It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record rain and floods in Pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Im in the Philadelphia area, literally working in the almost exact middle of Center City and living right over one of the bridges in NJ..

Its certainly has been wetter then I recall in past Summers.At least that has been my perception of weather in the city.
I'm not a religious person so I don't think it's the end times.
I don't believe in Awakened Mind Youtube stuff so I don't think it's HAARP or anything ridiculous like that.
Personally I believe it's a mix of the normal weather cycles the planet goes through coupled with global warming causing this uptick in severe weather.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think there has been a lot of volcanic activity this year gotta imagine that has an impact on weather

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
PA person here. We're having a lot of fun with all this water. With the confluence of the nonstop rain, the high humidity and rising water tables, our local school found a mold issue. It's all over both school buildings. School is postponed, initial cost over a million and, apparently, as crews work on sections of the buildings, the damage uncovered is increasing tremendously.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mountainmeg

yeah crazy huh?

business is good for restoration maybe I should buy a few dehumidifiers

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
PA person here too. North central. We've had more rain than
usual too, but not nearly as much as southern & eastern PA!
In the Spring, we had so much rain, that hundreds of pine trees
in our town were blown down in a storm, because the ground
was so saturated! They fell & their shallow roots pulled right
out of the ground! The deciduous trees didn't have their leaves
yet, so they weren't affected. Plus they have a deeper root
system. Never saw anything like it!

Lately, every time we go to Wally World, we get hit with a
deluge! It's fine when we go in. Nothing even close yet on the
radar, but before we even check out, a storm pops up & there
is so much rain hitting the skylights, that it sounds like huge
hail! There was so much rain, so fast, & it was so deep in the
parking lot, that I thought cars were going to start floating!
It was coming down so hard, that when you looked outside,
it was hard to see the cars in the parking lot! They should
start putting the umbrellas up at the checkouts, they would
make a bundle! The windshield wipers couldn't even keep up.
When we got home...not a drop of rain there! It was that
fast & localized! And it's been like that all spring & summer!

WOQ

What the heck! It didn't look like this when I typed it out!!!

edit on 17-8-2018 by wasobservingquietly because: Gremlins!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Three years ago in S.E. Asia the reservoirs/lakes were really looking bad for many farming communities as everything was drying up... This year they are all full and emergency release of water is necessary for protecting the damns (Laos had a damn break with loss of life).

This has been the best rainy season I can remember if you like rain every day and cooler temps. Also there are historic floods going on in many places of the world: Worst floods in a century kill scores in India's Kerala newsletter.thaivisa.com...

KOCHI/BENGALURU, India (Reuters) - The worst floods in a century in the Indian state of Kerala have killed 164 people and forced more than 200,000 into relief camps, officials said on Friday, with the toll expected to rise as heavy rain pushes water levels higher still.

This year there has been flooding (I am not talking just a few streets flooded but homes and lives lost) in Japan, Laos, Myanmar, Bangkok, Montecito S.C., Turkey, Toronto, Utah and I could go on and on...

Page was correct when he said that the jet streams do not cause the storms, however they do steer and have a direct effect on the storm tracts..

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I believe we're going into an El Niño, at least on the West Coast. Fire weather season.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Australia is having droughts, but India is having the worst monsoons they have had in decades

If you look at the global wind map, there is some wind circulation pattern going straight from Australia out across the Pacific and back into India:

earth.nullschool.net.../wind/surface/level/orthographic=-294.72,-1.87,353

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

After reading many story's regarding history,different cultures etcetra,you come to the conclusion,that the earth has been devastated over the course of history,with plenty of proof that a catacylism has happened more then once,and looks like it will happen again,with that star system advancing on us,it will be like a giant magnet,great effect on earths rotation,like trying to put 2 magnets to gether

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah man, I live in the Lebanon area of PA I have to agree this weather has been crazy, non stop thunderstorms

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You must be in a different area of PA. In my area, it has been HOT for weeks. Right now it is 88 and very humid. That's cooler than the norm, as it has usually been in the mid to upper 90s during the day. Last night it was a bit cooler, down to 73, but a couple of nights ago I took the dog out at night and it was so hot I had to check the temp, and it was 94, at 10 PM.

I have big white mushrooms growing in my yard where there never were mushrooms before. My parents have a water mark on their fence showing how deep the water was in their yard this week - it was almost a foot deep.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I might be used to heat from living in much hotter parts of the US but to me it hasn't been that hot. Few weeks here or there but they may not be unusual. What's truly unusual is the rain.

Oooo you may have puffballs in your yard! mmmm dinner!

I wouldn't try it though if you aren't into identifying mushrooms it can be dangerous, just a hobby of mine

it's it's down pouring as we speak
edit on 18-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Yeah man, I live in the Lebanon area of PA I have to agree this weather has been crazy, non stop thunderstorms

I’m luckily on a hill but in the area with the major flooding. Basements and first floors filled with water. Just got done helping family rip out carpets and flooring.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.phillyvoice.com...

west nile virus showing up in PA, several cases reported by me today something to keep an eye on

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
going to be in the 50's all week at night, pretty cool, been getting cool like this here all summer it's only stayed above 70 at night for around 2 weeks maybe

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes
Pm me brother I can help, sounds like your from pine grove

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am from Boston, and my family(s) meet up in Prince Edward Island most every summer. Just got back.
Never seen it so warm and humid up there for such an extended period and such little rain. Most noticeable, was the water temperature. It was like bath water.

This is about a 40 year period we have been going up there, and the weather and water have never been like this, as far as I can remember. If you had a truck full of window air conditioners, you could have made a fortune up there this month, as they are all sold out of the stores.

Still, it is a cycle extreme, as I can remember times up there where it rained the whole month of August as well.

The entire planet is in a real funky mood.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Interesting 2018 Forecast here........

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Guess we don't have a 97% consensus on how much the solar activity impacts climate do we?

There is experimental evidence indicating that increased Galactic Cosmic Ray (GCR) activity, caused by a reduction in solar activity, provides for additional cloud formation.

GCRs that are no longer swept aside by the decreasing solar wind make their way to the inner solar system. When these particles impact the Earth's atmosphere a secondary reaction is initiated which releases other particles that serve as cloud condensation nuclei, around which clouds form.

I'm not sure of the meteorological impact of additional cloud cover. I would guess that it means more rain. However, additional clouds increase the planet's albedo, thus offsetting some of the greenhouse gas effect.

My understanding is that the theory says this increased albedo effect will have a limited effect on long-term warming induced by greenhouse gas emissions.

Disclaimer: This is all from memory, so I may have gotten some of the facts wrong...

-dex

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wish they could send some here, forest fires bad this year in B.C.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join