It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel - Black and Hispanic Neighborhoods Lack Morals and Values.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: avgguy

NFL and NBA "players", need to play there "games" and not be so political.
Nobody cares about the opinion of people that play "games" for a "living".

I hear NFL owners changed their mind, and will NOT punish players who disrespect America, after all. I hope patriots will not attend a single game, or buy a single NFL wearable this season.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Keep in mind too for those that don't know... the typical age of a "shooter" in Chicago is 15 years old. Let that sink in...

Did you say in another thread that there are very few organized gangs left in Chicago now?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: carewemust

Ahhh the irony of Democrats lecturing about values they themselves destroyed by making the 2 parents living in the same household families a rarity in those areas the Mayor of Chicago is lecturing about.

Maybe they should try a different Party for a change.

As candidate Trump told inner-city residents... "Try something different, by voting for me. What the hell do you have to lose?!"

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Had to star that.

All this bs, finally some sanity.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

You're right. N.Y. governor Cuomo wasn't attempting to be constructive at all, when he declared that "America Never Was Great". He's lost a lot of brain cells somehow.

But at least Rahm Emanuel is knocking on right door. But as far as I can find, most national MSM is totally ignoring his statements. And the Chicago Tribune is only running stories that blast the mayor for saying what he did.

Example: www.chicagotribune.com...

I guess except for FoxNews, most mainstream media want inner-city Blacks/Hispanics to continue shooting each other.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Edumakated
Keep in mind too for those that don't know... the typical age of a "shooter" in Chicago is 15 years old. Let that sink in...

Did you say in another thread that there are very few organized gangs left in Chicago now?

There are organized gangs, but they aren't the massive gang organizations from the 70s/80s/90s with real leadership. The feds brought down most of truly OG gang leaders (i.e. Jeff Fort and Larry Hoover) that commanded hundreds if not thousands of members.

The gangs now are literally just groups of neighborhood kids. They may claim allegiance to say Black Disciples or Gangster Disciples, but they have their own little faction. A "gang" may literally just be like 10 or so guys from a one or two block area. They don't even wear colors or anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Is Rahm Emanuel now alt-right?

On a side note

*clap* *clap* *clap*

"The Grinch" experienced a similar awakening.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Wow...

Actually pinning a solution on the individuals themselves. Very uncharacteristic. Normally it's everybody else's and everything else's fault but the perpetrator.

At this point, Chicago probably needs more than "discussion". More like serious intervention in those neighborhoods. Immediately.

You know why? Ol Rahmbo realized that the buck was about to stop at him, so it was time to pin responsibility on the individuals in question for a change.

Ironically, he's right to do it, but it only took the need to save his own political skin to get there.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The Federal Income-tax system is designed to foster and reward a Husband-Wife-Children living arrangement. But not a Boyfriend-Girlfriend-Children living arrangement.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

DNC will be ousting him for breaking with the their utopian narrative in that "liberal" fantasy land they've socially engineered up there.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The parent who enables their young teen child to be out of the house/apartment at 1:00am should be fined. That would reduce late-night shootings significantly.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The Federal Income-tax system is designed to foster and reward a Husband-Wife-Children living arrangement. But not a Boyfriend-Girlfriend-Children living arrangement.

Yeah, but welfare and other aid programs are designed around single women which is the problem.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Not really. Many young married couples suffer far lower refunds due to the combined incomes when it comes to the Earned Income Credit. It's better to be unmarried and living together.

I see it happen all the time to newly married couples. They get a far smaller refund filing married as opossed to them filing separately like they had done prior to getting married.

Being married penalizes young lower income families, taxwise. That is something that needs to be fixed.
edit on 17-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Re: www.chicagotribune.com...
So most of these 7 people, including the toddler, shot a couple hours ago at one location, were probably "collateral damage", related to a gang beef? That makes sense. It's unlikely that all of them were gang members.

Rahm Emanuel issued an order to police this week, to not let any large groups gather. I wonder what "large" is?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
This guy has always given me the creeps ever since I saw that vid clip where he talked about canceling the 2nd amendment for people on the terror watchlist back when Obama was running for president.

How interesting that he now just happens to be mayor of Chicago, huh?

That would have been when Rahm Emanuel was a U.S. Congressman. I'll have to look up that vidclip. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

OK..thanks for explaining how splintered and un-organized the gangs are now. That might be one reason why police are having such a hard time reducing the shootings. They have no "top dogs" to work with.

There was a proposal last week for paying a "basic income" to targeted Chicago residents. I think it's geared towards reducing the shootings, somehow.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good point! It might not be a "moral awakening" on Emanuel's part.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
This guy has always given me the creeps ever since I saw that vid clip where he talked about canceling the 2nd amendment for people on the terror watchlist back when Obama was running for president.

How interesting that he now just happens to be mayor of Chicago, huh?

That would have been when Rahm Emanuel was a U.S. Congressman. I'll have to look up that vidclip. Thanks!

Actually, I may have been a little off on the exact time but it was around 2007-2009ish. The point is that it's suspicious to me that he later went on to be the mayor of Chicago and now suddenly gun violence is sky high in Chicago.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Do the new tax-cuts/tax-reform make it more beneficial to be married now?

For 2018-2025, the TCJA almost doubles the standard deduction amounts. The 2018 standard deductions are as follows.

• $12,000 for singles (up from $6,350 for 2017)
• $24,000 for joint-filing married couples (up from $12,700)
• $18,000 for heads of households (up from $9,350)
Source: www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 8/17/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Unfortunately, this time Rahm is correct, however, he doesn't give an 'ish. Screw his corrupt mafiaso arse. He's literally tha Chi-town version of that other Manafort scumbag of the Ukraine. I hope real citizen power takes over n fixes their local problems.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join