It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record rain and floods in Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok flat earthers and climatologist please share with us your analysis on how humans are causing more rain.

Just kidding. Anyway, it's been raining non stop for the last 2 months in what's usually the driest 2 months of the year. I mean the rain is non stop, NON STOP!!!!!

I think it hasn't rained 1 day in August, I'm pretty sure the records for August are going to break as well.

July, All time record rainfall

With almost a week to go, it's already the wettest July on record in Harrisburg and other towns

Seriously, it doesn't end, there's a thunderstorm happening as we speak, I haven't been able to do anything outside all summer.

Flooding EVERYWHERE!!

Tons of water. With the droughts happening in Europe and Australia I'm wondering... what's going on? Seems like there is a shift in air currents in the upper atmosphere.

Jet stream changing

Scientists Say A Fluctuating Jet Stream May Be Causing Extreme Weather Events

or could it be related to all the numerous amounts of volcanic activity happening globally?

Active volcanoe map

Or could any of this be related to the maunder minimum?

Maunder Minimum

According to some more skeptical scientists such a small solar influence is counterintuitive. The Little Ice Age, the period roughly from 1350 to 1850, in which winters on the Northern Hemisphere could be severe and glaciers advanced, coincided with the so-called Maunder Minimum, a period of supposedly low solar activity. In their eyes, the sun therefore still is a serious candidate to also explain a substantial part of the warming since pre-industrial times.

Guess we don't have a 97% consensus on how much the solar activity impacts climate do we?

Anyway what do you think fellow flat earthers? What's up with the weather? Is it the presidant's fault?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not sure what it is called , but the poles of the Earth are changing and that surely is one of the reasons why we are recently have unusual weather patterns worldwide. Have you seen the dried-up rivers in Spain.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I haven't I would be interested in checking it out though have any links?

sure seems like the poles are shifting both culturally and in weather patterns

as above so below
edit on 17-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Earth is getting warmer and we don't know how that affects weather patterns.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's not Trump's fault but he's not helping it by denying that Climate Change exists. It's only gonna get worse. My opinion.
edit on 17-8-2018 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Global warming causes climates to change.

Scientists Say A Fluctuating Jet Stream May Be Causing Extreme Weather Events
Trouble is, jet streams don't really cause weather. It's a common misconception, one that "consumer grade" science perpetuates.

The locations of the jet streams are determined by the convergence of large air masses of different temperatures. The polar jet forms where the cold polar airmass meets the warmer temperate airmass. The subtropical jet forms where the warm temperature airmass meets the warmer tropical airmass. Jet streams are more of a result than a cause. It's the convergence of these air masses which also create weather systems and the jet streams make convenient "markers" for where that will happen, that's why TV weathermen like to talk about them so much.
www.weather.gov...

These large airmasses vary in extent and location, as they change shape the location of the jet streams change. Theory is that, since the Arctic is warming more rapidly than temperate reqions, the interface between airmasses is becoming more erratic.

Or could any of this be related to the maunder minimum?
The Maunder Minimum happened quite a while ago but whether it affected climate, that's questionable. Solar activity has been declining for 50 or 60 years, while temperatures have been increasing.

edit on 8/17/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The earth goes through cycles and I don't believe in global warming.
I think the weather will get worse since we are in the end times.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hello Phage. Haven't heard from you in a while.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Records don't exist, haven't you heard? Neither do facts, logic or science either according to Republicans.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Records don't exist, haven't you heard? Neither do facts, logic or science either according to Republicans.

Do you see everything as Left vs right?

You need help bro..

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Interesting... happened a while ago huh..

Looks like a solar minimum will peak in 2020.

some scientific.org website

She commented on how the changes in the Sun are likely to affect the Earth's environment. “During the minimum, the intensity of solar radiation will be reduced dramatically. So we will have less heat coming into the atmosphere, which will reduce the temperature.”

Study on grand solar minimum's

Seems like there isn't a consensus and you absolutism may be unfounded.

We must not ignore the effects of global warming and assume that it isn't happening. “The Sun buys us time to stop these carbon emissions,” Zharkova says. The next minimum might give the Earth a chance to reduce adverse effects from global warming.

And look, she is a global warmer.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
We are having another stormy night here in PA. I am sitting here with friends and we were all just discussing which is the best path home from here since many roads are flooded.

It has literally been non stop rain for weeks. Roads are flooded every day. Yards are flooded. It's also hot and humid, into the 90s, even at night.

If winter is like this we will be buried under feet of snow.

edit on 8/17/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

it's been getting cool here at night low 60's and even 50's, oddly enough the leaves are turning in the mountains already and if this keeps up during winter get ready

buy lots of food and water and be prepared

I've honestly never seen it rain this much in july and august and my allergies are going INSANE

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

“Consumer grade” science? Is that like SPAM? Or more like Chef Boyardee?

Don’t forget “fat tails”. Ya know, more frequent, large-loss weather events. More 500-year (I’m thinking they’re gonna need new maps — hydrology degrees will have a direct relationship to global warming) floods in the mid-latitudes; more of this year’s European-type heat wave; drought-prone areas experiencing negative feedback loops that create losses an order of magnitude greater than the actuarial projections (looking at you California); all-in-all, planning for sh$t that you can’t plan for or mitigate and adapting to a new norm.

At any rate, it has yet to break 96 here and we’re a few inches above normal in rainfall. I can’t remember a summer — that I’ve been here — where we didn’t break triple digits once, let alone 97...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

hasn't been hot at all, 2-3 weeks were really bad but overall it's been really cool, not surprised winter didn't end until almost June.

also I posted some actual science that counters the narrative above check it out, not everyone in the scientific community actually agrees, I know the chef boyarde version of science wants you to believe that though

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Here in N.J. it has been Raining at some Time All Summer almost Every Week like Clockwork . Why ? ...I have No Freakin ' Idea like Most Climate Scientists.....

edit on 17-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

it's freakin endless I've honestly never seen anything like it except maybe hurricane's in Floreduh

I'm not even surprised they don't have answers, they just default to "global warming durrr" and everyone falls right in line, lot of people just parroting what their told

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What about the " El Nino " Years ? Are we being Effected by that ?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

ehh?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

God is angry methinks at the local news from there

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join