It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the US economy went wrong....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think where the US economic system went wrong is with the dynamic created by the stockmarket..

It has created a system that eats itself... well really it eats it’s employees..

A buisness no longer just needs to be profitable....

Now it needs to be more profitable than it was last year to make a profit for the investors that invested this year..

This creates a vicious cycle where a business is required to constantly earn more than the did the previous year.

Well you can’t really make materials cost less...

You can’t really make your utilities cost less..

However, you can almost always find someone who will work for less..

So what do The ALWAYS cut first??

Labor.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m quite sure access to oodles of investors has created countless jobs, but it has also created a serpent eating its own tail.

AND THAT IS WITHOUT PAYING OFF POLITICIANS for lower taxes and deregulation..

Add all of that together with a heaping shovel full of automation and is it really any suprise wages have stagnated since the 70s????

edit on 17-8-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I definitely agree that the stock market is a rigged game that is out of touch with main street. It becomes where the company's stock becomes just as important a product as what it actually produces. There is no sense anymore to stock prices the fundamentals of a company don't matter anymore as people only invest on hype.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Time for a resistance revolt !!

Fight for your wages.

Make the system work for you.

💥🎃💥

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Other than real estate the stock market is the greatest vehicle for wealth we have. You really only need to invest in some funds to make a ton of money over time. If you have knowledge you can make even more.

If you don’t invest it is your own fault. You need to invest every month as the first thing you do. Pay yourself first.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
While the stock market is a losing battle, taxes are the real stranglehold on the economy- but all pales in comparison to the hundred foot golden statue of an elephant in the room: fractional reserve lending.

The money system itself is designed to slowly, over time, move ownership of anything and everything to the central bank.
Every day the average people carry more debt and less ownership- we have things we don't own, and we pay labor as interest on those things. We trade our only asset in exchange for having more than we own, which in turn drives up the cost of everything, forcing our next purchase to carry more debt than our last.

It's a feedback loop that ends with runaway currency- a problem we've been facing for a few years now. They call it "quantitative easing".

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If you can't beat them, join them. With this booming economy, millions of people are doing just that.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: an325nt
While the stock market is a losing battle, taxes are the real stranglehold on the economy- but all pales in comparison to the hundred foot golden statue of an elephant in the room: fractional reserve lending.

The money system itself is designed to slowly, over time, move ownership of anything and everything to the central bank.
Every day the average people carry more debt and less ownership- we have things we don't own, and we pay labor as interest on those things. We trade our only asset in exchange for having more than we own, which in turn drives up the cost of everything, forcing our next purchase to carry more debt than our last.

It's a feedback loop that ends with runaway currency- a problem we've been facing for a few years now. They call it "quantitative easing".

Quoted for absolute Truth.

A fiat currency is designed to take all real wealth and property from the citizenry and transfer it to the owner of the currency.

All else in our economy pales before this, as a problem.

As for those who think that the US government owns the currency, please read up on it.

I wish more people would understand this basic concept.

Wish I could give you 100 stars.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: an325nt

Quoted for absolute Truth.

A fiat currency is designed to take all real wealth and property from the citizenry and transfer it to the owner of the currency.

All else in our economy pales before this, as a problem.

As for those who think that the US government owns the currency, please read up on it.

I wish more people would understand this basic concept.

Wish I could give you 100 stars.

Winner Winner,
Chicken dinner!

You got it right!

edit on 17-8-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The DOW30 has never had a 30 year period that lost money.

Take any year and look 30 years later.

Great for long term retirement income.

Better than SS

DOW30

😎

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Have you told Trump about this? You need to.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That certainly is one aspect. But I believe that treating corporations as if they are citizens is a huge downfall. Huge tax breaks for HUGE corporations create a tax debt that can only be paid for...by the laborers. Sure those tax breaks create jobs...but those tax breaks are paid by the very citizens that inhabit that locale, county, state or commonwealth.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The DOW30 has never had a 30 year period that lost money.

Take any year and look 30 years later.

Great for long term retirement income.

Better than SS

DOW30

😎

Thirty two years ago, the house I grew up in was purchased for 8 grand.
Today it's worth well over 250, and this isn't one of those markets with huge boom cycles- it will never sell for below 200 again.

Is the house with any more today than it was thirty years ago?

No. If anything it's worth much less. The city had grown, the taxes have risen, the pollution has become a problem.
Above all else, the mandatory inflation caused by a flawed, downright evil monetary system has stolen that house- the current owners owe many times the total value of that house, and their wages can never keep up with the rate of devaluation of the currency they blindly trust.

In thirty more years, I don't expect the truth to be hidden so well- assuming the currency doesn't belly flop before then.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So you're complaining about the cheap labor derived from open boarders? You're funny sometimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Where the US economy went wrong

Ummm..... Jekyll island?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If I see another person write "boarder" I'm going to go postal. Learn English before trying to debate economics.

taxes are the real stranglehold on the economy

Delusion at it's worst. Corporations are the stranglehold on the economy. They take all the money while destroying people and the planet. Population growth is the other destructive factor causing housing prices to skyrocket and stiff job competition.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
If I see another person write "boarder" I'm going to go postal. Learn English before trying to debate economics.

taxes are the real stranglehold on the economy

Delusion at it's worst. Corporations are the stranglehold on the economy. They take all the money while destroying people and the planet. Population growth is the other destructive factor causing housing prices to skyrocket and stiff job competition.

Thank you for calling out boarder people. I have some 2x12 pressure treated boards I'd love to hit them with. Really hard, in the head. Good ramps...

Corporations ARE evil, but the tax system is what allowed them to exist. Mom and pop shops would still rule the landscape if nut for broken tax law...

But I'll defer to the rest of my post- broken money is the real problem.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
I think where the US economic system went wrong is with the dynamic created by the stockmarket..

It has created a system that eats itself... well really it eats it’s employees..

Now it needs to be more profitable than it was last year to make a profit for the investors that invested this year..

This creates a vicious cycle where a business is required to constantly earn more than the did the previous year.

Labor.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m quite sure access to oodles of investors has created countless jobs, but it has also created a serpent eating its own tail.

Add all of that together with a heaping shovel full of automation and is it really any suprise wages have stagnated since the 70s????

Live your dream, move to Cuba!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Labor.

Cough Cough... Record Number of 401k Millionaires.

Happy to say I'm in that group now. Started saving in my first job out of college at 22. Nothing fancy, just took the company matches and tried to max every year. Wife did the same thing. Millionaires in early 40s. Black too... so I guess I also got lucky and missed that systematic white supremacy too.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Labor.

This is demonstrably false. Companies are always making innovations that lower cost in materials, utilities, etc. Yes, labor is an easy way to cut costs but that can only go so far.

I do agree companies lose focus on the long term trying to satiate investors each quarter, but that is another issue all together. If you are invested, you would want to see your money growing though.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Trump is wanting to end the need for corporations to provide year quarter financial results.

These are really meaningless because in different industries, the demand for services depends on the time of year. Maybe it's government purchase contracts, students going back to college, and so on.

Sometimes one quarter can be low, then the next one high. That just encourages shareholders to demand that employees are fired to make up the shortfall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join