It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge in Manafort trial says he's been threatened over case

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The threats are coming from Russian operatives.

😨

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I have no doubts that idiots from both sides have shared their ignorance. Hopefully more than one of them was really stupid and gets caught and prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: face23785

It does seem rather silly though, considering that you could probably charge half the people in DC with this same #.
Hmmmmmm. Donald lives in Washington.

I'm sure you could charge him with some white collar crime. That's likely been true of every president. There's a reason why a lot of our presidents have been lawyers. They know how to skirt the grey areas of the law.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: StallionDuck

And the assumption is the threats came from whom? The media?

The MEDIA.

Good as any.

CNN!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Agreed, my thoughts are most likely a mixed verdict. Next most likely is a hung jury, followed up by jury nullification distantly trailed by a genuine acquittal on all 18 counts based on reasonable doubt

I can offer an anecdotal case, although I will have to search for the link. I recall reading about a woman who shot her daughter's attacker to death in open court, but wasn't indicted because of jury nullification. At least one grand jury heard the complaint, but absolutely refused to indict her on the charges. Jury nullification is the only way I see this ending in an acquittal
edit on 8/18/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I fail to understand why this case has garnered such emotion and attention. Manafort's charges have nothing to do with Trump, and the fact Manaforts standing trial & Gates is about to be sentenced tells me neither one of them had productive information relating to the actual purpose of Mueller's office.

Because this is a decades-old alleged conspiracy (one which Rosenstein declined to prosecute 10 years ago......), it clearly is unrelated to the President. Mueller's team had to specify at the start of the trial that the word "Russia" wouldn't even be mentioned clearly unrelated

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
I fail to understand why this case has garnered such emotion and attention. Manafort's charges have nothing to do with Trump, and the fact Manaforts standing trial & Gates is about to be sentenced tells me neither one of them had productive information relating to the actual purpose of Mueller's office.

Because this is a decades-old alleged conspiracy (one which Rosenstein declined to prosecute 10 years ago......), it clearly is unrelated to the President. Mueller's team had to specify at the start of the trial that the word "Russia" wouldn't even be mentioned clearly unrelated

MSM dreck to keep the stories against Trump alive within the Democrat voting public.

πŸ’₯😁πŸ’₯

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So Trump's buddy's on trial, and the judge is getting threats. That he didn't go in to detail about. But somehow, it's the Left threatening the judge -- but not the jurors, he's just being preemptive regarding them -- even though nobody knows what the threats were regarding (current case, past case, who knows)

Sounds about right for trademarked Chicken Little style the OP favors, and depends on posters to be derp enough to swallow.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Even the devout Trump-Russia myth believers are starting to realize there's no there there and Trump isn't getting impeached. So this is the only satisfaction they can hope for. They wanna see Manafort hang, just so they got something out of being led by their noses believing a fairy tale for the last 2 years.
edit on 18 8 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Trump set the MSM dogs loose on the Court too.

They NEED those Jurors' names !!!!!!

It must be the bitter jealousy sunk in.

BwaaaaaπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜πŸ˜ƒ

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump set the MSM dogs loose on the Court too.

You must be on some really good drugs to pull that one our of your ass with a straight face o.O

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No drugs needed, his sentiment is correct.

When Mueller admonished "fake news" in his court filing, it was against CNN/Rachel Maddow MSNBC NOT conservative news sources. Once again, when the left starts getting nervous about the Manafort verdict, who tries to out the jurors knowing full well sycophants will stalk, obsess, harass and threaten? CNN of course.

When will you all realize CNN is a joke on YOU

*none of it makes any sense either, because Manafort's trial has -NOTHING- to do with Trump or Russia or any of that other nonsense thrown around. Likely result is Mueller is fired within a month regardless of its outcome, since the President has made clear he intends to wrap this divisive farce up in Sept. So even if Mueller manages to win this case will only have two effects: 1) Manafort gets pardoned instead of acquitted and 2) Mueller still gets fired anyway for cause due to misconduct.

edit on 8/18/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't understand what everyone is arguing about. The op says the judge was getting threats and therefore won't release the names. And might be getting more threats for refusing to release the names. The msm wants the names but was denied. Is the op wrong or putting a biased spin on the story? I didn't read any where that he's blaming the msm for the threats.
edit on 19-8-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would the ultra Left Democrat MSM want the Jurors' names ??

Why do conspiracy theorists want autopsy photos from mass shootings? Something tells me the threats aren't coming from "the left."

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

I didn't read any where that he's blaming the msm for the threats.

Then you are not familiar with that particular member.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Im familiar with most of the more frequent posters. Where did he blame the msm for the threats? Did I miss something? I keep rereading the op and still don't see where he/she blames the msm for the threats. Maybe she/he has edited it?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Did I miss something?
Yes.
In the OP:

A claim that threats are due to the refusal to release the identities of jurors.

Judge T.S. Ellis is getting threats and has the U.S. Marshals protecting him !!

Seems some of it might have to do with his denial to publish (unseal) some information including the names of the Jurors !!

And an insuation that it is the "ultra left" who is requesting the information.

Why would the ultra Left Democrat MSM want the Jurors' names ??
Hmmmm πŸ’₯πŸ˜ƒπŸ’₯

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Got it. It's the "ultra left" jab that did it. I can, however, logically seeing the judge getting more threats because of his refusal to release the names. Poor jurors. It's a lose lose for them. There's a Hawaiian airlines ad under your post. Strange.

edit on 19-8-2018 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Still desperate for attention I see.

Great !!

Zero point too as usual.

Great !!

πŸ˜ƒπŸ’₯see❌you❌in❌NovemberπŸ’₯πŸ˜ƒ

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Actually, as far as the media goes, its the quote before that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join