It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dismantle Mass Media News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScreamButterfly

originally posted by: Skyfloating
All the while genuine journalists such as Julian Assange are locked up and not allowed to communicate with anyone.

If THAT won't wake people up to what MSM really is, I dont know what will.

The only logical libertarian solution to the problem is to loosen regulations about broadcasting rights (a naive sigh that it will never happen
and let China News Network and MSNBC compete head to head with new networks that are independently owned like INFOWARS (even though they vacillate in degrees of credibility) and other independent news networks. I am for free speech and taking down the MSM is totalitarian to say the least even if they are completely venal

So your position is that we should drown out the truth with lies, and let people pick the narrative that suits their biases instead of them facing reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ScreamButterfly

All the while genuine journalists such as Julian Assange are locked up and not allowed to communicate with anyone.

If THAT won't wake people up to what MSM really is, I dont know what will.

The only logical libertarian solution to the problem is to loosen regulations about broadcasting rights (a naive sigh that it will never happen
and let China News Network and MSNBC compete head to head with new networks that are independently owned like INFOWARS (even though they vacillate in degrees of credibility) and other independent news networks. I am for free speech and taking down the MSM is totalitarian to say the least even if they are completely venal

So your position is that we should drown out the truth with lies, and let people pick the narrative that suits their biases instead of them facing reality.

Facing reality is to believe everything CNN tells you, and it is only "those other folks" who are choosing narratives that fit their biases.

You just can't make this stuff up, as the saying goes..

edit on 19-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Unconstitutional well I hate to tell them but the fcc can act against media outlets for a wide range of reasons.
One of the reasons is false representation as in saying something is true when they know it isn't.

Truthfully if they had been to journalism class they would know that you should always verify the info your sources give you and anonymous sources should be the rarity not the first source to quote.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yes or no. Are InfoWars, The Blaze, Russia Today, and Natural News credible?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Guardians Glenn Greenwald likes exposing CNNs covert agenda. When even people on the far left know what CNN really is, its time up for this criminal outfit.
edit on 2018 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Atlantic: Amazons deal with the CIA. Amazon publishes the Washington Post. Lets see how the "free" and "respected" WaPo deals with research critical of the CIA.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sunday, August 19, 2018

This morning, NBC's Meet The (anti-America) Press, was a classic example of Media Narratives Collapsing.

I know, I know…. no-one wants to watch the insufferable Chuck Todd. However, the value in this interview with Rudy Giuliani, is recognizing how desperate the Resistance Media are to keep up morale… and yet they simultaneously know the two-year narrative is collapsing around them.

It is increasingly obvious the media have run out of ammunition to keep defending the “Muh Russia” nonsense. Ex. where’s Stormy Daniels?…. Anyone? Anyone?

Additionally, Ristvan emphasizes key points many are noticing. The New York Times article about Don McGahn cooperating with Robert Mueller was a big (Trump Derangement Syndrome) mistake for at least three reasons.

1.) Shows Mueller team is leaking. How else would NYT ‘know’ McGahn ‘gave 30 hours’ of testimony? Leak or made up, there is not a third possibility.

2.) Trump could have asserted client attorney privilege, but as McGahn’s own attorney pointed out, did not—-because nothing to hide. The badly damages the collusion/obstruction theory, more evidence is just a witch hunt. Both points help Trump.

3.) Allows Trump to counterattack directly both NYT fake news and Mueller witch hunt. Which he did immediately.

The New York Times did not think the consequences through. Big blunder.
Full Article at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-153063
edit on 8/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The Guardians Glenn Greenwald likes exposing CNNs covert agenda. When even people on the far left know what CNN really is, its time up for this criminal outfit.

Glenn Greenwald is a Russian shill.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
But Glenn Greenwald is a Russian shill. Really? I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighRising

He wasn't always, sometime a few years ago though, the topics he reported on, and the slant he reported from changed drastically.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Glenn Greenwald is an outstanding journalist. The people who say he is a "Russian Shill" usually also say Julian Assange, Donald Trump and a number of other people who dont fit their agenda are "Russian shills".

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Assange is a Russian agent. Like Greenwald, he didn't start out that way, but in recent years it's become pretty obvious where he's getting his money from.

It's Russian propaganda.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

He wasn't always, sometime a few years ago though, the topics he reported on, and the slant he reported from changed drastically.

Examples or else it's another "pffftt" comment.

🤧

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Assange is a Russian agent. Like Greenwald, he didn't start out that way, but in recent years it's become pretty obvious where he's getting his money from.

It's Russian propaganda.

When exactly did all this happen?

Exact dates and examples required.

〰🎀

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
When exactly did all this happen?

Exact dates and examples required.

〰🎀

I'm not sure when. But there is a clear change in tone and attitude in recent years. If you really pressed me for a date, I would say around late 2014/early 2015.

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I love how this video shows that news anchors are just actors and puppets of the owners of the television media. I never trusted the media since I was younger. On another note, why would media news outlets only cover mostly negative news such as theft, killings etc? Wouldn't the world be a much better place if it covered good news stories? I think that it would inspire people to be better people and more loving to each other. To quote the song by Buffalo Springfield: "Somthing's happening here"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join