It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Edumakated

I’m not sure if I’ve missed d it in your meaty posts, and while I don’t know if i agree with everything youve got to say, you make interesting points.

I guess my question is do you factor in the hefty amount of incarceration against young black men in America in your views?

I'm not convinced it does. It is a chicken or egg kind of question and it assumes a thug not locked up would actually be a good parent.

The one thing that Chicago does that really contributes to the gun violence is that they refuse to lock up guys with gun charges. They pull someone over and find a illegal firearm and just give them probation or other light sentences. The problem with this is that you get shooters off the street when you catch them doing other petty crimes most times, not while they are actively engaged in shooting.

The activist talk out of both sides of their mouths. On the one hand, they cry about the violence but then when Pookie get's caught with an illegal firearm, they start with the systematic racism bullsh*t and we are taking fathers out of the community.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is an excellent suggestion but kind of vague.

Just for yourself, would you be willing to give some examples of what comprises morality in your eyes.

I just think that until we actually define what is or isn't lacking here, the next step forward will never materialize. If we can get to an agreement, even 70%, on what would make interactions with other humans smoother, it would go a long way at this point.

And weirdly, I have a feeling we will not even get to 50% agreement with only 20 people. If we can't even agree on simple terminology, how can we properly express ideas related to the subject?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If they actually prosecuted these offenses and crimes like they would in a small, wholesome, homogeneous community, would there be anyone left to populate some of these areas?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: toysforadults

People need to stop fearing criminals and gangsters.

Thats why we have a 2nd amendment. Scared? Carry a gun.

If the good people of those communities decided they had had enough of the gangsters ans leave or fight back the culture will change. I cant imagine theres many left who would live under those circumstances.

Geniuses like Rahm enact policies that effectively price poor people in high-crime neighborhoods from being able to own a gun.

Unless of course they get them from illegal means. So as usual, in these liberal utopias, only the criminals have guns.

But it's not just a liberal problem. Seattle and San Francisco and New York city are liberal cities but don't have the violence and poverty problems that Chicago has. There's something else going on there.

It is an urban black community problem which by extension is a liberal city problem. While Seattle and New York or even other cities don't have the same crime levels overall, I guarantee what gun violence they do have will be concentrated in the small impoverished black communities.

New York is almost totally gentrified and the police have aggressively rooted out thugs and firearms with programs like stop and frisk. Guillani cleaned up NYC. Seattle is lily white. Not really an apt comparison.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree that big cities have some problems but all you all are forgetting about red state problems. why aren't you making threads about West Virginia, Kentucky and all the other red states with their crumbling infrastructure, meth heads and opiate addicts, tell me what has Trump done for them? The United States has problems in the cities and in the country.

There are also plenty of positive things happening but people tend to rely on the negative things that give them an emotional response.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

If they actually prosecuted these offenses and crimes like they would in a small, wholesome, homogeneous community, would there be anyone left to populate some of these areas?

Yes. It may take a minute, but when everyone starts seeing their homies getting long stretches of time for carrying illegal firearms, they will eventually get the message.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I agree that big cities have some problems but all you all are forgetting about red state problems. why aren't you making threads about West Virginia, Kentucky and all the other red states with their crumbling infrastructure, meth heads and opiate addicts, tell me what has Trump done for them? The United States has problems in the cities and in the country.

There are also plenty of positive things happening but people tend to rely on the negative things that give them an emotional response.

That isn't the topic and I'd gladly participate in the discussion though in a different thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Yes. It may take a minute, but when everyone starts seeing their homies getting long stretches of time for carrying illegal firearms, they will eventually get the message.

Gonna have to build more jails. Sometimes I think the Muslims have it right, cut off their hands. Won't be able to shoot anyone again. I'm sure they would find a way to do it though.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

i do realize that it is not the topic in fact it would be a good topic in and of itself, i brought it up because atsers are always posting about san fran, l.a, chicago etc etc but you never hear a peep about failing red states like kentucky, west virginia and mississippi. why does ats focus on blue states problems?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

i do realize that it is not the topic in fact it would be a good topic in and of itself, i brought it up because atsers are always posting about san fran, l.a, chicago etc etc but you never hear a peep about failing red states like kentucky, west virginia and mississippi. why does ats focus on blue states problems?

By all means start a thread on it. Seriously, I'd participate. I'm sure there are threads talking about the hollowing out of small towns in America. I know there are opioid threads.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

It's not poverty. It's culture.

Jews and Asians can and have lived in equally impoverished circumstances without suffering near the moral declines. In fact, many have entirely reversed their fortunes within a couple generations despite the impoverished circumstances once any legal barriers were removed.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I better go buy lottery tickets, since Rahm is actually making sense in this one instance.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: amazing

It's not poverty. It's culture.

Jews and Asians can and have lived in equally impoverished circumstances without suffering near the moral declines. In fact, many have entirely reversed their fortunes within a couple generations despite the impoverished circumstances once any legal barriers were removed.

Excellent observation. For people who are not mentally deficient, being poor isn't permanent, unless one keeps him/her self that way. In America, each individual has the freedom to escape poverty. The choice is theirs.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I just want to know how this idiot is still Mayor after 7 years of exponentially rising gun crime and murder rates, the highest of any city in modern US history. How brainwashed do you have to be to keep voting for this guy?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Hecate666

I think the idea that white people, or white culture, is better than others in bad circumstances is a romantic one. It's more about how we look at the world or the difference in our experiences. For example, I've been in the piss poor parts of Blackpool, Bury, Bolton where there are still predominantly white communities. They're in a bad way. Rundown properties and endemic youth crime. I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen an alcoholic or a spice zombie who wasn't white.

I think of historical reports like Mayhew's London and it was the same back then with cut-purses and a lot of violent crime. Same in early 20th Century USA with segregated communities. Class-wise, black people were bottom of the pile and yet they lived next door to the poorest of the white communities and all lived tough lives. Even today these places like Chicago and Detroit still have white people living there and there's nothing I can think of to show them raising the standards in those communities.

I'm not putting down white people and I have no 'white guilt' to confess to. I'm just making the case that white people don't seem to have any more or less dignity in hard times compared to others. Individuals might, but I'm less sure about ethnic, cultural or skin tone groups as a whole.

You mean I thought that white people can't have individuals or groups that are criminal or scummy? Did you really think that about me?
Wow.
What I said was generalised. In general, on average. The majority, mostly.
I am very well aware that white people can be scumbags, murderers, rapists and down low, wrecking the homes they live in, lie in the gutter etc. Why wouldn't I, I have lived in places with these peopel around myself.

However you are making the mistakes to say that because of that we can completely throw out the idea that white culture is somehow higher up on my graph than certain others. Which is also a generalisation by you.

Here is what I really meant [explained easily for you]:
In GENERAL [you get what I mean by that?] certain people [usually white or Far east Asian] have a more civilised and working society than others. This can be followed throughout history.

Take the Romans for example, it should be absolutely clear that Roman culture was more than a step above many of the cultures they dragged into civility. They had inventions that had to be shared to bring human kind from peasantry and barbarianism to a more peaceful and advanced society.
Laws, health, general behaviour, architecture and yes bloody aquaducts!

I personally am grateful they spread their knowledge and tried.
Was every Roman a civilised, intelligent saviour?

Oh bloody hell no. There were crooks and drunks and wife beaters and cheaters and murderers among them. There were slums and there was injustice and everything else. But [and here it comes again, the word that seems so important] in GENERAL the Romans did what they did and brought humans up a notch and it was better compared to other cultures. Including some other whites.

I could go on and on. You are saying people are people and poor people will be more savage than the rich. In GENERAL that is even TRUE.

But the MAJORITY of any culture is not bound by that. ANy culture that people adhere to will get through, despite money, poverty, violence etc. See working cultures that I put ABOVE white cultures [Japanese for example]. There are plenty of cultures in Europe that are so different that some I'd rather live under than others.

Please try and see the big picture and don't pick nits. A culture is a culture and some are despicable, others are boring, some are oppressive, others are free. Some are train crashes. Others will prevail for thousands of years.

I find it really worrying when some people really think we are all the same. Especially when I have lived and experienced the differences with my own body and mind. You say Apple, I see it's an orange [orange in colour, texture and taste], you maintain it's an apple. Fine.

It's still an orange.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I've lived 2 blocks north of Detroit for 40 years. I just went outside to have a smoke and heard gunshots. I hear them every single night. They're not shooting on my side of the border. I've been on the outside looking in at Detroit for a long time.

Detroit and Chicago are a byproduct of capitalism. We live in a cutthroat society where education is key to moving up. In these inner cities it's a fight just for survival. Sometimes crime is the only way to eat. Drugs are rampant and the schools are joke. I've seen 14 year old kids selling crack and heroin.

This isn't a black or white problem it's an American problem. Lack of jobs lack of education and a community up to it's eyeballs in drugs and this is what you get. If we invested half as much into these communities as we do dropping bombs this country would be a lot better off.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Perhaps it has something to do with Detroit being under hard line Democrat rule for almost 56 years, and Chicago for 84 years. Imagine what the country would look like if they were in power for that long.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: wantsome

Perhaps it has something to do with Detroit being under hard line Democrat rule for almost 56 years, and Chicago for 84 years. Imagine what the country would look like if they were in power for that long.
Republicans have been in full control of Michigan for 8 years they haven't done jack squat to fix Detroit. Our Republican governor did manage to give the entire city of Flint lead poisoning though. He's allowing Nestle to make 10's of millions from our water for the low cost of $200 a year. My water bill is double what Nestle pays. He taxed my grandmother pension while giving tax breaks to the big companies in Michigan. They just passed a law cutting off food stamps for anyone not working 20 hours a week. Detroit has a population of 700,000 half of which have no jobs. They're going to be shooting at our kids and eating our dogs. We voted down a law to increase taxes at the gas pump. We already have some of highest gas prices in the country. So what did he do? He enacted a tax at the fuel stations for gas coming into the state. Yeah republicans are great.
edit on 19-8-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2018 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
All comes down to parents. Many of these cultures have an epidemic of fathers abandoning their children.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You all know darn well that if that was said by ANYONE other than a leftist, they would be crucified in the media.

That's all the proof you need of media bias.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join