It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claiming to be deputy arrested at Sacramento Int’l Airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

“A man who claimed to be a deputy was arrested at the Sacramento International Airport, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said Friday... Beaver was dressed in a full Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy uniform, which was “complete with a nylon duty belt and a semiautomatic Glock handgun,” Hampton said”

Man claiming to be deputy arrested at Sacramento Int’l Airport

The news also showed a taser and 4 high cap magazines, and his vehicle also had red/blue led strips behind the windshield. What the heck was this guy doing? Was he just a crazy person, or was this a dry run for something bigger?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousMoose

That's bizarre! This is a real mind blowing situation if I ever saw one
A person has to be somewhat unhinged to pull a stunt like this, plus it is a felony in most states I think.
edit on 18-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Another link for Europeans

We've had fake cops in the UK who used uniforms to commit crimes like stealing high-end vehicles and/or ferrying drugs around. Could this guy be involved in smuggling using the costume as a cover?

Another possibility is he's one of those dweeb wannabes who plays pretend LEO for the 'respect my authoritah' Cartman buzz.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Perhaps just a helpful volunteer, acting as a deputy, poised and ready to lend aid in some imminent airport crisis. Never know, right?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

He should have at least gone full Monty 'Chief of Police.' Fake it to make it. Tacked on curtain of medals blinging on the chest.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Knight Rider at the Airport

From the people who gave you: Captain America at the Marathon

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Could be one of those penetration attempt consultant types, whose job it is to test security etcs.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They busted him three days ago. It's looking more like criminal behaviour or Walter Mitty fantasist wannabe. Neither option's good.

a reply to: SlowNail

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There was a guy pretending to be a firefighter(to break in homes) going door to door in California as well. I don't believe he had equipment as the one in the OP did. His last name was Beaver, okay that explains it.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

In that case itd been awesome if he rented the car using FBI "credentials", then did an gas station pump hack to get the gas to make it to the airport, where he changed uniform into sheriff, where in his pack he had an pilots uniform etc ready to fly the plane, to where he would exit the plane as a celebrity lookalike for which he scored a free limo ride to the hottest club where they had a VIP section with complimentary champagne etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Now that there has the makings of a movie script.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maybe he met someone on line on a Dating site and told them he was a Sheriff . ... So he dressed the part to pick them up .

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

WOW...that IS bizzarro!

How much you wanna' bet this whole thing just disappears? Something is definitely up with this story! That's just too bizarre to not have more to it. CIA, organized crime...something.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Maybe there was supposed to be a mass shooting and one of the crisis actors showed up early or on the wrong day?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The real question is where did he get the uniform and all the official gear. I bet he didn't pick it up at the Salvation Army? Something is off here at some level.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Could be a nut job but could also be preparation for something bigger. Secret Service for instance checks for stolen/forged police uniforms or other warning signs and I wouldn't be surprised if other types of terrorists used that tactic also

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

This is exactly how I felt with the NM compound was taken down. Like they discovered something they weren't supposed to find, a concerted operation to train domestic terrorists to some unknown end. Perhaps that end is martial law or overthrow of the Republic?

Either way, it is going to take a lot more than some random idiots committing acts of violence. These stars & stripes don't run

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

A lot of supply stores make you get a dept. letter head and signature. Even more have a uniform allowance you spend before you spend your own money, so if he didn't have a purchase order it should have thrown up red flags. He could have possibly known someone in the SO or even figured out a way to con the supply folks

...he could be running a uniform business himself as far as that goes.

Or it could be that something far more concerning is at play.

edit on 8/18/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Or, it could have just been an idiot out for a lark--seems unlikely, perhaps, but not out of the realm of possibility, either.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Kinda already done although there may be a flick closer to what IIB was talking about, more elaborate. For the life of me I cannot remember the title or who the heck was in it but they pulled a caper and left one guy in a fake room they built then he just walked out the next day as a cleaning guy or something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join