It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Depth of Freedom. TCD 2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I came from humble beginnings. My Parents wouldn't stay out of my business
so we had a fight and I left them. Now it was just me against the world.

You see? My Father was a very rich man. I know, I know. I said I came from humble beginnings because the first
moment that I really started to live, was when I became independent.

It started out kind of ruff, but with time and lesson's learned I quickly
realized what needed to be done. I worked very hard to ensure my self gained independence
would not be earned in vain by the the blood, sweat, and tears that aquired it.

Freedom is the pinnicle of intoxification. It quickly began a battle inside my self as to what lengths I would go
to stay free. Unleashed from the burden that held me back I realized that in order to stay free and powerful, there
will be certain things that I will have to do. Certains rules that I would have to follow in order to ensure my freedom
above all else.

I started out with just a few rules and codes to live by. I thought it would be best that I follow them, which anyone with
such a grand idea of being independent should at least do, to keep themselves in check in order to focus on their goal.
Once I had achieved one goal my experience in achieving another goal grew exponentialy.

Over time and distance as I grew in knowledge, I have conquered my emotions, as such, to become powerful among my brothers
and sisters that came before me. Young and powerful amongst the old and weak. I am old enough to have garnered
some wisdom from my experience and and my listening skills have improved dramatically.

I will leave you with one piece of advice. It is about taking care of your family, because I know how to take care
and protect my family.
If you fix the small problems around you the big problems will usually take care of themselves.
And for the one's that don't? Well, it's time to get to work.

You are my family. Did you know that?
You can call me Sam.
Uncle Sam.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Very interesting story highvein, and I enjoyed the style it was written in. The ending was the clincher. Well done..S&F

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks Shey. I thought I would throw in a story because I enjoyed the stories from you guys and I was inspired to at least try to write a story.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Great Job,

Enjoyed the reading.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thank you for you kind words bally. You guys are so good, I had to throw in the bell curve just to make it fair to others.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Really well-written, fascinating read, and I found myself unsure where you were taking us, but happily along for the ride.
I especially like these two lines, lovely.

Freedom is the pinnicle of intoxification. It quickly began a battle inside my self as to what lengths I would go to stay free.

Nice twist at the end!

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Very well done.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks for the encouragement Zos. If I keep writing maybe I can become as descriptive as you are.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I consider that high praise coming from you.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Nicely done.

new topics

top topics

join