It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Scrutinizing

That was a typo dude... I meant to type canon.

I figured so. That was uncouth of me. Sometimes the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. It's sort of like you try to bite your tongue, before saying, "I told you so!", then it somehow slips out.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, most of the Loser Confederate statues were only erected to strike fear into those protesting and marching during the Civil Rights and Jim Crow era. You know, to intimidate the black folk! So you could see why it should be taken down and my solution is to just move them statues to a museum of sorts or a grave yard if people give a damn and what to visit them.

So comparing that to this is stupid but politics these days is the dumbest it's ever been.

And on a side note, don't you guys realize these "Satanists" are just trolling you Christians? I'm sure this is in responses to the Southern Judges and law makers that keep trying to erect their Christian statues on gov't property.

MURICA!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Anybody from the US?

That's supposed to be George Washington!

Did he keep slaves.

Let's stay silent on that.
We don't want the snowflakes hurting themselves when they try to claw it down.

edit on 17-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Anybody from the US?

That's supposed to be George Washington!

Oh gotcha. I guess I'm not used to seeing him in that position and clothed like a Roman. But the way Americans used to deify the man, that picture makes sense now that I think about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Lysergic

JUST call you butter, because you on a roll today.
Glad you’re here to enlighten all us noobs on ATS, how the world actually is according to you.

“Wiki”

You know high schoolers aren’t allowed to cite Wikipedia ever in their own reports and papers...?

Right?

Tell me you know this

I’ll wait

LOL, Link me a scholarly paper on Baphomet you genius.

I'll wait

Hah, knew you wouldn't, typical #boi.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Onus isn’t on me bud

And I’m still still waiting.....

edit on 17-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Deflection.

You and I both know there isn't a lot of sources for it, its either wikipedia or personal websites.

This isn't school, this isn't a university, so suck it up.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Yeah I know. Biblical prophecy is very self-fulfilling and full of inevitabilities. It's funny though. That Peter quote, to me, tells me that even back in the day belief of Christianity was a stretch and they all secretly knew that people wouldn't take them seriously. But instead of admitting this to themselves they use that as a circular argument of their rightness.

God's timing creates complacency, though. The Messiah was expected for thousands of years, is first prophesied in Genesis. The suffering Messiah came, which is more obscure in Old Testament prophecy we now understand, on hindsight, and they were expecting the Lord to come as King. The point is, the Lord Jesus did come, fulfilling hundreds of prophecies, and He turned the world upside down, in around 3 1/2 years. Was it a hundred and twenty years or so Noah was building the ark, and can you imagine the ridicule? There are about half as many more prophecies of the Lord to come, when He does come as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Nobody knows when, but all the scoffers are really going to be gobsmacked at how quickly and catastrophically the party will come to an end. Back when, they were neither believing there would be a flood, nor expecting Jesus, the first time. But these things did happen. How wrong they were, to the man. By the way, New Testament prophecy is clear the Lord will come like a thief in the night, that the apocalypse will suddenly come upon the world, when you guys are saying, well, just what you're saying.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Addition.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You say I’M deflecting? Pot meet kettle...”

I’m not accepting wiki. Suck it up.

But since I do care for your well-being and mental trappings of self-delusion, here ya go. Enjoy

www.diva-portal.org...:612805/FULLTEXT02

P.s- you win here because I suck at links.lol Anyway go to “baphomet research paper” then get back to me.
edit on 17-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Having atheistic views is not atheist.

They have a doctrine/belief system which includes some atheistic views.

There is a difference.

I said they are not theistic Satanists, I didn't really get further into their beliefs than that.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Also “you and I both know” ain’t working for me either.

Don’t ever put your filthy little thoughts or words in my pristine mouth. Hugs

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Look man. I'm really not looking to get into the finer details of why the Christian religion isn't true. We are getting completely side tracked here from the original point of the thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Don't matter if you don't accept it, it changes no facts.

Oh yeah let me click your link.................................................................................................................................................. ..............................................

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Actually, funny you mention facts changing

Looks at Wikipedia date...

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:29 PM