It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

350 Times the Pay for only 50% More Work

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Maybe because you haven’t spent your life using predatory buisness practices???

Lol

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Although I agree with you that nothing should be "forced", there is something really morally wrong here.
There was a time when a company did well, so did it's employees. They shared the wealth. Now only the top percent and the shareholders share the wealth. Someone mentioned no CEO no company, well it goes both ways, no workers no company either!

The problem I see with so many things today is that it is all or nothing, black or white. There is no inbetween, when in life everything can be in between. CEO can make a lot of money, and can give their employees good pay and benefits. Look at why Costco is doing better than Sam's club.

When people like Jeff Bezos makes 150 BILLION, (most people don't really grasp how large a BILLION is, well 1 million seconds equal 11 and 1/2 days.
1 billion seconds equal 31 and 3/4 years.

I digress, something is wrong when Jeff Bezos makes that and people are being worked to death at Amazon factories. www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with that..

The pay rate in America has been stagnant since the 70s in retaliation to CEO pay..

The CEOs used to make 10xs the average employee and now they make 200xs the average employees.

Employees used to get retirement and benefits because owners assumed they were responsible for taking care of those who gave their lives working for them..

Not anymore....

The stockmarket has made it where no profit is ever enough... no matter how profitable your buisness is . You have to make more next year for this years investors.

Well you can’t make materials or utilities cost less, but you can cut labor..

This has led to companies throwing handfuls of cheap labor at the problem rather than investing in employees who emotionally invest in your company.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Really, do you think insatiable greed is the only incentive in life.

No.

However, making enough money to live life the way you want to is an incentive.

Which is why it is called "making a living."

You think it insatiable greed because you are one of the ones that will never invent anything, never get to where you are able to live life however you want to, never run a company.

So obviously your unhappiness is the fault of people making money, not you.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Although I agree with you that nothing should be "forced", there is something really morally wrong here.
There was a time when a company did well, so did it's employees. They shared the wealth. Now only the top percent and the shareholders share the wealth. Someone mentioned no CEO no company, well it goes both ways, no workers no company either!

The problem I see with so many things today is that it is all or nothing, black or white. There is no inbetween, when in life everything can be in between. CEO can make a lot of money, and can give their employees good pay and benefits. Look at why Costco is doing better than Sam's club.

When people like Jeff Bezos makes 150 BILLION, (most people don't really grasp how large a BILLION is, well 1 million seconds equal 11 and 1/2 days.
1 billion seconds equal 31 and 3/4 years.

I digress, something is wrong when Jeff Bezos makes that and people are being worked to death at Amazon factories. www.businessinsider.com...

Been a long time since I've been in a business that doesn't have profit sharing. Or stock options.

Wouldn't work for a company that didn't.

Not quite sure what Bezos has to do with anything, besides the fact that he found something he could sell with a ready market for it and thus is doing quite well.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Would you be complaining if you were a ceo?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Lol. It happens every once in a while.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Are you a communist or something?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Be the CEO
edit on 8172018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I joke, I kid, I play around a lot.

But seriously?

I'm a regional director.

I work 7 days a week.

I make good money. Sh#t. I make great god-damned money.

But I also make the decisions. The "buck stops with me". I have to answer not just for my decisions but for the decisions made by my staff.

I make more than the people who work for me. But I also have a higher education, BS, MBS, MBA. I earned it.

They didn't.

When they can do what I can do, then they should take my place (hopefully) and I can retire.

I get so damned tired of people that walk off the street, look at what I make, and think they can do the same thing without 40 god-damned years of experience behind them.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have no negativity towards people that make money and am not unhappy at all. Greed doesn't equate to happiness because it always remains insatiable. I had my own company, albeit small, creating software, so you have not imaged me at all well.

Its known that a great many CEO's display psychopathic behaviour. So our economic model is allowing the worse of society to rule society. Its not their fault. its the fault of our economic model.

link   

Really, do you think insatiable greed is the only incentive in life.

Nope, the incentive for my career so far has been to make what I need to so I can live life the way I want.

New agey Matrix quotes are great on motivational posters but in the real world their is exactly 0 wrong with being successful and making money. I feel no shame for doing well and I certainly don't feel responsible because someone else that didn't make the same career choices and sacrifices is not doing as well. I also don't get jealous of some CEO making a bazillion dollars a year as it just motivates me to compete and try to obtain the same level of success.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

something

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

45.9% of worlds wealth goes to 0.7% of the population which is ludicrous. Perhaps they should introduce a law in which the highest paid jobs can be no more than 10x the pay of the lowest paid jobs. Thereby forcing better equality into the system.

So a person who dumps the trash is within 10x pay of the guy that lead 180,000 people? I think I'll just dump trash...lol

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

It has nothing to do with that..

The pay rate in America has been stagnant since the 70s in retaliation to CEO pay..

The CEOs used to make 10xs the average employee and now they make 200xs the average employees.

Employees used to get retirement and benefits because owners assumed they were responsible for taking care of those who gave their lives working for them..

Not anymore....

The stockmarket has made it where no profit is ever enough... no matter how profitable your buisness is . You have to make more next year for this years investors.

Well you can’t make materials or utilities cost less, but you can cut labor..

This has led to companies throwing handfuls of cheap labor at the problem rather than investing in employees who emotionally invest in your company.

Sounds good if you were right...

Wages in the United States increased 4.89 percent in May of 2018 over the same month in the previous year. Wage Growth in the United States averaged 6.20 percent from 1960 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 13.77 percent in January of 1979 and a record low of -5.77 percent in March of 2009.

United States Wages and Salaries

So in reference to what we SHOULD be talking about, which is wage growth, you are wrong.

Now, I will admit it has been crappy since 2009, but now we are finally seeing an uptick again.

Taxing corporations off of the continent and stifling regulations is what has actually kept wage growth down.

However, that seems to be getting fixed, companies are now spending money again in the US, on increasing production primarily.

We now have more jobs than people to fill them.

With that will come increased wages.

Give it another year.

edit on 17-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If business owners take all those massive risks, why shouldn't they reap the rewards when you risk nothing?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That will be your choice. Others will kindly accept the 10x pay

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

If more money was shared by workers it could result in the opposite.

If this was soooo great, why hasn't it ever worked anywhere?

🎃

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Before I opened the store I did interior decorating while holding a retail job.
For some reason people thought a creative job required no skills and some (many) balked at my fees. A few tried to get my plan before paying me. I worked on a contract basis. No creativity without a contract . Those folks were left with the ideas in my portfolio but nothing for their space. They could do that with House Beautiful magazine if they just wanted pictures.
I went to school too but there's also imagination and talent involved in decorating. I had to be psychiatrist and counselor to find out their needs sometimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Because we exist in a corporatocracy ruled by the 0.7% that won't let it happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join