It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Which specific ideology are you talking about?

Christianity?
Judaism?
Islam?

Or any of the plethora of splinters factions from/of them?

Because they all hold the 10C dear.

But, since you'd like to be specific, let's be specific. Which religion has ownership on 10C? Which church is the state endorsing with them?

Lunatics, the lot of you.

Yes, all three are Abrahamic religions.

But seeing as I can't think of any Muslim founding fathers and there are about 15 million~ Jewish people on earth I think it's safe to say that the 10 commandment sculpture represents the Christians in this case.

If by your definition of having an opinion is a lunatic, sure, I guess you could catagorize me as that.

I don't see what is wrong with saying separate church and state so that instances like this doesn't take time away from real issues from our government.

But you haven't really offered any real debate this thread, just name calling people who have Politely laid out their opinions.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The point is that the 10 Commandments don't represent all religions. The spirit of the separation of church and state idea is that you honor all or none. If the 10 commandment monument can exist at the State House then so can a monument to Baphomet. How is that illegal or wrong according to the Constitution?

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Like a phallus, doesn’t mean phallus... Sounds like someone’s obsessed with Baphomet’s “symbols”

edit on 17-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: narrator

I don't think anyone here is arguing they don't have the right to put their statue up.

What is it with you people and banning statues?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

“Many other sources disagree” lmfao

Deny ignorance bro. Or kick rocks

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: narrator

I don't think anyone here is arguing they don't have the right to put their statue up.

What is it with you people and banning statues?

Who suggested banning statues? If you like it, get one commissioned for your church or house.

What's wrong with asking that tax dollars don't go towards favoritism of an ideology? Whats wrong with asking that the government we all pay to function and exist does not tie in a specific ideology into operation?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

“Many other sources disagree” lmfao

Denny ignorance bro. Or kick rocks

I did, linked to a wikipedia for it now I'm accused of editing it.

Learn2trollmobetta.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Like a phallus, doesn’t mean phallus... Sounds like someone’s is obsessed with Baphomet’s “symbols”

According to him, if you were to have a fever and your face is beat read then I say, "man, you're so red, you look like a tomato" that means I'm literally calling your head a tomato.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They don’t believe in baphomet, or Satan either for that matter. They only do things like this to piss off the Christians. If the Xhristians want it to go away they just have to ignore it for long enough

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Like a phallus, doesn’t mean phallus... Sounds like someone’s is obsessed with Baphomet’s “symbols”

According to him, if you were to have a fever and your face is beat read then I say, "man, you're so red, you look like a tomato" that means I'm literally calling your head a tomato.

No, thats just your inner idiot coming out and you being intellectually dishonest.

Thanks for attempting to use your brain, but, please, just don't it's embarrassing to watch.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Are your tax dollars going to whatever statue you don't like?

Do you even know?

I submit that you don't.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That's what the article in the OP is about. A state senator said: “It will be a very cold day in hell before an offensive statue will be forced upon us to be permanently erected on the grounds of the Arkansas State Capitol.”
Also, the article says that the statue was only allowed to be on display temporarily.
So yes, people are arguing that they don't have the right to put it up. Maybe you personally aren't, but the state officials there are, and that's a problem to me. They are choosing one religion over another, and that shouldn't be the case on state grounds, because religion (all of them) shouldn't be on state grounds to begin with.

Also, who is "you people"? I don't want to ban statues. I just don't want statues to be displayed where they aren't supposed to be. Put the ten commandments statue up at a church, every single church in Little Rock for all I care. But, don't put it on public land, if someone else can't put their preferred statue up.
edit on 17-8-2018 by narrator because: wording

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The Temple of Satan's members who live in Little Rock, AK's tax dollars went to that Ten Commandment statue. I'd protest it if I were them too.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Are your tax dollars going to whatever statue you don't like?

Do you even know?

I submit that you don't.

Probably not in this case, I don't live there.

Let me paint a different picture so you understand where I am truly coming from.

This country is predominantly Christian, and I have no problem with that. Most politicians at high levels (especially presidents) have been Christian (or claimed to be), in fact there is only speculation that maybe four weren't throughout history.

In all reality, none of that bothers me, because our culture and society aren't too different than that, so long as they don't try and give extra rights or the sorts to the ideology they themselves believe.

Now, where it gets tricky is if you allow one group to start tying it into policy, and I'll explain why.

All it would take is a religion or ideology to gain majority in a locality to start doing the same if precedence has been set. That could get hairy and turn some areas upside down, try taking that to the Supreme Court and if they argue Christians can do it then it's going to be hard to argue against.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my opinion, and weirder things have happened. I know you don't agree with me and that's fine, it's your right.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wait a minute!

Did or does Satan own slaves?

If he did or does, I don't think we should have a statue to him.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's wrong with the 10C?

You cool with murdering people, cheating on your spouse, lying, stealing, being a selfish bastard, all that good stuff?

Christ, why don't you guys spend your energy on a real problem for once.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's wrong with the 10C?

Nothing. Except that not every non-Christian wants their tax money and their government honoring it over their own religious iconography. We are a secular nation. Keep your religion to yourself.

You cool with murdering people, cheating on your spouse, lying, stealing, being a selfish bastard, all that good stuff?

Christ, why don't you guys spend your energy on a real problem for once.

Stop projecting opinions onto me.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Wait a minute!

Did or does Satan own slaves?

If he did or does, I don't think we should have a statue to him.

I don't know anything about Satan owning slaves, but God specifically condones slavery in the bible and even dictates rules for how slaves and their masters should interact with each other.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If wiki is your source you need to grow the F up. Or shut up and let the adults talk. Seriously interesting thread for all the wrong reasons thanks to you. I know it’s The weekend, but damn you sound drunk and foolish. People wanna talk about it, let them. You and Krazy both sucked the wind outta this thread for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Let's start fresh. What's your opinion of the topic? Personally, I don't think any religious iconography should be displayed on state/federal land, especially if it's funded by taxes.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join