It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do when you are REALLY angry at someone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Could be that persons loves the image they perceive of you but not their own image, So they trying to break down your image, so they don't feel so bad.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'm somewhat versed in dealing with Scosh* folk. I hate to generalise, however for the most part, those I know are passionate, fairly quick to anger, act on the anger and then forget about it. I think it's fairly healthy insofar as dispelling oneself of the effects of getting pissed off. The folks I know aren't prone to grudges, but they also don't forget a thing. Proud people and they work and play hard. Vast generalisations, of course. Those I know are also displaced from Scotland.

*NEVER "Scottish" ... Scosh.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Exactly why is cutting a toxic person, eating your soul bite by bite, out of your life a no-go? I'm having trouble understanding this one, unless there's some serious co-dependency going on (i.e you need them in one form or another, or they've convinced you of such)

I think you really need to re-evaluate why you cling to them in this manner despite how they manipulate you & make you feel. Are they really worth you being torn down and stomped on, just because their age garners pity?
If they're so horrible to others that they've driven everyone else away, this is a big, flashing neon sign for you, and not one that says "stick it out, honey!"

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Exactly why is cutting a toxic person, eating your soul bite by bite, out of your life a no-go? I'm having trouble understanding this one, unless there's some serious co-dependency going on (i.e you need them in one form or another, or they've convinced you of such)

I think you really need to re-evaluate why you cling to them in this manner despite how they manipulate you & make you feel. Are they really worth you being torn down and stomped on, just because their age garners pity?
If they're so horrible to others that they've driven everyone else away, this is a big, flashing neon sign for you, and not one that says "stick it out, honey!"

I’m going to disagree with you on that assessment. Sure, in some cases, cut them off.. but the OP has already stated she doesn’t want to do that. He/she genuinely seems to want an answer on how to best deal with the anger. Cutting someone out of their life wont change the anger, and may lead to intense feelings of regret.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I use the more direct and highly reactionary method.

I sneak up behind the and urinate on their shoe.

PS. Cover your junk, it could go bad if you flash.

Next...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I do macrame...then I burn it!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I understand. My thoughts go to you during this time time. We hurt/get hurt by the ones we love and care about

Also I think the quote by prez bush jr is shame on me we don’t get fooled again. Or something like that. Hang in there and thank you for your reply

edit on 17-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Tao implies that you should bend with the wind or flow like water. Both meet the immovable object with little resistance and just go around it. But, in the end, the wind and the water overcome. It’s wind and water who, over time, shape the landscape. It’s wind and water who endure long after the immovable object has eroded away.

And if the Tao is too woo for you, in the immortal lyrics of Sublime we are told, “# it, fight it, it’s all the same...”, In other words, it takes the same amount of energy. The catch is one way ensures perpetual conflict and the other way seeks better possibilities.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

it takes a long time to grow a old friend
so hang in there had a old mate over even my kids call him uncle he was pretty #ty so i rang him up the next day and told him to stop being a twat lol mates can do that
edit on 17-8-2018 by Steveogold because: after thought

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Don't just haul off and knock them on their ass, even if they deserve it (and it sounds like they just might)

Best way I handle being ticked off is taking a walk outside, lighting up a cigar or sharing a beer with a neighbor and talking it over. If you live in the country you can go out and shoot at some cans or paper targets, or take a hike through the woods and enjoy nature

All of those things are good stress relievers for me. I try not to get that ticked, otherwise Blood pressure isn't good

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
when i really finally get mad at someone who has just TRIED me too far, it's like all the feeling just shuts down. it's like that person barely exists any more. i'm done talking to them, i'm done looking at them.

but i'm not above sending them an anonymous glitter bomb or bag of gummi dicks years later, just for a laugh

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
but i'm not above sending them an anonymous glitter bomb or bag of gummi dicks years later, just for a laugh

I've run across these online, whoever put them on the market first is an utter genius. Brings a whole new, and literal, meaning to "go eat a bag of dicks".

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
In what way is the elderly person pushing your buttons? The elderly can be cranky or a pain in the butt without really meaning to be. Are they in physical pain all the time? Do they have dementia or something similar? Perhaps they see their life coming to end soon enough and is resentful and angry. Who knows? There are many reasons why they are the way they are.

It takes a lot to get me angry as well. I will talk to the person and express why I am angry or disappointed in them and take it from there.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

it takes a long time to grow a old friend
so hang in there had a old mate over even my kids call him uncle he was pretty #ty so i rang him up the next day and told him to stop being a twat lol mates can do that

LOL! That made me laugh.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join