same weirdness to it. Not sure what I think of it yet. Only watched a couple episodes. It wasn't bad but no where near the quality of early Simpsons or futurama. Honestly, I didn't really pay much attention to any kind of symbolism in it.

new topics

top topics

join