It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youth Unemployment Hits 52-Year Low

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just how the heck are they able to measure youth unemployment and how many youths want jobs and can't find them? This is a poll and nothing more. Worthless if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
So what's the big deal?

My daughter is a sophomore that participates in three sports and still has homework.
When the hell would she be able to get a job?
Especially when she has a social life.

Sports aside, I'm willing to bet the amount of homework she has is ungodly compared to back in the day of the boostrappers in the thread. I'm appalled at how many hours' worth the elementary school kids in my neighborhood get, compared to the home schooled kids, and especially compared to my day. These kids come home, and start cracking on the homework ASAP, right up until bed. They break for dinner, and a little outdoor play time(30 minutes, up to perhaps an hour with the more lax parents) Then it's right back to the homework, which seems to be between 3 and 4 hours' worth a day here. I can only imagine how much they bury a high school student under now.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If this is true that's good.

We need wage growth. Everything is debt right now people on average are spending more on basics.

We know our economy is in good shape when people have real income and spending power

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Say it with me: public schools. It's ok to call them out directly. No need to be vague with "society is doing it".

It's the f# government schools and their sociopath agents ("teachers").

How can you blame parents when kids spend more time in state custody than they do with their own families?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I've always wondered how they can be at school for 7 hours a day and still have an hour plus of homework.
Especially when we have e learning days now when snow gets school canceled. She stays home and does her emailed assignments in about an hour..
Wtf?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Its a totally out dated and broken system thats why its hard to undeestand

Defund it

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

But our local highschool wants to build a $10 million Fieldhouse!

It's for the youth!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

I've always wondered how they can be at school for 7 hours a day and still have an hour plus of homework.
Especially when we have e learning days now when snow gets school canceled. She stays home and does her emailed assignments in about an hour..
Wtf?

The number of home schooled kids in our neighborhood keeps growing every year, and it doesn't have much of anything to do with religious or political slants. Most parents ask the same thing you just did, "After a full day of school, they have the balls to send little Sally home with 3 hours of homework??" And it's more a rhetorical question, the reason is obvious to everyone that they're trying to teach way too much material, and entirely too fast.

These kids are under SO much pressure to excel academically in school that they're burning out before they even hit puberty. Kids are pressured to pick a damn career path before they're done playing with Tonka trucks and Barbies, FFS.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

But our local highschool wants to build a $10 million Fieldhouse!

It's for the youth!

Yeah same here. They are building a massive new school simultaneously while cutting programs

I asked some city council members what is up with that and I got blank stares

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianMason

This is just hilarious to me but really sad, I have no kids but am an uncle to 4 nieces and nephews... I'm talking about children (yes children at the age of 20) coming into the work force and needing a job.. You do not know my history nor do you have any idea what I deal with on a day to day basis.. I stand firmly by my original comment 110%, maybe you deal with it, maybe you don't.. I just need you to realize not every situation is you being a golden snippin parent........

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

oh my this is the best response of the day, when I was growing up this is how it was... now we have to leave a mile long paper trail to just get rid of a temp for race involved instances and what not... let me tell you the US is not what it was even 15 years ago.. I would bust my hump for you sir to have a job.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join