It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Elway blames Colin Kaepernick for no job: 'had his chance to be here,' omits key fact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Kaepernick realized he was a s# quarterback and decided to use the NFL platform while he still could to become a political activist.

I guarantee you this asshole is going to run for office.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He voted to be unemployed he got what he wanted. He is no role model.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: shooterbrody

perhaps you should do a little research on this before you look more foolish the player lost his starting job before any of the hullabaloo started then the player quit his job with millions left on his contract you feel sorry for him and defend him all you like, I refuse to sympathize with a player who threw a fit when benched then quit on his team because it was too tough to get his starting job back

Simmer down there Jethro.

I asked him a question, you know to educate myself.

Also, find for me where I defended Kap, good luck, I haven't.

While Elway was disingenuous on this, I still don't quite get all the backlash on this story years later. Kaepernick has every right to use his free speech to further any political causes of his choosing. However there is one thing that always gets me.... I've worked for two corporations in my life, both have required me to sign a form saying that any political speech I do is to be done while on personal time and not to include my place of work via language or logo on my person. Both companies were household names, so it made sense that they didn't want me going out on my own and dragging them into anything that could harm business. Kaepernick has been an affluent with no shortage of resources or connections. He could have easily set up press conferences while not wearing the jersey, or set up a foundation to further his causes. Whatever your opinion on his politics, I understand why people wouldn't want to employ someone who is going to use the employers platform for political speech, it could be bad for business. NFL season is about to kick off, so I figured I'd prime the discussion I am sure was going to come sooner or later.

no defense eh?
Kap does have every right to use his free speech as he wishes.
The facts of his career demise have little to do with him exercising his rights and a lot to do with poor business decisions he made.
Unless you quit your job in anticipation of getting a higher paying job with another company your comparison is skewed.
Also kap did use his nfl gained visibility as a platform to effect social change.
Did you know the first "protest" he engaged in had nothing to do with kneeling and wasn't noticed by the msm until 2 weeks after?
Kap threw a fit and attempted to use social justice issues to cover it up.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Never defended him, I've said throughout the thread even if he was being sidelined due to using their time and platform to protest they have every right to not want to work with him.

As I've said, I don't think people should use their employers platform, or get paid while vocalizing personal politics.

Just because me and you see this differently does not mean I am defending him.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Kap can make more money and be more famous if he doesn't play. He's playing his base, like they play madden on the day it comes out.

Mike Eruzione(1980 US hockey fame) never went pro, because he would not have been a star, so without the NHL he stayed famous. If he went to the NHL, he would have been a "bum" who did good against the commies.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

And the prayer one is total crap. Watch the middle of the field after a game and you will see players from both teams gather for a prayer.

I thought that was settling the bets they made on the game. I learn something every day.

Anyway

So the knee thing was his backup plan if the throwing the ball plan didn't work?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If Kaepernick was a good enough QB, someone would have put up with his circus. But, he's just not. That's all there is to it.

He's not Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott or even Tom Brady.

Hell, he wasn't Alex Smith. Hated letting him go to keep Kap.
edit on 17-8-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

lol
the facts are that kap was NOT sidelined for any protest, kneeling ect
he was sidelined because his coach at the time thought he was crap and had other options on the roster
AFTER kap lost his starting job he sat on the bench during the national anthem, in fact he sat on the bench most of that game
Kap was not even asked about it until 2 weeks later
www.sbnation.com...

Aug. 14 and Aug. 20 — Kaepernick goes unnoticed while sitting during the anthem Kaepernick made headlines when he sat during the 49ers third preseason game, but he also sat during the first two games, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. Kaepernick wasn’t in uniform and didn’t play during the first two games.

www.nfl.com...

The former Super Bowl starting quarterback's decision to go public comes while he is fighting for his football life with the 49ers, who drafted him in the second round in 2011. He lost his starting job last season after being one of the most promising players in the NFL during his run under former coach Jim Harbaugh. Over the past few months, his relationship with management has turned sour. He requested a trade last spring, which never came. He also has spent most of the offseason rehabilitating from operations to his left (non-throwing) shoulder, his hand and knee. His recovery left him unable to fully compete with Blaine Gabbert for months and has him seemingly in a bind to regain his starting job.

yeah
that guy is genuine
he wasn't pouting or anything

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Unlike Eric Reid who's a damn good safety and unemployed.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Your question seemed legit....until I looked around a bit

www.nfl.com...=rankings

Can Reid continue to play with abandon as a back-end enforcer with concussion concerns, a torn biceps and a PCL sprain on his medical chart?

As to reid suing the nfl....
www.espn.com...
www.sbnation.com...
perhaps if the 49ers had not signed any players that protested he may have a case

edit:
bleacherreport.com...
Seems the titans looked at him as well as the bengals
with the medical issues good luck proving the protest is the ONLY reason he was not signed...

edit on 17/8/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

lol. slow down there cowboy.

dak prescott does NOT deserve to be in the same sentenc as rogers or brady.

maybe later on in his career, if he lasts, but last year the dude fell off a bit.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
remember last year the ravens wanted him, and kaeps girlfriend botched the whole deal.

i think on a friday they wanted him, by monday the ravens realized there was too much drama, because his girlfriend mouthed off.

its funny, if you want to point to the beginning of the end of kaepernick, is his yoko ono girlfriend. she told him to go vegan, he lost a lot of strength because he did not eat the proper vegan protein. then after he lost his muscles AND starting job, he then starts this whole nonsense.

his girlfriend telling him to go vegan was the end for kaep.

what he should do, is get into politics OR get a tv show, OR build camps to train the next generation of athletes. i remember his first year, dude was awesome. and he did go to a superbowl.

if he really cared about people, he should do something with his infamy, instead of crying.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If Kaepernick was a good enough QB, someone would have put up with his circus. But, he's just not. That's all there is to it.

He's not Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott or even Tom Brady.

Dak!!! Mississippi in the House!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Yeah, dude, you hit the nail on the head w.r.t. to his Yoko Ono-type girlfriend (and Dak). I’d bet my last dollar, she was the one outfitting him with his pig 🐷 socks and Che t-shirt...

At any rate, not sure you’re a Ravens fan — assuming so tho — but the Ravens are primed to win the AFC North; gimme the Chargers vs Eagles in the Super Bowl and Phillip Rivers as league MVP.

HTTR

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
DP
edit on 17-8-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: DP

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

Who cares if they do or not. Their business, their rules. I don't watch that trash, but whatever. Entitled brats think they deserve the opportunity to do whatever they want and at all times

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The protests were Kap trying to save his job following multiple worsening statistical seasons and a growing list of downsides he, himself brought to the table. Denver was the only team willing to take him off the Niners hands BEFORE his protest... that should tell you right there just what a crap QB he was and is.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lol Kaepernick.

The guy who outed the whole protest as specifically being against the flag , yet the excuse makers continue to lie and say they're not protesting the flag or the anthem. If you're not protesting the anthem, you don't need to do it during the anthem. The "but we're raising awareness" excuse worked for about 5 minutes. Everyone is aware now. Stop lying about what you're protesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I already have a big distaste for professional sports. More accurately a distaste for tribalism.
This just solidifies it even more.

Why a grown man would wear the name of another man on his back is beyond me. Especially one whom is a millionaire playing professional victim. This dude is a walking contradiction, and the NFL team in my state would take his dumb ass?

John Elway you are a virtue signalling moron...
On second thought lets adopt him!
If I'm right ticket sales will tank and my peers will be forced to focus on real problems for a bit.

Just cause I can...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I already have a big distaste for professional sports. More accurately a distaste for tribalism.
This just solidifies it even more.

Why a grown man would wear the name of another man on his back is beyond me. Especially one whom is a millionaire playing professional victim. This dude is a walking contradiction, and the NFL team in my state would take his dumb ass?

John Elway you are a virtue signalling moron...
On second thought lets adopt him!
If I'm right ticket sales will tank and my peers will be forced to focus on real problems for a bit.

Just cause I can...

I actually enjoy some professional sports, but I agree with pretty much everything you said here. Pretty much the only sports memorabilia I have was bought for me by other people who mistakenly believed I wanted them. I don't wear players jerseys. I don't get the glorification of these people. It's embarrassing when some guy knows more about his favorite team than he does about his kids. People get so worked up over sports it's insane.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join