It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commie logic

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Europe was the cradle of modern communism after all. One could argue that most indigenous societies were communes by definition, and thus it's pre-industrial predecessor.

Your accusation disregards history in the context of this thread. And there's a certain element of fun-fact within the economic success of Europes social-democracy, given the nature of this topic and all that. It's a pun worth to be repeated, have more covfefe in case you missed it.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo

Wait! Pointing out the chinese product of irony amidst this shallow parade offended you personally? And you think I'm emotional? That's kinda funny in another ironic way, I've gotta give you that.

Just saying mind the gap in the pit and try to be nice in case you want explanations. Standard procedure in human enterprises, nothing personal whatsoever. Have a piece of Pie filled with 'Commie Logics' and cheer up?

The Lizard of Oz

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke

You also have the right to buy and own property.

Simply put, at the end of the day, no you don't.
Quick edit: I'm not debating the right to the concept of owning something, I'm pointing out the concept of property ownership isn't truly ownership when you can have it taken from you for not paying the permanent tax on it.

You rent it from the government so long as you pay property taxes after you "acquire" it from the last person renting it from the government and paying property taxes.

Try not paying those taxes and see how long that property is really "yours".

Land ownership in the US is far less genuine ownership and substantially more renting than people care to admit so long as there is a tax on it.
edit on 8/19/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/19/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah....that is a issue I am uncomfortable with. If you have paid for property it should always remain yours.

It's a good topic for another thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You also have the right to buy and own property.

Simply put, at the end of the day, no you don't.
Quick edit: I'm not debating the right to the concept of owning something, I'm pointing out the concept of property ownership isn't truly ownership when you can have it taken from you for not paying the permanent tax on it.

You rent it from the government so long as you pay property taxes after you "acquire" it from the last person renting it from the government and paying property taxes.

Try not paying those taxes and see how long that property is really "yours".

Land ownership in the US is far less genuine ownership and substantially more renting than people care to admit so long as there is a tax on it.

Nonprofits are tax exempt, including property tax.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah....that is a issue I am uncomfortable with. If you have paid for property it should always remain yours.

It's a good topic for another thread.

I do agree with you, you shouldn't have to pay two fees (purchase price and permanent tax) for a home to call yours, that really isn't yours if you don't pay the tax.

It would indeed make a great debate thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join