It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tonight no Ranting Here.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: skywatcher44

People hate Trump because he's a deranged, unstable, misogynistic, corrupt, racist whackdoodle whose entire administration seems to be coming apart at the seams. He's a disaster.

And of course, the entire national security apparatus would utterly fail to stop a maniac from being put into the most powerful office in the world. Totally plausible, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut"And, to be honest, if one of these other countries, even the allies of the US, were attacked, history has shown that the US does nothing until its own interests are threatened. Just look at during the second world war where it took Pearl Harbor to get the US to act (the world remembers)."

1. WWII came right off the heels of the great depression. 2.Not wanting to send more good men off over seas to die for a land not their own again, literally 20 years after the first time parts of Europe lost its damn mind. The American public did not want to go to war.3. It was the industrial might of the US that helped bring WWII to a close. Without it, German would be the first language of a majority of Europe's population. Logistics.

That being said, Wars are waged for one reason. Money. even world wars.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Every Empire eventually falls; usually from within. Part of the ebb and flow. Its only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
a reply to: chr0naut
1. WWII came right off the heels of the great depression.

2.Not wanting to send more good men off over seas to die for a land not their own again, literally 20 years after the first time parts of Europe lost its damn mind. The American public did not want to go to war.

3. It was the industrial might of the US that helped bring WWII to a close. Without it, German would be the first language of a majority of Europe's population. Logistics.

That being said, Wars are waged for one reason. Money. even world wars.

1. The great depression was over, i.e; the world had recovered economically, by the late 1930's. The US didn't get into the war until December 1941, slightly less than three years later. When the safety of free world was at stake, millions of people were dying and several of the allies of the US were defeated or within a hair's breadth of defeat, as an excuse, it's crap.

2. It's true, the US had been at war overseas in Russia, Mongolia & Iran in 1920, where it was defeated. But that was not a war against US allies. The reasons for an entry into war was different and because of radio, the US public was well aware of the buildup and threat that Nazi Germany posed.

3. While it is true that Pearl Harbor was a major event in the war, arguably, the more important and pivotal event was the rout of the Nazi's by the Russians at Stalingrad and the reversal of the German advance. Remember that the Russians reached and took Berlin before the allied forces got there, ending the war in Europe (and as agreed at Yalta). The US just tagged along afterwards, trying to pinch as many German secrets, scientists, gold and art works as they could in the time frame. Of course, the facts of history aren't kind to the legend of the US saving the world.

edit on 17/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mus8472
I hate Trump because he lies,

Show me a politician that doesn't lie.

sows dissent here at home,

The leftist media is who is sowing dissent by constantly taking what he says out of context to push a hate agenda. It seems to be working..

lowers himself to name calling and petty bickering

He is no lower or higher than anyone else

and is a selfish narcissist.

Yeah, he is a narcissist, most politicians are. Selfish, not so much. He gave up a billion dollar playboy lifestyle to better our country and you can't deny the numbers. He also donates his salary. He will be the first president to come out of the office worth less than when he went in, while Obama is living the best life right now off the backs of the taxpayers.

It has nothing at all whatsoever to do with his policies or what he's trying to change in the country. He is a horrible person.

Identity Politics is all the left cares about. Screw the country, let it burn because you don't like the way Trump talks. Makes sense...smdh

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Trump couldn't care less about America. Obviously.
It's all about trump and your complete and utter admiration of anything and every thing he does.
It's all done for the glory of trump.
Oh... charity...makes me look good. Don't really give the money though.
That kind of thing.
His actions serve only trump. Not you not me.
He doesn't care about you at all.

You think in a foxhole this dude would have your back?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: mus8472
I hate Trump because he lies,

Show me a politician that doesn't lie.

sows dissent here at home,

The leftist media is who is sowing dissent by constantly taking what he says out of context to push a hate agenda. It seems to be working..

lowers himself to name calling and petty bickering

He is no lower or higher than anyone else

and is a selfish narcissist.

Yeah, he is a narcissist, most politicians are. Selfish, not so much. He gave up a billion dollar playboy lifestyle to better our country and you can't deny the numbers. He also donates his salary. He will be the first president to come out of the office worth less than when he went in, while Obama is living the best life right now off the backs of the taxpayers.

It has nothing at all whatsoever to do with his policies or what he's trying to change in the country. He is a horrible person.

Identity Politics is all the left cares about. Screw the country, let it burn because you don't like the way Trump talks. Makes sense...smdh

I was going to chime in but you covered what I was going to say basically..

edit on 17-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A lot of powerful Democrats in politics and the Media have done/are doing a lot of horrible things

Got anything besides hot air in a bag to prove this? Like you know...an example?

No you don't do you?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Can the same be said for those who hate(d) Obama?

The difference is those that hate Obama, hate him because of his terrible policies that hurt our country.

Those that hate Trump, hate him solely on Identity politics.

Change my mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

He's never been at fifty percent approval.
Only with his little basket people. You remember them right?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What he said doesn't even make sense.
People hating trump because he loves America?

Like people hate Mary because she loves puppies.

It makes no sense.
Pay no attention.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

God you have everything backwards. Is it Sadie Hawkins day?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PainGod

Well, to be fair, Hitler managed to gain power with a lot of help from the US. Who built all those train tracks and why did the German tanks have Ford engines?

That's not to say the UK didn't help also, everyone in the developed world wanted a strong Germany that would know it's place. Didn't work out too well.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Non American here but where I come from he is as welcome as a fart in an elevator.

He has gone through multiple wives, many failed business, yet somehow you entrust this man to run your country? I could let you in on an inside joke on bad presidents but i'll refrain from giving into my urges.

I sit on the fence and would rather vote for policies rather than personalities, and for the Trump groupies I have four words for you, the same four words I sent to Trump on Twitter before being banned from tweeting him.

'Where is the wall?'

Think about it...what has he actually done to improve your life?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Non American here but where I come from he is as welcome as a fart in an elevator.

He has gone through multiple wives, many failed business, yet somehow you entrust this man to run your country? I could let you in on an inside joke on bad presidents but i'll refrain from giving into my urges.

I sit on the fence and would rather vote for policies rather than personalities, and for the Trump groupies I have four words for you, the same four words I sent to Trump on Twitter before being banned from tweeting him.

'Where is the wall?'

Think about it...what has he actually done to improve your life?

I've had an 50% increase in my current pay rate in the last 18 months from a job I've been at for 9 years. I haven't had a pay increase in 7 years. This is a direct result of his economic policies as my company is in a lot better place than they were under Obama's policies. My tax return was a bit better this year as well.

Due to this, the wife and I were able to take the first real, week long family vacation since the birth of my first kid 7 years ago.

My bills are getting paid on time. Financial stress is down and my family dynamics are at an all time high due to this.

You say you would rather vote for policies over personality, yet all you quote is personal issues.

Think about it...what policies of his are bad?
edit on 8 17 2018 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The difference is those that hate Obama, hate him because of his terrible policies that hurt our country.

Change my mind.

And again.. why can't Trump's throng understand that other people have their own ideas about what policies are good or not good for this nation? I think he has done quite a few things that are a huge step back. Also I think many of his policy changes were not well planned out strategies by him and his administration, they were simply done to undo everything Obama put into place. That's not a strategy.. that's a grudge, and just inanely stupid.

Also this may come as a shock, but Trump lying out his piehole on a daily basis is not magically negated to be "OK" because some other politicians may lie. Pointing out negatives as positives because he isn't the only one to do is is ridiculous. It doesn't somehow make it right. I think one of the key takeaways from this Presidency is.. deflection. His followers are mastering the art of deflecting ANY negative criticism. And then act as if this President has NO FLAWS at all - that he is the most perfect (the very best.. best ever!) POTUS in the history of the nation. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is a push to make it cool to be anti trump and anti America .

They want Americans to be ashamed and not proud of their flag or. national anthem.

The enemy know they cannot defeat America with traditional weapons.

So they use these slow and methodical methods that liberals fall head over heals for.

Liberals are a huge tool for terrorist

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No, because Obama kept driving his ship toward rougher sees and rockier shorelines.

I liked Obama at the start--his rhetoric was good, his persona was great, and his promises seemed like a good rebound from "W." Hell, I even voted for him in 2008.

The honeymoon period was very short, and I divorced my support of his policies and ideas probably within a year...yeah, it was that bad.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Change my mind.

And again.. why can't Trump's throng understand that other people have their own ideas about what policies are good or not good for this nation? I think he has done quite a few things that are a huge step back. Also I think many of his policy changes were not well planned out strategies by him and his administration, they were simply done to undo everything Obama put into place. That's not a strategy.. that's a grudge, and just inanely stupid.

Also this may come as a shock, but Trump lying out his piehole on a daily basis is not magically negated to be "OK" because some other politicians may lie. Pointing out negatives as positives because he isn't the only one to do is is ridiculous. It doesn't somehow make it right. I think one of the key takeaways from this Presidency is.. deflection. His followers are mastering the art of deflecting ANY negative criticism. And then act as if this President has NO FLAWS at all - that he is the most perfect (the very best.. best ever!) POTUS in the history of the nation. What a joke.

I don't give a hoot about what other people "think" are good/bad policies. That's why we have the voting system that we have. Baby Bush's policies were terrible. That's why Obama was voted into office for 8 years, and in those 8 years, he failed miserably. Undoing what he did has done WONDERS for this economy. He couldn't break a GDP over 2 in 8 years and in 18 months, Trump has doubled that and then some.

What I do have a problem with, is the people using identity politics to overthrow a duly elected president. They can't attack him on his policies because they have been great for our economy so all they have is a gross smear campaign. Iv'e heard so many leftist media and economist tell me time and time again how NONE of this would come to pass and I would be crazy to think that it even could, yet here we are. Maybe they are the ones that need to rethink what policies they "think" would be good for this country.

Unemployment is low.
Job availability is high.
Wages are starting to creep up.
Stocks are high.
Peace negotiations with NK are better than they have been in decades.
Many Americans being held hostage by foreign nations have been brought home.
American military remains being brought home from the Korean war.
ISIS influence has been drastically reduced.
Trade deals are improving, although the tactics are scary as heck, they are working.

Please tell me an Obama policy that was good?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think there are more Americans who love Trump than the Fake Media narrates.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join