It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: carewemust

This guy has always given me the creeps ever since I saw that vid clip where he talked about canceling the 2nd amendment for people on the terror watchlist back when Obama was running for president.

How interesting that he now just happens to be mayor of Chicago, huh?

That would have been when Rahm Emanuel was a U.S. Congressman. I'll have to look up that vidclip. Thanks!

Actually, I may have been a little off on the exact time but it was around 2007-2009ish. The point is that it's suspicious to me that he later went on to be the mayor of Chicago and now suddenly gun violence is sky high in Chicago.

Ohhh.. I see what you're saying. Also, Rahm met with several Mexico leaders last year, and promised that Sanctuary City Chicago would "take care of" illegal aliens from that country. I've never seen any Chicago statistics on how much crime is committed by illegal aliens. It's probably not released to the public.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neil4No1
a reply to: carewemust

Unfortunately, this time Rahm is correct, however, he doesn't give an 'ish. I hope real citizen power takes over n fixes their local problems.

The city should fine the Dad or Mom if a teen is hanging out in the streets after a certain hour.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The tax changes hit next year's returns but I have seen what ifs for many of my clients.

Most people will see better refunds, some will be the same or pay slightly more.

For single people yes, it helps a little to a lot depending on situation.

Not really for lower income families or families with more than 3 kids.

It has to do with the standard deduction but also getting rid of personal exemptions. Remember many poorer people don't pay taxes on their smaller incomes.

The tax cuts are better for middle income and above. Again, it depends on size of family and if you itemize.

There needs to be more tweaking of the tax code.
edit on 18-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

He's right. It's not that they ALL do, but it's more likely someone from those areas does. Someone with morals doesn't go shoot up a street, FACT.

The politicians also lack morals. Obama made sure babies that survived fail abortions were left to die in closets with no medical treatment of any kind for political points.
edit on 18-8-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

This guy has always given me the creeps ever since I saw that vid clip where he talked about canceling the 2nd amendment for people on the terror watchlist back when Obama was running for president.

How interesting that he now just happens to be mayor of Chicago, huh?

That would have been when Rahm Emanuel was a U.S. Congressman. I'll have to look up that vidclip. Thanks!

Actually, I may have been a little off on the exact time but it was around 2007-2009ish. The point is that it's suspicious to me that he later went on to be the mayor of Chicago and now suddenly gun violence is sky high in Chicago.

Ohhh.. I see what you're saying. Also, Rahm met with several Mexico leaders last year, and promised that Sanctuary City Chicago would "take care of" illegal aliens from that country. I've never seen any Chicago statistics on how much crime is committed by illegal aliens. It's probably not released to the public.

What, ya'll think 'Fast n Furious' was only innernational?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: an325nt

originally posted by: highvein

I am confused. Does that make him racist or right?

Imagine the firestorm if Donald Trump were to say that violent Black and Hispanic Chicago neighborhoods lack Values and Morals!

Remember what he said about illegals? Not even about our own citizens and that was reason enough for the left to attack.
Great Post. This will tell who is just talking crap on the left side and the spin they will use should be entertaining.

"Why not both?"

I mean, let's be honest.

Now, is the *reason* behind the truth based on race?
Who am I to tell, I refuse to immerse myself in animals and can't say for sure...

I had to comment on this because I made an interesting observation during a documentary about South Africa.
There are actually white shanty towns. Places where homeless whites have set up residence.
I wondered how they would look and [to no surprise], they reminded me of our camping place in Germany back in the 70s. All the huts are build as well as could, there are picket fences, some have even flowers in front of their windows.

It's a white place ok, shanty or not. It's rather peasant under the circumstances.

Yet when other cultures are in the same boat, it's crime and grime. Apart from far east Asians. The Japanese after earthquakes or other evacuation processes amazed me with keeping a very civilised manner, despite sleeping on the floor of a sports hall. They made their beds, arranged things neatly, cued up quietly etc.

Is it race or culture? I think culture develops from the inside. But it certainly has an effect on the outside. As I said, humans are all different, I have lived long term in 3 countries and they all had very distinct behaviours and ways of thinking.
All cultures are on a graph, we are not the same. Some are on top, others somewhere in the middle and yes, someone is on the bottom, with the worst culture to live under or adhere to.

It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I think the idea that white people, or white culture, is better than others in bad circumstances is a romantic one. It's more about how we look at the world or the difference in our experiences. For example, I've been in the piss poor parts of Blackpool, Bury, Bolton where there are still predominantly white communities. They're in a bad way. Rundown properties and endemic youth crime. I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen an alcoholic or a spice zombie who wasn't white.

I think of historical reports like Mayhew's London and it was the same back then with cut-purses and a lot of violent crime. Same in early 20th Century USA with segregated communities. Class-wise, black people were bottom of the pile and yet they lived next door to the poorest of the white communities and all lived tough lives. Even today these places like Chicago and Detroit still have white people living there and there's nothing I can think of to show them raising the standards in those communities.

I'm not putting down white people and I have no 'white guilt' to confess to. I'm just making the case that white people don't seem to have any more or less dignity in hard times compared to others. Individuals might, but I'm less sure about ethnic, cultural or skin tone groups as a whole.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No matter where in tha world, it all comes down to economics n resources.

Power is what claims n defends it.

Color n culture be damned.

Only loyalty.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Rahm Emanuel is all talk, that's his problem. More discussions aren't going to change anything.

Here's what needs to be done, but it won't happen..."Retracing 60 Years of Murder in Chicago"...

In a 2016 interview, Superintendent Eddie Johnson and Deputy Superintendent Kevin Navarro, speculated on the rise in homicides. They blamed, in part, a perceived willingness by criminals to settle disputes with guns, and what they said is a failure on the part of the justice system to hold them accountable.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I really hate to put a damper on everyone's hatefest here -- oh wait! No, I don't

I'm pretty sure ol' Rahm's just lashing out because... well... the best defense is a good offense as he continues to refuse to meet with anti-violence groups in Chicago... and because he was mighty embarrassed by their show of strength just last month.

Father Mike's shutdown of Dan Ryan aimed directly at Mayor Emanuel

Of course, it's not just the mayor IGNORING THE ANTI-VIOLENCE EFFORTS!!!

Anti-violence protesters shut down Dan Ryan: 'Today was the attention-getter, but now comes the action'

Reading this OP, one would think that Chicago is the ONLY PLACE in the whole world that has absolute perfect moral and ethical leadership... and it's everyone else's fault the city has gone to hell in a handbasket.

But it's all good when it lets some folks pat themselves on the back for being so awesome while pointing out all the thugs and animals, eh?

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

He closes schools stops all city support to the neighborhoods. He wrote off thise communities without any investment what else are teenage boys going to do? They aren't going to school they can't get a job they have no source of income other than selling drugs. To sell drugs they have to join a gang. By joining a gang they have to carry a gun.

I'd have to say if he thinks this is about morals he missed the boat. In fact he missed the entire pier. Until money starts flowing back in to those areas its only going to get worse. He needs to open up youth centers to get those kids off the street. Then he needs to use those youth centers to teach these kids skills needed by employers. When you force people to have to seek illegal means to make money things get quickly out of hand. Id also suggest expanding bus routes so the adults can find jobs in other areas. And if i were mayor opening up police precincts in the area would be a priority.

I admit pisses me off the tone deaf SOB wants to blame the people suffering through this and does nothing to change it.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There isn't one monolithic white culture though.

Thomas Sowell made that point in one of his essays where he was talking about the roots of what we think of as inner city black culture today. He made the connection between todays inner city culture, the slaves, and their masters who had a very similar culture that came from a particular border area between England and Scotland and those people were mostly shunned by other whites for many of the same reasons that inner city blacks are shunned by others, even other blacks who don't hold the same culture.

His argument was that the slaves, perforce, ended up adopting many of the cultural features of their masters, many of which were largely undesirable, and today we mistake it as black culture and unique to them. His point is that where it actually came from matters less than the truth -- it's a failing culture that does not set individuals up for success. He also tracks its descent in whites to this day in parts of the poor south in that essay. They don't fare any better.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Boadicea

He closes schools stops all city support to the neighborhoods. He wrote off thise communities without any investment what else are teenage boys going to do? They aren't going to school they can't get a job they have no source of income other than selling drugs. To sell drugs they have to join a gang. By joining a gang they have to carry a gun.

I'd have to say if he thinks this is about morals he missed the boat. In fact he missed the entire pier. Until money starts flowing back in to those areas its only going to get worse. He needs to open up youth centers to get those kids off the street. Then he needs to use those youth centers to teach these kids skills needed by employers. When you force people to have to seek illegal means to make money things get quickly out of hand. Id also suggest expanding bus routes so the adults can find jobs in other areas. And if i were mayor opening up police precincts in the area would be a priority.

I admit pisses me off the tone deaf SOB wants to blame the people suffering through this and does nothing to change it.

Money won't go into the areas because there is too much crime. It has everything to do with morals and a culture that accept violence as a way to solve problems.

There is a cycle that has to be broken and it can only be broken by the community changing it's culture. The cycle started with LBJ's war on poverty. The black community used to have stable homes and families even during the height of Jim Crow and segregation. Government poverty programs encouraged single motherhood. In addition, black women overwhelmingly bought into feminism claptrap about how they didn't need a man. As a result, it created a situation where you had a lot of young men being raised in single parent homes. The out of wedlock birth rate went from less than 25% in the 60s to almost 75% today.

The culture encourages "baby mamas" and feeds on itself. You have hordes of teens and young women having children they cannot afford, nor raise in these communities. The boys are pumped up with testosterone like any young man, but there aren't any good male role models to help direct that energy in to productive pursuits. In addition, because they are raised by women, they are overly emotional and don't know how to handle disagreements like men.

In Chicago, while these are "gang beefs" the reality is that they are teens killing each other over facebook and instagram posts. It is basically so and so from "O Block" dissed "FBG" in a rap video on youtube, so now we are going to go shoot up his block. One homie gets killed and then they go kill their rivals homie. It just never stops and they can't even tell you why exactly certain blocks don't like other blocks beyond last week's facebook diss.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
@Kandisnky

I disagree.

Ive lived in all kinds of poor communities there is a notable difference between ppor black communities and others. I have never been less safe and observed more violence in any other poor ethnic community.

I have lived in a very poor mostly Vietnamese town in CA and Asians have totally different attitude than any Americans do. I lived in one of the most gang infested Latino (Mexican ) communities in the US and as long as I mind my own business never had a problem. Very poor black communities are a totally different story. Very violent. I personally faced multiple situations for simply walking down the wrong street for no reason.

This is obviously goong go be viewed as a racist statement but it is 100% the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I could not agree more.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I think the morals and values thing extends far beyond multi-cultural neighbourhoods, it's a skewed perception that totally ignores the issues that stem from the top right down to the bottom

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I really hate to put a damper on everyone's hatefest here -- oh wait! No, I don't

I'm pretty sure ol' Rahm's just lashing out because... well... the best defense is a good offense as he continues to refuse to meet with anti-violence groups in Chicago... and because he was mighty embarrassed by their show of strength just last month.

Father Mike's shutdown of Dan Ryan aimed directly at Mayor Emanuel

Of course, it's not just the mayor IGNORING THE ANTI-VIOLENCE EFFORTS!!!

Anti-violence protesters shut down Dan Ryan: 'Today was the attention-getter, but now comes the action'

Reading this OP, one would think that Chicago is the ONLY PLACE in the whole world that has absolute perfect moral and ethical leadership... and it's everyone else's fault the city has gone to hell in a handbasket.

But it's all good when it lets some folks pat themselves on the back for being so awesome while pointing out all the thugs and animals, eh?

Meh, one protest is hardly doing anything. Just virtue signaling. The protest also essentially ignored holding the actual gang members and community responsible. Just more deflection to blame other entities.

Also notice they didn't even protest in the communities affected by the violence. I'd be more impressed if they brought that many people into Englewood and Austin to run the drug dealers and gang members off the block.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

People need to stop fearing criminals and gangsters.

Thats why we have a 2nd amendment. Scared? Carry a gun.

If the good people of those communities decided they had had enough of the gangsters ans leave or fight back the culture will change. I cant imagine theres many left who would live under those circumstances.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

MS-13 are really just good neighborhood kids. The MSM taught me that.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

While he does have a point, he himself also severely lacks morals and social values, having been up the democrats collective a$$es for Obama's eight years. He's doing nothing but watching his city burn sounds awfully familiar.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join