It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Sorry bro. I'm done talking to him now.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

My opinion? Thank you for asking. I feel special. Lol.

Anyway check my first post. That’s all I really wanted to add until this evolved into-mud pit status.. oh yeah and Wiki!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not at all. I appreciate your patient and thourough explanations. And am not here to troll

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

“Manner”

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't know anything about Satan owning slaves, but God specifically condones slavery in the bible and even dictates rules for how slaves and their masters should interact with each other.

God did not condone slavery in the Bible. Slavery was a fact in the fallen world of Paul's time, as well as other times. Saying to be the best example of a person, as a slave, condones slavery is like saying making the best, of a bad situation, condones bad situations. I don't believe the Lord that came to set people spiritually free, and the same Lord that led the Israelites out of Egypt, is a God of slavery. The very concept of freedom is much uplifted in scripture. Obviously, man does not actually own any other man, rather God owns the child of God, people owning other people, even placing a monetary value on other human life, fallacious and perverse concepts, period. Man has a whole history of doing anything and everything God does not approve of, God merely long suffering.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Typo

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

If God didn't approve of slavery then why did he implement rules for it and not explicitly condemn it? If you suggest that is the way of the world, you are deferring God's authority over to human popular opinion. The way I understand it is that no one answers to god. So if god said "slavery == no no" while the whole world was engaging in it then it shouldn't be a problem. His word trumps human activity. Yet instead we defer to human behaviors of the time to justify why god was silent on the matter.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

“Manner”

Well that settles that, you certainly bested me.

Hahahaaha.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Exactly, but it's not a statue of God (God-forbid).

It's just Satan.

Did he also own slaves?
Or was he the great liberator?

Personally I think he keeps a chain-gang in case his nose gets itchy.

God, on the other hand, I'd rather phrase it: you're an eternal servant of Godhead.
Whether you know it or not.
No whip driving you friend, only your heart.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Actually, it's a statue of Baphomet, which even in the Christian religion isn't Satan.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Least you admit it

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Least you admit it

It's hard not to when going up against such wit and combined with your overwhelming intelligence, surely you understand.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

If God didn't approve of slavery then why did he implement rules for it and not explicitly condemn it? If you suggest that is the way of the world, you are deferring God's authority over to human popular opinion. The way I understand it is that no one answers to god. So if god said "slavery == no no" while the whole world was engaging in it then it shouldn't be a problem. His word trumps human activity. Yet instead we defer to human behaviors of the time to justify why god was silent on the matter.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, answers to God. Justice delayed is still justice served. As they say, it's not over until the fat lady sings. Go to Luke 16, ask whether Lazarus or the rich man got the best deal. In addition, man has rejected God in his affairs, throughout history. You don't think it's more a matter of better watch what you ask for? Take you, for instance, same old anti-God rhetoric, creature, of your vast years and intellect, sitting in judgement of the eternal Creator, like you know what God should do, or not do, at any given time? You take man's sin and hang it on God. You demand complete freedom, want God to get lost and would piss yourself if God demanded you simply act like a honorable, civilized human being, clean up your smutty little life. The whole world is doing a lot of things God condemns, as a way of life, 24x7, in all geographies and languages. This is not Holy God doing those things. Don't think like a pervert. Tell you what, you all get together, right now, and decide you want to put an end to your sinning, repent and believe, and I'm sure a lot will change. Alright? But I won't hold my breath. As to God's silence, you are welcome to read Revelation, where it ends, the rest of the Bible where it ends for the unrepentant. Nobody gets by with anything. Most of you are not going to like what you hear, when the silence is over. You can take that to the bank.
edit on 17-8-2018 by Scrutinizing because: Addition.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

JUST call you butter, because you on a roll today.
Glad you’re here to enlighten all us noobs on ATS, how the world actually is according to you.

“Wiki”

You know high schoolers aren’t allowed to cite Wikipedia ever in their own reports and papers...?

Right?

Tell me you know this

I’ll wait

edit on 17-8-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

True, but then why is it a "Satanic Temple" in the thread title?

Besides, I thought they had one in Washington long ago.

I don't want to say anything, but of course I can't help myself.
He's got an elegant torso, but it looks like he puts curlers in his hair.
Was that to impress the Native Americans?

Not to judge, but he looks a bit queer.
I mean not this Baphomet, the other one.

edit on 17-8-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I don't believe in god. I stopped answering to him a while back. Things like the slavery issue didn't sit right with me, and that is just one of many many issues I have with Biblical cannon.

Also, revelation doesn't scare me anymore. I remember reading it back in high school thinking I was edgy learning about the end of the world, and then when I left the religion I was worried about that for a bit. Now I just see it as a giant unfulfilled threat that Christians have been saying for 2000 years or so.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

True, but then why is it a "Satanic Temple" in the thread title?

Because that is what the religion calls itself. I didn't choose the religion's name. They did.

Besides, I thought they had one in Washington long ago.

I don't want to say anything, but of course I can't help myself.
He's got an elegant torso, but it looks l like he puts curlers in his hair.
Was that to impress the Native Americans?

Not to judge, but he looks a bit queer.
I mean not this Baphomet, the other one.

Got a pic?
edit on 17-8-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't believe in god. I stopped answering to him a while back. Things like the slavery issue didn't sit right with me, and that is just one of many many issues I have with Biblical cannon.

Also, revelation doesn't scare me anymore. I remember reading it back in high school thinking I was edgy learning about the end of the world, and then when I left the religion I was worried about that for a bit. Now I just see it as a giant unfulfilled threat that Christians have been saying for 2000 years or so.

You're free to believe what you want, but the Bible does not champion slavery. You must have that confused with Muslims. There is neither any Biblical cannon, forget when, but gunpowder came later. If there were a Biblical cannon, though, that would be an explosive issue. Lastly, the 2,000 years scoffing? Didn't know you were in the Bible, did you?

2 Peter 3:3-6 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished.

Why, you're one freaking sign of the end, buddy!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Friend, you're in luck - I actually might!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That was a typo dude... I meant to type canon.

Why, you're one freaking sign of the end, buddy!

Yeah I know. Biblical prophecy is very self-fulfilling and full of inevitabilities. It's funny though. That Peter quote, to me, tells me that even back in the day belief of Christianity was a stretch and they all secretly knew that people wouldn't take them seriously. But instead of admitting this to themselves they use that as a circular argument of their rightness.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Who is the guy on the right supposed to be?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join