It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi pulls in staggering sums for Dems despite facing opposition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: CB328

Just asking, politely, so who do americans pick for a democrat leader? Pelosi or Clinton.

Appears they are both rich. I am an outsider, just trying to get a grasp of this.

regards as always,

bally

Well they picked Hillary to run for President. By they I mean the DNC. Pelosi is a representative from California who is almost a shoe in for re-election in her district. She raises a lot of money, which she keeps a lot but gives funds to other Democrats who are running, so they can get the majority in our house and senate.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Something's wrong with this picture.

Have you ever seen her speak? Shes sharp as a tack. I bet she makes Warren buffet look like a hack day trader with her investment skills.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To sum up the article by Manu Raju, CNN, it somewhat details the amount of money raised by Pelosis.

These ARE some very good numbers, admittedly and I am not the least surprised. Despite what I personally think of the woman, shes been in the business for quite some time, therefore would know whats needed to make a drive for the lane.

Assuming, she rolled up the sleeves and said, "just one mo fo old mama!" an reached deep into that old pocketbook.

Furthermore, it delves into the single most important fact that yes, there has been opposition from every angle and still, she pulled in a hefty sum, however, that's the extent.

The OP has seemingly omitted some important info that would have put holes in its theory. Theory that a coming blue wave will indeed, come.

The article continues on stating that she seems to be the ONLY one pulling her weight, as where the next three below her barely pull in the low millions.

Additionally, the article further states that other Dems beyond those top four are just not cutting it, big names to like Mad Maxine and Gabbard, simply just aren't pulling in their set goals.

This effectively splatters the wave and while I'll admit this does "bode well for democrats" it's relatively a small boon and in no way impact the GOP.

All in all, OP came out swinging, commendable, just couldn't quite cut it imo.

Starred, no flag tho 😤

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Also, prominent politicians make a fair amount of money giving speaches at various events.

Having seen her speak, it's no wonder that someone as eloquent, coherent and who can convey such wisdom to a crowd doesn't bring top dollar on the speaking circuit.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This district map needs to be re-drawn.

There is no logical reason why the city of San Francisco should have their own seat in congress.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Just asking, politely, so who do americans pick for a democrat leader? Pelosi or Clinton

I don't know. I would pick Biden, but I'd probably be outvoted. Probably Michelle Obama will be it.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Just asking, politely, so who do americans pick for a democrat leader? Pelosi or Clinton

I don't know. I would pick Biden, but I'd probably be outvoted. Probably Michelle Obama will be it.

Michelle would be a good pick, but I'm guessing the dems will try to field a woman for their next presidential pick.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Thank you for that explanation. With all her money what does she do for the homeless and destitute in her electorate?

I hear a lot about campers on the streets in that part of the US crapping on the streets and living in tents. Maybe I have the wrong district. Dunno. Anyway, does she spend her fortunes to assist the poor over there?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
People love to criticize the "homeless problem" in California. It's all about perspective. Some see it as a negative. In reality these people are just living a "low carbon" lifestyle. No big energy, not consuming massive amounts of non recyclable material like you " house dwellers".

Also, the feces thing is blown out of proportion. Feces creates a smoother surface on the roads/sidewalks. Lowering wear on roads and footwear, which eliminates carbon emissions present in road repair and shoe manufacturing.
edit on 17-8-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Sorry, but a little off topic. Obama is over here giving talks. Usual security and all.

Do all American Politicians go on the talk fest there and over seas. Staggering amount of money they charge and I guess Pelosi would be no exception.

regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Fair enough, I get your take. Might detour that area when on vacation.

cheers for the heads up on that situ.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

People love to hear politicians "talk", they get paid a lot to " talk".

It's really just another way to funnel large sums of money to politicians from major corps and special interest groups.

Not for anything nefarious, just to hear them "talk" of course.

So sadly it is very common.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm hearing you. Seems strange that a septic comes all the way to Aussie to tell us how to run our country and how great he was as the first Kenyan president of the United states of America. Hoo Rah!

kind regards, bally

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. Would Michelle Obama have the undivided support from Clinton and/or Pelosi for the presidency?

regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

DP, sorry

edit on 17-8-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Nancy Pelosi pulls in staggering sums for Dems

Good . She was hoping for an uptick in funds in the DNC as she was worried about the cost of her upcoming major facelift and brain transplant
"If I only had a brain"
Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz
And Scarecrow actually fits the description as well....

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I dunno, but one of them is still somewhat relevant and in office

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Thank you for that explanation. With all her money what does she do for the homeless and destitute in her electorate?

Absolutely nothing. That is the strange thing about it. But in her defense I don't know of many politicians that actually help their constituents either.

I hear a lot about campers on the streets in that part of the US crapping on the streets and living in tents. Maybe I have the wrong district. Dunno. Anyway, does she spend her fortunes to assist the poor over there?

That would be the one. You are correct.

Humbly,
Highvein.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

“#MerfolkLivesMatter”

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Not unlike the rest of Democrat criminals,your liberals are all on the take,the criminals who run party get their money through criminal dealings,George Soros,you have no clue what so ever

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join